Any rational thoughts on what the Pies did today?

Remove this Banner Ad

pieman1

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2004
Other Teams
collingwood
Can anyone explain to me why we dropped three spots in the draft order. The last time we traded down was a bit of a disaster. Will Adelaide take Monfries at pick 8 or does the club rate Eckermann more? Do we have a quality uncontracted player on the hook. Will the Chad be Mick's new lovechild. An explanation for all of the above please, because what we did seems strange.

depends on 2 things

if we can get monfries with pick 10

and if the rumour about nixon is true

i heard ealier in the week we may move him because he might not ever play again due to his kindeys

I think adelaide will be after a ruckman more then a midfeidler so hopefully we will be able to snag monfries at 10, if so good deal

Pick Ten's as good as Seven (almost)
Nixon is not much chop.

We basically got Morrison for free.

u recon?

seeing as they have like 2 key possie players on there entire list im pretty sure they'd wanna stock up on them

I don't think Monfries gets past Adelaide, if the Maggies were that keen on him I doubt you would have traded 7.

Pretty sure the Hawks will be looking for some big blokes. I'm hoping that by offering Pick 7 to the Hawks there was a bit of a handshake thing happening in reards to who we both take in the draft.

adelaide almost for sure are going to go for a ruckman especially after they got walsh who is a midfielder. the talk has been they will try and go for meesen or wood. hawthorn will look for a tall probably because they will only get one tall max out of their first two picks (2 and 5). i think collingwood is confident that monfries will pass through to 10, otherwise they wouldnt have the done the deal. i have seen monfries play a few times for sturt and i would come out of this off-season happy if we have him in the side, looks to have a fair deal of potential.

Malthouse said on 9 news that they think player they are after will still be available at pick 10 so the trade works as a swap of nixion for morrison.

I think collingwood should be pleased, chad can be good for us and im glad we didnt trade players that were rumoured to be traded eg presti and mcg. presti is a key defender for us and mcg with a couple more seasons under his belt will noly improve.

I think there are some people on here way to sceptical. I mean collingwood has had a shocking run of injuries this past year and anyone with that many and a young list cannot expect to gain any consistency. With a good pre-season behind many of the young kids and an injury free start to the season i think we can be a top four contender.

Im not too sure about why we gave up pick 7 for pick 10 and nixon....although we ended up getting morrison which is good....im thinking he will slot onto a back flank nicely

i thought mcgough asked to be traded? change of heart on his behalf....or no trade could be manufactured? glad he is staying though

Remove this Banner Ad

Any rational thoughts on what the Pies did today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back