Roast An Open Letter to Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

one of the worst performances I have seen in the last 30 years.
took the family from os and we were all gutted.
dimma be honest. we are not up to it and start with some blokes that want to play for the club. dimma also what is the coaching staff doing with our centre clearances, our kick ins our contested ball and our game plan. I accept that we are not up to it, but to fold with no desire, no game plan and no concept for the jumper is an embarrassment.

You must have watched a difference press conference to me.

The one i saw showed a coach that was hurting and very embarressed.

What else where you expecting him to say?

If you ever watched Hardwick play the game, he was one of the toughest and gave his all. There is no doubt he is trying to do the best with this bunch of kids.

If you ever watched Hardwick play the game, he was one of the toughest and gave his all. There is no doubt he is trying to do the best with this bunch of kids.

Thats right and for people to say if we bin that game etc its soft and we might as well bin our memberships as well. All i can say is you are not a true fan of the club if you truely would do that. So pack your bags now and leave. Its members like you that we dont need. It was clear watching the press conference that he was hurting like everyone of us is.

Every player should be made to review that game, learn from your mistakes, don't put your head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen! Make them watch that crap all day today! I am sure they are all hurting, but so they should be!
Every one of them should also forefit their match payment.

I just dont like apologies, I got a strong disliking for it a long time aago under frawley who did it commonly. Apologies are too often used in football as a marketing tool to excuse horrible performances. Just say the issues we had today will be fixed next week agaist the bombers - win,lose or draw.

Make no mistake I want Dimma at the club for the long haul, I could see was angry, but dont apologise for a playing group that burnt its much lauded "19th man" yesterday. Dont let the playing group ignore what they did yesterday, some of those players didnt care yesterday.

All of those players who Dimma saw as quitters yesterday should be sat down ans told this is your first official warning like any other workplace.

You can play poorly, but effort is a non-negotiable.

I just dont like apologies, I got a strong disliking for it a long time aago under frawley who did it commonly. Apologies are too often used in football as a marketing tool to excuse horrible performances. Just say the issues we had today will be fixed next week agaist the bombers - win,lose or draw.
That could be an empty promise though if it happens again
He can't win with what he says there either way

That could be an empty promise though if it happens again
He can't win with what he says there either way

It shouldnt be hard to try your guts out no matter the score. That should be the bare minimum.

Thats all - we can all cop big losses from better teams. But i cant cop not even trying to challenge to them.

Any way lets see what happens next week - and the weeks that follow as well.

It shouldnt be hard to try your guts out no matter the score. That should be the bare minimum.

Thats all - we can all cop big losses from better teams. But i cant cop not even trying to challenge to them.
Which has been the case all season until Saturday
A young side has a shocker against Carlton who are Top 3-4 and now the world is ending and we need to delist everyone. FFS someone suggested trading Riewoldt to Sydney.

Other than singling out individuals (every one of the 22 deserves our anger this week), I agree with you.

They need to be singled out after such a weak effort.

Farmer - doesn't do team things. Gets easy ball - he's lazy. What role does he play?
Edwards - Has SFA awareness. Get a haircut so you can see what's around you muppet.
Hislop - You're in the team for 1 thing only - hardness. Show it or your career is over.
Newman - Inconsistent. Really good Captains are consistent. You are not.
Post - Man up or you will be quickly onto the scrapheap.
Houli - Harden up and learn to tackle. Use your best asset - kick.
Batchelor - grabbing the back of as players jumper is not a tackle. Harden up or you have no place in defence. You'll just be another soft rebounder. (and we have stacks of those)
Browne - Run harder. I think you just lost your place to Graham for at least 3 games.
Foley - Not hurting opposition anymore. Opponents racking them up. Wouldn't have thought it a few months ago but you could be trade bait.
Thursfield - GWS may need depth in defenders but don't expect to play too many games.
Jackson - try and spend some time over summer and on the track with your kicking. Your skills are garbage. You're the worst kicking midfielder in the AFL.
Grigg - Need to improve skills and decision making. Not of VFL standard at the moment.
Vickery - use your height FFS.
Rance - note to yourself - do not handball to player about to be tackled.

And to all the team - chase, harrass, shepherd and tackle properly.

That effort was WEAK and you should all be bloody ashamed.

Farmer - doesn't do team things. Gets easy ball - he's lazy. What role does he play?
Edwards - Has SFA awareness. Get a haircut so you can see what's around you muppet.
Hislop - You're in the team for 1 thing only - hardness. Show it or your career is over.
Batchelor - grabbing the back of as players jumper is not a tackle. Harden up or you have no place in defence. You'll just be another soft rebounder. (and we have stacks of those)
Browne - Run harder. I think you just lost your place to Graham for at least 3 games.
Foley - Not hurting opposition anymore. Opponents racking them up. Wouldn't have thought it a few months ago but you could be trade bait.
Thursfield - GWS may need depth in defenders but don't expect to play too many games.
Jackson - try and spend some time over summer and on the track with your kicking. Your skills are garbage. You're the worst kicking midfielder in the AFL.
Grigg - Need to improve skills and decision making. Not of VFL standard at the moment.

Here I was thinking Footy is a TEAM game. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough you left out our 3 worst performers on the day, Cotchin, Martin and Foley but hey single out the easy targets.

thats one thing ive noticed is that houli has got to get better at holding onto the ball if tackled. take the tackle risk a holding the ball, dont just give it up with a 1 in 100 chance at a quick handball on the run that just doesnt hit the target. otherwise been ok but harden the f*** up!!!

I don't know why everyone is getting their knickers in a knot over yesterdays performance, it's just more of the same sh!t that we've had dished up to us over the past 25 years.....like i've said before, hopefully my 2 y.o son will see some success as I don't know if I ever will.

All you supporters knocking Hardwick lay off.
Like it or not he is the best coach we have had for a long while and there are half dozen clubs in line ready to sign him up.
What Hardwick has done with what he started with is remarkable. Our expectations this year was never going to be finals but development of our youngsters. Make no mistake Hardwick will weed out those who are not up to it. I am fed up we have one disastrous loss and people want lay into the coach. Yes it was a bad loss but only one for the year. We have list cloggers like every other club but what has been achieved in the short term is remarkable. It will take time and I suspect the young team is tiring. I am sure Hardwick is fuming deep down and hurting like all of us. Let see how they react against Essendon. One thing is for sure the best thing that has happened to the club is the recruitment of Hardwick. He will be our next premiership coach. Like he once said we will see which players are up to it and which ones are not. Don't expect to see them there next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not being a smart @rse , just an observation .

But he did miss the job at 2 other clubs before he got to us . Not sure about this "queue"
I would not count the Essendon job. hardwick told the board what they didn't want to hear and Knights did.

Thats right and for people to say if we bin that game etc its soft and we might as well bin our memberships as well. All i can say is you are not a true fan of the club if you truely would do that. So pack your bags now and leave. Its members like you that we dont need. It was clear watching the press conference that he was hurting like everyone of us is.
It's pathetic to say let's just bin it. You can learn so much from watching say Judd tearing Martin and Cotchin a new one. Why not watch it? Us supporter's have been for years and year's. I swear we have more heart for this team then what the player's do. :thumbsdown:

Now this is what I get pissed off with the most, Player's get the ball and think ''Oh shit im going to get hit, Oh here mate have the balll you can get hit insted.'' DONT BE ****EN SOFT, PLAY WITH A BIT OF HEART AND YOU WILL BE A GOOD FOOTBALLER! That's not just to Rance it's to every player on our list.

Here I was thinking Footy is a TEAM game. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough you left out our 3 worst performers on the day, Cotchin, Martin and Foley but hey single out the easy targets.

Foley was named. Cotchin was far from our worst. Do you think that our lack of any sort of a competitive ruckman had a say in our midfielders being belted?

Easy targets? I named 14 players.
If there is 14 easy targets in our side then we are well and truly stuffed.

Now this is what I get pissed off with the most, Player's get the ball and think ''Oh shit im going to get hit, Oh here mate have the balll you can get hit insted.'' DONT BE ****EN SOFT, PLAY WITH A BIT OF HEART AND YOU WILL BE A GOOD FOOTBALLER! That's not just to Rance it's to every player on our list.

wouldn't have thought Rance would give off a ball because of the fear of being hit - I don't think the word 'soft' is in Rance's vocabulary - Kmaikaze maybe - but not soft.

WHy would u bin the review where its a game that you can learn the most from?
We need to get a midfield coach. WE dont block, defend, sheppard or do anything for one another.
Dimma needs to take responisbility for our starts. Simple. The buck stops with him.
We have only 1 first quarter for the year, NOW thats emabarrassing!

I couldn`t agree more with you Delids. We play as individuals because we don`t block and shepherd which than causes turnovers because we kick under pressure. Get the team to watch the Cats, Pies, Blues and Hawks who constantly block and shepherd for each other.

It's pathetic to say let's just bin it. You can learn so much from watching say Judd tearing Martin and Cotchin a new one. Why not watch it? Us supporter's have been for years and year's. I swear we have more heart for this team then what the player's do. :thumbsdown:

I totally agree with this. Last year while studying music I was involved in a train wreck performance in front of all our peers where the bass player was way out of tune and like rabbits in the headlights we ploughed through the whole song while our own private titanic sank. The next week our lecturer made us sit and watch it (and oh my it was soooo awful). Great learning experience, and it actually helped us to put it behind us and move on.

Make them watch it Dimma!

I would not count the Essendon job. hardwick told the board what they didn't want to hear and Knights did.

it's funny how you can believe anything you want to, isn't it? In actual fact, Hardwick completely stuffed his final presentation to the board, and Knights nailed it, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

arik_levy_gold_bar_doorstop.jpg

it's funny how you can believe anything you want to, isn't it? In actual fact, Hardwick completely stuffed his final presentation to the board, and Knights nailed it, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

IN ACTUAL FACT - that is very much what Tugga posted - but you are an Essendon supporter so we will let you off for being somewhat DIPPY.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast An Open Letter to Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

Back