International Americans' Reaction to RL being shown on Spike TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Chook Norris

Debutant
Apr 28, 2009
Inner West Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder what they'll think of the game last night. Personally, I thought it was an average game. There was too many dropped ball but it did open up towards the end. Hopefully, the next few games are much more exciting

Funnily enough.. the yanks absolutely loved the snorefest of a game(Melb v Manly).. lol! :eek::eek:

Comments on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/search#search?q=rugby spike

scooterpie55 Last night there was Aussie rules rugby on SPIKE TV. Not sure about the rules but I couldn't stop watching. GO STORM!!!

MikeMacLeod Watching NRL Rugby on Spike. How is this game not more popular in America?

SaraKoller #NRL - Watching the NRL finals on Spike TV (Melbourne vs Manly). Still learning the rules, but love the game - THANKS SPIKE!

MrCasteaux right now on spike is the NRL (national rugby league) finals. if you love rugby watch it. so fricken awesome

dotson2011: Watching rugby on spike! Soo hardcore!

white.png
rickandchristie: Watching rugby on Spike TV. Talk about a real man's sport
white.png
rahsheen: Watching the National Rugby League Final on Spike. WTF is a scrum? Odd sport, but looks hard.
lollukas: watching rugby on spike & I can't bleve the way these guys play wit no pads or nothin!
AJsoccerfan: National Rugby League (Australia) on Spike TV IS AWESOME! These guys are beating thstuffing out of each other!
RAYDIDDY711: I'm watching rugby on spike tv these dudes is f**king each other up I thought football was bad lol
parkerj: Watching rugby on spike. These fools are absolutely crazy!
GregCarter: Forgot Spike has an HD channel. Rugby looks even more dangerous on the big screen in high def. Damn, those guys hit HARD.
AlfieCrow: #Rugby is on Spike right now. I have no idea whats going on, but it's awesome.
MikeMacLeod: Watching NRL Rugby on Spike. How is this game not more popular in America?
KadinAnthony: Spike tv is trying to Americanize rugby? Awesome!

Only negative however is that they keep using the term, 'rugby'; may take some time to alter that frame of mind.

Im glad they really enjoyed it. That was the worst game of the round imo. Imagine their reaction if they got the titans vs broncos game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough.. the yanks absolutely loved the snorefest of a game(Melb v Manly).. lol! :eek::eek:

Comments on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/search#search?q=rugby spike

Only negative however is that they keep using the term, 'rugby'; may take some time to alter that frame of mind.

98% of Melburnians still call it Rugby even after 10 years of having our own side. Hopefully Americans are a bit quicker picking it up.

I remember when they played that game in Philadelphia (Aus vs US) I think the one where Mason got injured. Good to see they enjoyed the game. :thumbsu:

98% of Melburnians still call it Rugby even after 10 years of having our own side. Hopefully Americans are a bit quicker picking it up.

I remember when they played that game in Philadelphia (Aus vs US) I think the one where Mason got injured. Good to see they enjoyed the game. :thumbsu:

That stat is close to Sydney-siders calling aussie rules 'AFL'.
And they have had the swans there for what...about...20 years now?
Two decades and they still haven't picked up the proper name!

:thumbsdown:

That stat is close to Sydney-siders calling aussie rules 'AFL'.
And they have had the swans there for what...about...20 years now?
Two decades and they still haven't picked up the proper name!

:thumbsdown:

*Sigh*

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ask=DETAIL&articleID=10029837&sectionID=56131

"AFL Sydney Grand Final this Saturday"

The whole article is littered with the term "AFL" and not Aussie Rules.

I'm sure other people will happily post other examples of the promotion of AFL and not Aussie Rules.

I love rugby league more moreeeeee plz spike!

RUGBY IS GONNA B ON SPIKE!!!!! I NEED TO RECORD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

I bet it was awesome! The Mrs and I have been trying to follow rugby on Spike TV. Tracie and I watching rugby together= <3

Not generally a big fan of sports on TV. That said, surprisingly excited to find that Spike shows Aussie Rugby League on Friday nights.

Watched Australian rugby playoffs (Parrametta Eels vs Gold Coast Titans) on Spike TV last night, exciting stuff, will look for it again.

I don't usually discuss sports but gr8 news that the NRL (Rugby League) finals are being shown on Spike. Enjoy : ) http://nrl.spike.com

Now watching The National Rugby League Playoffs on Spike...! GD these guys are savages...!

Wow! Spike is broadcasting rugby in the USA tonight, Friday, and I'd forgotten what a fun and cool sport it is to watch! #nrl

Rugby on Spike TV ... these dudes are wiiild!! lol

one or two negative comments as well, but generally.. great, promising comments

Remove this Banner Ad

International Americans' Reaction to RL being shown on Spike TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back