FTA-TV Anthony Hudson

Remove this Banner Ad

Huddo is the best AFL commentator. Great knowledge, no bias, keeps up with the play. His tone matches the context of the game - he is calm when he needs to be, and excited when there is a key passage of play. He speaks well, doesn't drag out his words and doesn't have any other annoying habits.

I saw the Bulldogs vs WCE match and the difference between Huddo and Tim Lane was stark. Lane was totally underwhelming in the final minutes, particularly his call of Dean Cox's mark in the forward line.

Huddo is the best AFL commentator. Great knowledge, no bias, keeps up with the play. His tone matches the context of the game - he is calm when he needs to be, and excited when there is a key passage of play. He speaks well, doesn't drag out his words and doesn't have any other annoying habits.

I saw the Bulldogs vs WCE match and the difference between Huddo and Tim Lane was stark. Lane was totally underwhelming in the final minutes, particularly his call of Dean Cox's mark in the forward line.

This is why I appreciate Huddo. His commentary is straight-forward and aligns well with both my own experience of watching the game and what I expect to hear from a commentator. Big fan.

+1 for Huddo.

He has also perfected the skill of subtly taking the p*ss out of Walls and Blight when they either a) start to fly off the handle when their team is losing and/or b) make dated and incorrect statements about what is happening on the field.

Think he does a good job, considering the other dildos in the commentary box with him. I love it when Howie cracks a joke about him, Huddo hates it!

We've all got annoying habits, but to say he hasn't is rubbish. He yells ALL THE TIME. Does he realise he has a microphone ?

Apart from that he is pretty good but he just strikes me as someone who is trying too hard to come up with quotes that will be remembered in folklore. That whole "I see it but I don't believe it" and "it's a draw, it's another draw" reeks to me of tryhard. Footyhead nailed it when he said that he seems a bit manufactured. I get that impression.

met him this afternoon and spoke briefly to him. told him i thought he was a good commentator and enjoyed watching his show the game plan. he couldn't give a shit and basically just said yeah whatever mate.

Thought Lane w fairly annoying in that call :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has always been good and was the best caller on 10, so glad Fox signed him. Was also pleased like you guys that he puts his Geelong loyalty aside when calling games.

Has always been good and was the best caller on 10, so glad Fox signed him. Was also pleased like you guys that he puts his Geelong loyalty aside when calling games.

I shall always remember his call of the 2008 Grand Final. His team was going down, but you'd never have guessed it, and all he did was lavish praise on the winners. A true professional. As I said before, pity there's so few of them.

I never used to rate Hudson particularly highly.

but in the background of hammers and dwaynes ineptitude and Bruce and bt's insistence on making spectacles of themselves, huddo just looks a quality professional.

I think people will have mixed feelings on Eddie, but huddo and Eddie is a good team to listen to. (listening to Eddie describe dwayne as on of the best callers in the game 2 weeks earlier was not a highlight...)

I rate him, he knows when to lift the tempo of his commentary and contributes to the strategic discussions unlike BT who fakes everything he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Anthony Hudson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back