Injury Andrew Swallow confirmed ruptured Achilles tendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrap him in cotton wool and hopefully have him firing round 1 2013 if not as bad as first thought. That's all that is important, 2013 is over. Gives others opportunities too.

But if we've got this time machine to take him back before the Collingwood match wouldn't we just take him into the future where they can derupture his Achilles using a medical tricorder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also a positive to note that by all reports Foley has not lost any of his speed and in recent weeks we have started to see that explosiveness come back into his game. So it seems like it is an injury that you can pretty much completely recover from.

That's good. Swallow wouldn't be the same player without his speed.

But if we've got this time machine to take him back before the Collingwood match wouldn't we just take him into the future where they can derupture his Achilles using a medical tricorder?

Ha. Fair point.

Maybe hit the 4 instead of 3 next time Saintly....... :rolleyes:

They were all just wee boys when that shot was taken. No Bull needs to arrange a then and now reshoot.

tumblr_lzrxjhx1b71r1pte4o1_400.jpg

I'm no expert SD but I snapped mine in a simple pivot on the basketball court the day after my first significant mountain bike ride in 10 years (20km at Lysterfield). The Doc explained the clear link between my calf & the rupture, as it was completely fatigued so all the regular motion it normally supports was in essence passed straight down to my Achilles, & snappo. I still get a wave of sickening nausea whenever I see the same happen to others, ala Sharelle McMahon.

Anyway I obviously didn't have the medical support staff Spitta will have but i'd still be shocked if he gets back before mid-season 2014. I don't want him back any earlier than absolutely necessary either as it's one of those injuries which can trick you into thinking you're over it, which I also did, before a minor tear of the repair occurred. Anyway so the only link may have been if Andrew was carrying a niggle in his calf?

Best of luck Spitta, time is on your side mate!

And so it was.

Like it or not & easy to say in hindsight but it seems a rest could well have prevented this.

He said he had problems with the soleus muscle which is a calf muscle.

EDIT: Which is attached to the achilles tendon. :rolleyes:

I had the same injury a few years back, still one of the worst things I've had, and that includes a broken navicular and an ACL.

It's right in the bottom of the calf, where it joins into the achilles tendon, takes months of no-running (basically an off-season) to get rid of, and even then, you can feel it occasionally.

Feels like you are playing with a strained calf/achilles the whole time, zero power off the mark etc.....

Physio's are notoriously shit at diagnosing it too, they always think it's a basic calf, or a knick in your achilles, but it's alot worse...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Andrew Swallow confirmed ruptured Achilles tendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back