State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The only good part is we now habe a game 3 decider but I have found both individual matches massive let downs so far in terns of a contest.

Both were "over" / you could pretty much call the result within 25 minutes of each game for each teams win.

Regardless of who takes out game 3 here's hoping the match itself is a worthy contest.

You guys crack me up. I thought Klein had a decent game (as he usually does, IMO), and I don't think he was biased towards any team. But hey, I'm one of those wild and crazy guys who think that refs in general aren't biased. Game over effectively at half-time. Moses and Luai both really stood up, Lomax too. All very well moaning at Deardon, but the Maroons never had the platform that Moses and Luai enjoyed.
Mostly good, backed himself into a corner which meant a player was sin binned for rubbing someone's head.

For that alone, he shouldn't be back for game 3. He was fortunate it wasn't result altering.

Whoever was in the bunker that allowed the obstruction try needs turfing as well.

Brilliant kicking game, and a no nonsense quick play the ball had the Blues on the front foot. Felt they lapsed in the 2nd half, letting the Maroons back in, and to their credit, they put up a fight, but too little, too late by then.

Surely Qld are favourites for a game at Suncorp.

Very hard to judge off one night but think there's some players that QLD would be concerned about in game 3.

Latrell monstered Holmes all night.
Walsh was off (although his position isn't threatened at all).
Didn't get nearly enough from either starting prop.

Personally would be dropping Grant. Playing both him and Hunt doesn't work for mine. Between them, 4 runs for 19m. Nowhere near good enough.

Dearden is clearly not Munster but he's serviceable enough in a team playing well. He's a running 5/8, with limited playmaking.

Presumably Cobbo will be back for Game 3?
Mostly good, backed himself into a corner which meant a player was sin binned for rubbing someone's head.

For that alone, he shouldn't be back for game 3. He was fortunate it wasn't result altering.

Whoever was in the bunker that allowed the obstruction try needs turfing as well.

How often do we hear refs say, if you all run in like that again, someone will be sitting down? And then they don't do it? Refs should do what Klein did every time. If you say you're going to do it, then do it, and players will begin to take refs seriously, perhaps.

Presumably Cobbo will be back for Game 3?

How often do we hear refs say, if you all run in like that again, someone will be sitting down? And then they don't do it? Refs should do what Klein did every time. If you say you're going to do it, then do it, and players will begin to take refs seriously, perhaps.

There were multiple players who ran in which he could've and probably should've binned first. Mitchell being one.

Very hard to judge off one night but think there's some players that QLD would be concerned about in game 3.

Latrell monstered Holmes all night.
Walsh was off (although his position isn't threatened at all).
Didn't get nearly enough from either starting prop.

Personally would be dropping Grant. Playing both him and Hunt doesn't work for mine. Between them, 4 runs for 19m. Nowhere near good enough.

Dearden is clearly not Munster but he's serviceable enough in a team playing well. He's a running 5/8, with limited playmaking.

Slater needs to pick the best bloody players and not his mates, David Fifita is the best edge backrower in the comp this year behind only Crighton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can feel an Andrew Johns dummy spit after the decider just like in 2022. Queensland will win at a Lang Park that'll be at its hostile best.
2 wins in 11 Origin games at Suncorp over the last decade. Doesn't sound great for New South Wales.

Would take an almighty effort for the Blues to get over that hurdle. Crowd will be very hostile.

Tipping a Queensland victory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back