Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggard H

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Far from saying "I'm walking" but about the same distance away from saying "I'm staying".

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl-new...-admits-he-might-not-be-at-the-club-next-year

To hear this from Heppell, who probably has a lock on the captaincy if he stays, makes you feel the banned 12 are having plenty of conversations about their future and they're not spending those chats extolling the virtues of the EFC, or convincing each other to stay together.

Far from saying "I'm walking" but about the same distance away from saying "I'm staying".

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl-new...-admits-he-might-not-be-at-the-club-next-year

To hear this from Heppell, who probably has a lock on the captaincy if he stays, makes you feel the banned 12 are having plenty of conversations about their future and they're not spending those chats extolling the virtues of the EFC, or convincing each other to stay together.
I heard that last night and must admit I didn't take it like that at all.
Of course there is a chance he won't come back but if there is anyone I'd be the most confident of returning it would be Dyson. Has been chatting to the kids regularly and giving advice and his parents even attended the walk to the MCG last week.
There has been rumours of him meeting with Geelong but I'd expect most if not all clubs to chat to him at some stage

I heard that last night and must admit I didn't take it like that at all.
Of course there is a chance he won't come back but if there is anyone I'd be the most confident of returning it would be Dyson. Has been chatting to the kids regularly and giving advice and his parents even attended the walk to the MCG last week.
There has been rumours of him meeting with Geelong but I'd expect most if not all clubs to chat to him at some stage

Don't know how the Cats could afford him most of their cap will be going to Danger.

Don't know how the Cats could afford him most of their cap will be going to Danger.

What? All the talk has been that Danger was signed for well unders, he could have a shitload more elsewhere. 800k isn't that much of the cap, especially when you're having 350-450k contracts out the door faster than they are coming in (Johnson, Stokes, Kelly -> soon Mackie, Lonergan, Enright, Bartel).

What? All the talk has been that Danger was signed for well unders, he could have a shitload more elsewhere. 800k isn't that much of the cap, especially when you're having 350-450k contracts out the door faster than they are coming in (Johnson, Stokes, Kelly -> soon Mackie, Lonergan, Enright, Bartel).

He's signed till 2020 its going to take a massive offer to break his contract.

Dyson like the rest of the 11 are probably waiting to sort out the compensation with the club first before they commit imo.
Don't have to stay at the club for compensation, he'll be getting that where ever he goes. Which also means money wouldn't be that big a deal for him either, leaving success.

Expect teams like Geelong, Doggies, Hawks, Eagles to be in his ear.

And whos says essendon wouldn't be giving what he wants?
I don't see it happening personally. I also think some of these guys wouldn't want the burden/hangover on their shoulders that would happen if they stayed at the club. Move away and you can focus on footy, seems extremely enticing.

It also speaks of the mental fortitude and courage evident in the players that do stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see it happening personally. I also think some of these guys wouldn't want the burden/hangover on their shoulders that would happen if they stayed at the club. Move away and you can focus on footy, seems extremely enticing.

It also speaks of the mental fortitude and courage evident in the players that do stay.

What burden and hangover? once their bans are up it's over.

They can move on focus on footy at Essendon why does it have to be at another club.?

He's been sounding very non commital on 360 the last few weeks when it's been brought up. I'd say he's still 50/50 but off Essendon at present.

My opinion is that he will go and to wipe the slate clean.

But he can have a fresh start at Essendon.

The club is totally different to the one in 2012 you know.

I understand that but wouldn't understand why he would want to go back to be honest. For 3 years the club has told him he will be fine and won't face time out from the game. Then he cops a year out while no club officials get forces to sit time out for the same reasons.

I hope he doesn't only listen to the advice given to him by the club but also looks at other options he may have and do what's best for him and not just the bombers.

I understand that but wouldn't understand why he would want to go back to be honest. For 3 years the club has told him he will be fine and won't face time out from the game. Then he cops a year out while no club officials get forces to sit time out for the same reasons.

I hope he doesn't only listen to the advice given to him by the club but also looks at other options he may have and do what's best for him and not just the bombers.

I don't he think will.

Essendon have been very good to him and the other players it's not like the club have abandoned them.

But he can have a fresh start at Essendon.

The club is totally different to the one in 2012 you know.
Think about it like this

Your employer told you to take these pills as it will help you perform better.

You were then drug tested and failed the test, because of that failed test you have been banned from working for 12 months.

Your employer has stood by you as best they can because you are good at your job and they know it was their fault.

Then another organisation in the same industry comes along and offers you the same amount of money or more why would you go back to the organisation that ****ed you over?

What burden and hangover? once their bans are up it's over.

They can move on focus on footy at Essendon why does it have to be at another club.?
You know what I'm talking about.

It may not have to be another club, but realistically I think it would feel easier elsewhere. If I can think that you can bet every single player has thought it at some point as well. Some will act on the thought, some won't, some won't be in a position where they could.

The entire thing is really sad.

You know what I'm talking about.

It may not have to be another club, but realistically I think it would feel easier elsewhere. If I can think that you can bet every single player has thought it at some point as well. Some will act on the thought, some won't, some won't be in a position where they could.

The entire thing is really sad.

It is.

Heppell leaving will gut me big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back