Opinion Am I the only person digusted by this?

Remove this Banner Ad

The 22 games you won't want to miss in 2019 - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/the-22-games-you-wont-want-to-miss-in-2019

In round 16 it promotes our game against the Lions as a "renewal of hostiities between Harris Andrew's and Jeremy Cameron".

I dont want to re-open wounds with Lion's fans. I do think it's disgraceful to use a horrific incdent to promote a game. Incredibly dissrespectful to Andrew's who spent days in hospital with bleeding in the brain.

There's a journalist who should be seriously considering a different career path in my view.

What an absolute nation of ****ing sooks Australia has become. Its a ****ing article about games next year featuring such crap as the Port Vs Wingard and Hogan vs Melbourne... who gives a ****. Neutrals would hardly give two seconds thought to it.

You know what the AFL is though? A ****ing entertainment business and entertainment includes villains so let them promote whatever the **** they want IMO

What an absolute nation of ******* sooks Australia has become. Its a ******* article about games next year featuring such crap as the Port Vs Wingard and Hogan vs Melbourne... who gives a ****. Neutrals would hardly give two seconds thought to it.

You know what the AFL is though? A ******* entertainment business and entertainment includes villains so let them promote whatever the **** they want IMO
So your saying that people concussed with bleeding on the brain should just shut the **** up and take it like a man? Be left on the ground unconscious until they harden up?

The 22 games you won't want to miss in 2019 - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/the-22-games-you-wont-want-to-miss-in-2019

In round 16 it promotes our game against the Lions as a "renewal of hostiities between Harris Andrew's and Jeremy Cameron".

I dont want to re-open wounds with Lion's fans. I do think it's disgraceful to use a horrific incdent to promote a game. Incredibly dissrespectful to Andrew's who spent days in hospital with bleeding in the brain.

There's a journalist who should be seriously considering a different career path in my view.
Andrews*

How the first game of the season isn't the Grand Final replay is beyond a joke.
I've always said it, guaranteed a quality game with some hype around it.

Why waste the grand final replay in round 1 when the reigning premier couldn’t give a rats tossbag about it? Let the season develop a bit then have it

So your saying that people concussed with bleeding on the brain should just shut the **** up and take it like a man? Be left on the ground unconscious until they harden up?

That's got nothing to do with the a single journalist mentioning it in article 6 months later. It's emotional dribble.

Yeah ok, I misread your post a bit.

I dont agree with promoting those kind of incidents though.

Then you can't promote when a bloke misses a kick after the siren and loses a gane because the emotional distress it causes him and his family

Can't promote a loss which causes a team to miss finals due to the hardship felt by the supporters

Then you can't promote when a bloke misses a kick after the siren and loses a gane because the emotional distress it causes him and his family

Can't promote a loss which causes a team to miss finals due to the hardship felt by the supporters
Naah
Just a bit of respect for a serious injury.

It's been many months and Andrews is fine
Actually not necessarily, I certainly hope so. Concussions are cumulative to some extent and multiple players have had to retire because of it.
I dont think your view is offensive, but we aren't going to agree. Let's leave it at that.

What do you expect? Every derby they bring up the demolition derby in promoting it, and then get thrilled in the commentary at the first sign of a fight. I think the only thing that really upset them about Gaff hitting Brayshaw was he did it far enough off the ball that they didn't have great footage of it and they'd been busy focusing on the play instead of watching it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how would you manage say the Gaff/Brayshaw meeting in round 4?

Do they just let it play out with everyone watching and scribes expectantly waiting to see if there are any square-ups,
or do they get on the front foot and have them shake hands and do the toss together at the start?

Do they just let it play out with everyone watching and scribes expectantly waiting to see if there are any square-ups,
or do they get on the front foot and have them shake hands and do the toss together at the start?
Ignore it in my view. Bradshaw has said he's moved on, I doubt there'll be any square ups. Expect a bit of feeling between the players though.

There's a dark side to promoting this kind of thing. There's plenty of evidence it can empower a fringe element of the public prone to violence. AFL crowds are usually pretty civilised in my experience, but that's not something we should take for granted.

Who gives a shit. Let it play out however they want.
Making them shake would be the most contrived shit ever

It’s reality though.

Be honest, if you were at the game, when they break to positions you’d be watching to see if Andrews goes to Cameron, and how they greet each other.

It’s human nature, not sure you can blame the journalists for it.

And one minute later it is irrelevant.

It's the AFL pleading to the bogan element of our sport to stay in touch and not all switch to UFC...

Remember how Demon supporters were sent finals ticketing information prior to round 23 last year, under the assumption that they'd make the finals, which they didn't? Well, that blunder was at the hands of the AFL marketing department, not the Melbourne football club, even though the Melbourne football club copped all the heat from it. 12 months later the AFL ****ed up again. This time, they produce an advertisement espousing the prospects of each finalist, and run it on channel 7 after the semi-final weekend. Problem is, some of the teams in the advertisement had already been eliminated. Whoever's heading up the AFL marketing might as well clean out his desk and go home, because he ****s up every year. Maybe they should get the basics right before they try muckraking. It's a wonder they got Andrews & Cameron's names right. Somebody on this thread reminded us that AFL media are independent of the AFL, and to that person I say thanks for the laugh. I needed it after yesterday's satanic ritual. I don't want to hear the words 'breaking down' to describe a living, breathing creature ever again. 'Breaking down' is what my car does. I'll finish with this nugget of information - lying is not the second language of the AFL. Bullying is. And nobody does it better than AFL.com. Completely moral-less. They'll pour fuel on any fire they can find. They reminded us again this year that Treloar rated the Pies list superior to the Tigers. And the kid gets booed twice a year when he fronts up against the yellow & black. Do AFL media give a shit? Of course not. They couldn't give a flying ****. Players are expendable as far as they're concerned. So are coaches. How about the annual 'which coach will get the sack first' survey at AFL media. It's repugnant. It's a bug bear of mine, and I get sucked into the conversation time and time again, and it all goes back to Jon 'I drive my car into pizza shops' Anderson labeling Nathan Buckley 'figjam' all those years ago. As a supporter I've had to put up with that shit for 24 years now. 'Ando' was asked in 2008 to reveal his source, and he still wouldn't do it. Probably because he made it up. Him and Sheahan. Then again, I'm probably paranoid. It's not like the Herald Sun make stuff up. Sure, they portrayed the Magpies as thieves for ceasing to donate the Queen's Birthday gate to the Dees, but that was probably just a momentary lapse in professionalism. All in all, Robbo does a great job. So does Hutchy. All of them for that matter. I think they all deserve a great big slap on the back. How to promote the GWS v Lions game without violence? How about dedicating the game to au pairs. Maybe have a nanny appreciation round, and Miss Deuwel can give the award to best on ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Am I the only person digusted by this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back