Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewatched the first couple of episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion tonight. Haven't seen it in about 10 years.

Highly recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it, really thematically deep. A proper adult's anime. Best in small doses though, ridiculously depressing stuff in parts. Every character is pretty much insane.

Have you seen the two movies already released in Rebuild of Evangelion? Some say it's merely a re-telling with better animation and a happier Anno but as of the second movie there's been a pretty major divergence from the orignal series plot-wise and more realistic character development.

Definitely worth a look for any Eva fans particularly any left unsatisfied by EoE.

Have not seen the Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series but did watch the Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone. Decent movie, am intrigued to watch the other films and the tv series.

Have not seen the Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series but did watch the Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone. Decent movie, am intrigued to watch the other films and the tv series.

1.0 was mostly a direct re-cap of Episodes 1-6 of the original with sexed up FX but with a few subtle departures from the original series that are expanded upon in the next movie. Definitely recommend giving the series a go mate, the writer was battling depression when it was made so it's much darker/psychoanalytical than the reboot.

The TV series starts out pretty normal and then gets really weird really fast. By the time you get to the end of EoE you are pretty much thinking "what the **** was that".

But in a good way.

Tempest I finished Steins;Gate and you were right, it was very good.:thumbsu:

Also I've been reading Bleach and so far it hasn't been the best manga (I find it hard to keep up with all the names of their swords and powers), but I will continue to read it. Prefer One Piece tbh as that manga at least has a goal, which should be reached within the next 10 years:confused:.

Tempest I finished Steins;Gate and you were right, it was very good.:thumbsu:

Also I've been reading Bleach and so far it hasn't been the best manga (I find it hard to keep up with all the names of their swords and powers), but I will continue to read it. Prefer One Piece tbh as that manga at least has a goal, which should be reached within the next 10 years:confused:.

If you want a good manga try Berserk. Will never finish though but has seriously good artwork.

I have no idea how much you've watched so if this post is a bit facepalm-obvious my apologies - I'm just going off what's been mentioned in this thread. Also, I haven't really watched any anime for about 8 years so my knowledge is a bit out of date. But if you haven't delved much into Takahata's and Miyazaki's back catalogues then they are worth investigating. Lupin III is great old-school anime and a lot of their films are worth watching. Grave Of The Fireflies isn't just great anime - it's one of the greatest war movies ever, full stop.

Serial Experiments Lain is for my money up there with Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop as one of the best anime series ever made. Planetes is also great. Gungrave is less complex but totally kick-arse.

I have sort of been meaning for years to watch Death Note, Flag, Black Lagoon and Fullmetal Alchemist, have heard good things about all of them.

You ever watch Kino's Journey?

Recently finished reading the GTO manga - one of the better reads I've had. Very enjoyable.
This season... mainly keeping an eye on JoJo's. Psycho-Pass seems good as well, and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has a bit more spark than your average shoujo. Also enjoying Hunter x Hunter more than I would've expected.

Recently finished reading the GTO manga - one of the better reads I've had. Very enjoyable.
This season... mainly keeping an eye on JoJo's. Psycho-Pass seems good as well, and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has a bit more spark than your average shoujo. Also enjoying Hunter x Hunter more than I would've expected.
As am I despite the old animation style, it's a very good manga. I'll probably check out Beserk after I catch up.

Also does anyone here buy Shonen JUMP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gatchaman, 1972, all 105 episodes. Pretty awesome. Currently comparing it to Battle of the planets, my god, the differences!
Golgo 13, the guy kicks butt, enough said.

Something current: Space Battleship Yamoto 2199, only have 6 of the 10 released 1080 rips so far. Totally awesome, highly recommend it.

Alright I have caught up to the latest Hunter X Hunter chapter and I have to say it is awesome, just a shame that the series has been so stagnant. Also I managed to finish Mirai Nikki, very strange manga with a plot that will have you hooked to the very end.

I've just finished GE: Good Ending - An enjoyable manga dealing with teenage angst and love.
Been serializing for 3 years and finally ended recently.

Currentt moving onto Cage of Eden.

Just finished Suzuka - another great manga.

About 50 eps into Monster. Wow, an amazing anime. My favourite anime i have ever seen is code geass, and Monster is right up there, as good if not better. The characters, story, animation, music, atmosphere is just fantastic and it is a must watch! Also Fate/Zero is a brilliant anime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back