Anyone else boycotting the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Living in Geelong has been hell the last few years. The town has become so arrogant and everyone from out of town i meet says "oh you're from Geelong how about those cats" apparantly you live there you go for them. Sick to death of it. The Geelong Advertiser is just unbelieveable. I'll be going for the pies. If the pies win i might even borrow a mates scarf and hit up town to shit the supporters
Amen brother. It's ****en unbearable down here.

Amen brother. It's ****en unbearable down here.

Thank god I moved to the other side of the country. It was torture living in Geelong.

Started off well Tugg. Not happy about the defence there though and tin ass conversion. :(

I bet your shattered the Storm didn't get up tonight big fella, don't worry our Tiges will be bouncing around soon enough :D
Gutted. Played like shit though and Warriors deserved to win.
Still pissed off though.

Hey guys I leave for overseas on GF day,any chance that ill be able to watch it on the plane (Flying V Australia) ive only ever flown once a few yrs ago and they had some pay-tv channels so im hoping i might get lucky

Sorry to bring bad news but there is no chance whatsoever on the flight.

Never really one for watching GF's....most of them have been built up and having been terrible games.

Grand Final day is the best day of the ski season (conditions permitting of course), no-body goes up to the snow. Have the whole slopes to yourself. That's what I used to do.

Spending GF this year, going to the big city and buying a car.

I don't care who is playing the GF. It's the best day of the year for me. I love watching a game of footy and friends or family usually throw some BBQ where I have a few drinks. I normally don't drink that much, but GF day and New Years eve are usually the only times of the year where I give myself permission to go a little overboard.

Never miss a Granny. LIke everyone I hate our lack of success but its still good to watch great games of footy. Bloody hell Friday nights was a magic game of AFL. Better still the Hawks got done so that will shut up all the local bandwagonners and most of Launceston. They can gloat about winning the local comp. Still remember the days we we were always there or thereabouts and we will get back to it. The Cats forget they hadnt won one since 63 until 2007 either. Grand Final day will always be that for me...shits me no Under 19s at 9am then Ressies like the old days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I hardly post, I wont be boycotting the game. Stupid me went and purchased a MCC ticket for the day. I will be hoping the Cats win more to do with hating the Pies than wanting the Cats to win. If its known early that the Pies look set for a premiership I will be going home early. Dont want to see them win the grand final and see there bogan fans behaving there usual way!! I just think to myself I would love to see our boys in that position!!

Gutted. Played like shit though and Warriors deserved to win.
Still pissed off though.

I went to the Storm game and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Really thought the Storm would light up the place in the 2nd half but Warriors put the defensive lock hold on them and were unlucky not to score a few more themselves.

Bloody freezing my **** off though.

Needed a Bundy to warm myself up.

Warriors fans were in full voice.

Really gutted for Bellamy and the die hard fans.

Must say that stadium is brilliant with a near full house.

Went to ausgrind after that at The Pony and 2 NZ bands were in the lineup.

I had my old Storm t on from the Marcus Bai days lol.

Singer yelled out how the Warriors beat the weak Melbourne Storm.

Left the place.:D

They were the last band anyway.

how can you not watch the GF? fair enough not watching regular season games but finals and in particular the grand final are a must, how can you call yourself a proper football fan?

I agree with Madison. Best day of football for the year, the build up and everything is so awesome. Will be even better when the Tiges make it though :thumbsu:

Should be a cracker.

The best 2 teams all year playing.

Pies a bit rusty and the Cats in purr mode.

Will be a very interesting game.

At this stage,I have Geelong as favourites but the way Collingwood pulled Friday nights win from outta nowhere,makes me believe this game could be decided by less than a goal.

Let's hope it's not over at half time.

I love a close GF whatever the teams except Richmond.

Nothing beats 100k going apedroppings with 30 min to play.

Boycott it? Grand Final day is the best day of the year!!

with the Tigers absent, im not sure Id agree with that, I might add before i became the devoted family man, it was quite the social occasion...still remember the day idy pulled the fuses from the box just as the hawks got on the dais for the presentation back in '89:p...was on for young and old with the power out....aghhh, they were the days

with the Tigers absent, im not sure Id agree with that, I might add before i became the devoted family man, it was quite the social occasion...still remember the day idy pulled the fuses from the box just as the hawks got on the dais for the presentation back in '89:p...was on for young and old with the power out....aghhh, they were the days

When the Tigers make it, it will just be better. Easily the best day of the year still. Actually shocks me that others don't see it the same way. Especially pissing off to see another shit code!!!

Here's a little something I found after we won in 2007.

The people who tended to 'boycott' the GF because we weren't playing, found the experience of playing in and winning one anti climactic.

Quite a few of them stopped posting on the boards afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else boycotting the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back