Kickett Punches Read

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2008
dullsville
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Mandurah Football Club
was wondering if anyone else is as happy with griffin as i am, he was clearly brought in as a backup to sandi, however since he has arrived at the club he has trained well, dominated at wafl level, and when given his opportunity to play has more than held his own as our number 1 ruck.

very good astute pickup imo, another win for the recruiters:thumbsu:

I'm happy to see Griff doing solidly for you guys, I think a large reason as to why his form suffered for us was the home factor, especially with his sick father. Hope he can find a permanent spot in the 22 when Sandi comes back.

He's been very good. It was always going to take a few games to learn to playy with him, looks like it's only taken a game. Zac seems to have contributed today too.

He's a really smooth mover for such a big guy.

It's a shame he's up against Sandi or it could have been one of those Sydney-eque recruiting stories of a back up ruckman suddenly blossoming into a gun first ruck when given the responsibility.

Why the f**k did Harves start Kep in the ruck for the first 5 minutes of the last? Hawthorn absolutely slaughtered us in there and by the time Griff was moved back in the damage was done.

Stupid coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the f**k did Harves start Kep in the ruck for the first 5 minutes of the last? Hawthorn absolutely slaughtered us in there and by the time Griff was moved back in the damage was done.

Stupid coaching.
And why did we play with 2, sometimes 3 ruckmen in the middle at the one time? And why did we sub off Clancee? And why did we not use our sub until 5 mins into the final quarter? Looked like Harvey prepared well for Hawthorn's game style, but the match-day decisions were ordinary. Not to take anything away from the sheer awfulness of the players' decision-making.

I was wondering why he even put Kepler in the ruck at all during the game with the other 2 in the side.

actually i think both griffin and bradley were pantsed in the last quarter by bailey. he had clark running around doing what? should have thrown him into ruck much earlier than last minute of game.

Because Harvey fancy's Clarke as a midfielder:eek:
Sort of move Melbourne circa 2008 might have tried. One of the commentators suggested we were trying to have one of the ruckmen go forward immediately after the bounce to stretch the Hawks defence. Problem with that is it weakens our already depleted engine room.

Keps got a run in the ruck because he hadn't really gotten into the game at all. I think if that's the case Griff should have stayed rucking and Keps should have just gone to a wing instead, bad coaching IMO.

Griff has been a star, brainfade aside.

119DT points too :eek: Averaging over 100pts per game now.

For the record, I too am stoked by today's efforts (and last week's too) from Griff. Clarke was also, very good I thought.

Stupid coaching.

Indeed. Griff or Clarke in the ruck for that period, and Palmer in as a midfielder, and we might have had a chance. As it was, Keps was just smashed at every center bounce and tap, and our mids were just soo knackered they couldn't go with the Hawkers. Can't work out why Harvs left the sub so late, or why he had BOTH of Zac and Griff off at the same time in the last quarter. Anyway, we all know the result of those decisions.

was wondering if anyone else is as happy with griffin as i am, he was clearly brought in as a backup to sandi, however since he has arrived at the club he has trained well, dominated at wafl level, and when given his opportunity to play has more than held his own as our number 1 ruck.

very good astute pickup imo, another win for the recruiters:thumbsu:

Very good points. I wasn't sure about Griff, but he's proven he is willing to knuckle down, work hard and show his ability when given the chance. If we can just get JA and Faulks to lift to the same level we will have done very well in last year's off-season.

I'm happy to see Griff doing solidly for you guys, I think a large reason as to why his form suffered for us was the home factor, especially with his sick father. Hope he can find a permanent spot in the 22 when Sandi comes back.

Thanks!! Hopefully he is able to settle down and play for a few more years with us...

he has been in our best in both games he's played

I didn't realise he played for Norfs?

And why did we play with 2, sometimes 3 ruckmen in the middle at the one time? And why did we sub off Clancee? And why did we not use our sub until 5 mins into the final quarter? Looked like Harvey prepared well for Hawthorn's game style, but the match-day decisions were ordinary. Not to take anything away from the sheer awfulness of the players' decision-making.

well put, Griffs had a key howler, as did Ballas (times two) and even Pav, but still, considering Sandi was out, both Griff and Zac played really well for us today on the whole I thought.

We found out today we finally have ruck depth.We would've smashed hawthorn(even if the hawks had buddy and co) today had we had barlow,suban,morabito,silvagni,hayden & mcphee and yes with sandi out.as has been posted ,strange coaching to put kep in the ruck when we had two genuine rucks playing.if keps was struggling to get into the game, why didn't harvs change pav with keps, as loose man in defense? worth a shot i reckon.

Yea, that awful awful kick was, well, just awful, but that aside I was very impressed with him. I always thought he was a great pickup for us because I reckon he could be good enough not only replace Sandi when he goes down like he is now, but good enough to even give the guy a rest when we need to (which we should).

He moves quite well too for a big man and is good quick thinker in the tight stuff. I said it somewhere else, one of his issues at Adelaide was his lack of consistency - if he can keep up that sort of form though, I reckon we've done really well out of him.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D

Would like to see both sandi and griffin in the team at the same time too. Rest one up forward and one down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else stoked with griffin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back