Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes, there was a crossover with Fairy Tail for a special chapter. What makes it so much better? Although at the moment I am watching One Piece - up to episode 45.

Nanatsu actually has a well told story, Fairy Tail just kinda has a bleach story line (in order words shit story).

But if you're watching/reading One Piece stick with that, nothing beats One Piece, at anything

Nanatsu actually has a well told story, Fairy Tail just kinda has a bleach story line (in order words shit story).

But if you're watching/reading One Piece stick with that, nothing beats One Piece, at anything

I see. I like the story in Fairy Tail - at least the manga/official ones. The anime only ones are not up to the same level.

Once I start with a new one, I continue with it unless I don't like it anymore. I like One Piece, although I do prefer Fairy Tail. I think this may be because I prefer magic to pirates. I watch the English dubs, then go to the English subs, and then go to the manga. There are a lot of episodes which is good.

Fairy Tail ripped off One Piece, wasn't the author a former assistant to Oda (who wrote One Piece)?

Apparently a bit of barbs and shots at each other two years ago from Oda towards Fairy Tail

But Fairy Tail isn't even in the same ballpark as One Piece, One Piece is just the best

I don't know about those things.

From what I have seen, so far Fairy Tail is better.

Fairy Tail ripped off One Piece, wasn't the author a former assistant to Oda (who wrote One Piece)?

Apparently a bit of barbs and shots at each other two years ago from Oda towards Fairy Tail

But Fairy Tail isn't even in the same ballpark as One Piece, One Piece is just the best
I can't see many similarities between the two, apart from the comradery vibe which are 2 elements I love in both shows.

I can't see many similarities between the two, apart from the comradery vibe which are 2 elements I love in both shows.

There's that, and Natsu's just a poor rip off of Luffy

But other than that there's no comparison really, one's a repetitive boring manga and another is probably the best ever

That's because One Piece starts off slow and you're only 45 episodes in. It starts getting really good in Alabasta around the 90th episode.
It does start off slow because he's still putting the starting crew together, but boy oh boy does it get better after that.

But were the episodes always so slow? I feel like the last 2 arcs have been dragging on at a snails pace but we're only like 70% through the whole story.

Pick up the pace!

There's that, and Natsu's just a poor rip off of Luffy

You missed the best one:

2k5nDpE.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But were the episodes always so slow? I feel like the last 2 arcs have been dragging on at a snails pace but we're only like 70% through the whole story.

Pick up the pace!

It's always been slow because Toei (the studio that animates One Piece and previously DBZ) only cover 1 chapter per episode, unlike say Naruto or Bleach which covers 2-3 chapters. This way One Piece doesn't require filler arcs as there's no danger of catching up to the manga, while anime like Naruto have plenty of filler.

Dragon Ball Z had the same pacing problem which is why they've redone it with faster pacing (Dragon Ball Kai). Personally I'd rather have fast pacing at the expense of frequent 20-30 episodes of filler, at least you can skip those.

That's because One Piece starts off slow and you're only 45 episodes in. It starts getting really good in Alabasta around the 90th episode.

I have felt the slow start at times. I felt that a bit too with Fairy Tail.

You missed the best one:

2k5nDpE.jpg

I thought of that comparison too when I saw episode one.

I will get to that Alabasta arc eventually. I'm watching episode 46 at the moment, so eventually.

I suppose Shonen Jump just needs to keep trying new ideas, or similar ones which work.

Nothing beats One Piece starting from the Alabasta arc

Took a looong while to set the story up but once it did it flew

Shonen Jump's finding it hard to find the next great battle manga nowadays, outside of One Piece there's nothing. All the great ones atm are at other magazines
Such as?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back