State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see Best get another crack. Big shoes to fill though.

Absurd Kalyn is being played one game after a long term injury.
It looks a little desperate but he looked really good yesterday and we got nothing from Grant in game 2.

Cobbo for Coates is almost a wash. No Taulagi hurts though.

Glad to see Best get another crack. Big shoes to fill though.

Absurd Kalyn is being played one game after a long term injury.

Billy has had a stiffy about having Walsh and Ponga in the same team. He would have probably done it last year if it wasn't for Ponga's concussion issues. Now he's testing it in the biggest match of his origin coaching career.

Billy has had a stiffy about having Walsh and Ponga in the same team. He would have probably done it last year if it wasn't for Ponga's concussion issues. Now he's testing it in the biggest match of his origin coaching career.
Think it's either one or the other. Both are fullbacks only.

Actually having said that, with the concussion history of both it may be a masterstroke yet.

Think it's either one or the other. Both are fullbacks only.

Actually having said that, with the concussion history of both it may be a masterstroke yet.
Ponga has played a bit (pretty poorly) at the 6 i think.

I think im overly harsh on Walsh but i just dont think hes defensively good enough for Origin. Hes brilliant with the ball, not so great without it.

Based on the teams on paper NSW looks a comfortable favourite to me but Suncorp is the x factor.

Ponga has played a bit (pretty poorly) at the 6 i think.

I think im overly harsh on Walsh but i just dont think hes defensively good enough for Origin. Hes brilliant with the ball, not so great without it.

Based on the teams on paper NSW looks a comfortable favourite to me but Suncorp is the x factor.
Yeah about 6 weeks combined. It was a disaster, he was terrible there.

Don't disagree with you. Think the challenging thing is, Ponga is much the same. Albeit slightly better defensively I think.

It looks a little desperate but he looked really good yesterday and we got nothing from Grant in game 2.

Cobbo for Coates is almost a wash. No Taulagi hurts though.

I call Cobbo in a big win should have been in the starting side every game, got away with it game 1. Taulagi did nothing both games

Yeah about 6 weeks combined. It was a disaster, he was terrible there.

Don't disagree with you. Think the challenging thing is, Ponga is much the same. Albeit slightly better defensively I think.

Maybe they are thinking Walsh to 6 if Dearden is as terrible game 2, Ponga to 1

Don't think that would work any better really.

Maybe not but can’t go worse than Dearden game 2. He was diabolical and that’s being kind. Don’t actually hate the Ponga selection you need points he’s a luxury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahead of who that's the issue with Cobbo, was never going to be ahead of Holmes as qld NEED. kicker, you aren't going into an Origin series with DCE kicking goals. Hammer has be be the other centre. You can make a case for not having Coates or Talagui though, but it's same as whatever there

Walsh is very inconsistent as a kicker and he’s not even the first choice for his club. Not a chance I’d be leaving Hammer out. Was brilliant last year and has been outstanding when not injured this season. Talagui would be the one but it’s much as, Murray is the Australian winger

I call Cobbo in a big win should have been in the starting side every game, got away with it game 1. Taulagi did nothing both games
Well, well, well, someone has changed their tune

Well, well, well, someone has changed their tune

I expected them to go safe- and he deserved the first game he was terrible even though they won. Holmes has to be there as he’s the only good kicker but Cobbo had to be there game 2 and beyond

I expected them to go safe- and he deserved the first game he was terrible even though they won. Holmes has to be there as he’s the only good kicker but Cobbo had to be there game 2 and beyond
Thats fine, just noting that that is NOT what youve said above.

I said i thought Cobbo should have started game 1 weeks ago, you said "who for" now youre saying he should have been in the starting side EVERY game.

Thats fine, just noting that that is NOT what youve said above.

I said i thought Cobbo should have started game 1 weeks ago, you said "who for" now youre saying he should have been in the starting side EVERY game.

At least game 2 he should have especially against Trell

Maybe not but can’t go worse than Dearden game 2. He was diabolical and that’s being kind. Don’t actually hate the Ponga selection you need points he’s a luxury
Dearden was at the mercy of a team that got absolutely belted off the park.

There's not a 5/8 in the game that would've looked good in that side.

Dearden was at the mercy of a team that got absolutely belted off the park.

There's not a 5/8 in the game that would've looked good in that side.

Sure but not throwing a ridiculous intercept when we actually got possession would be an idea.

Sure but not throwing a ridiculous intercept when we actually got possession would be an idea.
Sure. I'm not hanging him for trying something though.

Everyone know's he's not first choice. If not Dearden, who? To me, he's still next best.

Sure. I'm not hanging him for trying something though.

Everyone know's he's not first choice. If not Dearden, who? To me, he's still next best.

Sam Walker. Why on earth not and then we could actually get rid of Holmes as he can kick

Mam too. Been unreal this year and is more in the run and play mould to compliment DCE

Can’t agree with this one. Been pretty ordinary and very ordinary since Reynolds got injured. On structure I agree but DCE has played heaps with Munster who even though wears 6 is the dominant one anyway I’d back him to work with Walker

State of Origin Ampol State of Origin 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back