djgk53

Team Captain
Oct 19, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, HUFC
Is there a better defensive midfielder running around anywhere?

His tenacity, passing and set piece ability is unbelievable. Despite supporting Inter, he is one of my favorite players.

Very dirty on Inter selling him, but on the bright side we got Coco from the sale :rolleyes:

By the way, Pirlo is a genius!

Thank you Inter.

Just for reference, Seedorf (another gun midfielder) was swapped for Coco (hardly used, always injured, lost confidence) and Simic (a vital member of our UCL winning 02/03 season) was swapped for Umit Davala (who was immediately LOANED out to Galatasaray and eventually sold the next season.)

Inter really does well in their dealings with us.

The Shev said:
Simic (a vital member of our UCL winning 02/03 season)

Inter really does well in their dealings with us.

Vital member? That's a bit out there. He's a decent squad player, but that's about it.

Don't forget we got the star Guly from you guys though.

Defending Inter is hard...

Moratti said Bergkamp would never score more than 15 goals for us when we signed him all those years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

djgk53 said:
Not quite anymore.

Pirlo > Vieria

patrick viera (although perhapsnot as technically adept as pirlo) is a better DM every day of the week. The presence he exerts in vital area's of the pitch alone can win games, and the leadership he provides for his team (club & country) is second to none. he is a class above Pirlo who i admit is a very good player, but not world class

Simic was a good player for us in 2002/2003, djgk53, but since then he has disappeared off the face of the planet.

Pirlo is world class these days, there is no denying it.

fevola25_ said:
patrick viera (although perhapsnot as technically adept as pirlo) is a better DM every day of the week. The presence he exerts in vital area's of the pitch alone can win games, and the leadership he provides for his team (club & country) is second to none. he is a class above Pirlo who i admit is a very good player, but not world class

Have you seen both of them played this season?

Vieira was the best a couple of years ago, this season he just stinks the stadium out when he plays for Arsenal.

Pirlo, on the other hand, is the exact opposite.

Vieira's done okay for the last few months, of course no where near his form of 00/01 but he hasn't been THAT bad. He's still won more tackles than any other player in England for the last upteen years.

whateva man...

roy keane in full flight was better than both, pirlo would not last 2 seconds in the premiership where the pace is much faster and much more attacking. Serie A makes him look like a superstar but he's not. Also the gap between the good sides in the serie A and the crap ones is an attributing factor.

fevola25_ said:
Also the gap between the good sides in the serie A and the crap ones is an attributing factor.

Serie A
1. AC Milan 67 pts
-------------------
20. Brescia 27 pts

Gap: 40 pts

Premier League
1. Chelsea 81 pts
-----------------
20. Norwich 23 pts

Gap: 58 pts

stats??????????????????

didnt norwich just beat Man Utd?

no-one can argue that the premierleague isnt the best and most exciting competition in the wolrd, the speed and style at which the premierleague clubs play lead to an upset always being on the cards, as opposed to the dour defensive fashion of the serie a. as i don't follow the serie a that closely as in my opinion it is in a downward spiral, i would be interested to see the number of draws for brescia?

sorry... just had a look and realised my own stupidity.... norwich have indeed had more draws than brescia. i take back my previous statement hahah... but premier league is still a better and more competitive competition

Vieira is overrated rotten imo..

Hes a very good player, made to look like a superstar at Arsenal. Doesnt play long passes often, usually does the simple thing, not as flashy as most say, and not as talented.

I don't see much Italian soccer, but am well aware of the raps on Pirlo. He must be a deadset gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrea Pirlo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back