Official Club Stuff Q&A With Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, Lachie.

Who working behind the scenes at the club do you feel deserves more praise (or any if they don't receive any) from the fan base? For example, as a soccer fan, players are always quick to give praise to the kit men when asked who does a lot for them behind the scenes that goes largely unacknowledged.

Lachie, I know that there are a large number of behind the scenes staff who look after you. What (not necessarily who) do you find most beneficial?

Do players ever talk in the locker rooms or behind closed doors about their desires and wishes to be traded to another club or mates who play at other clubs wanting to come to
Freo?

Similar to this, can Lachie tell us how close he actually was to signing for Hawthorn the other year?

Who would you prefer to run out against in a tacking drill: 5 Switta sized Sean Darcys or 1 Sean Darcy sized Switta?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine that you have a Good Lachie sitting on one of your shoulders and a Bad Lachie sitting on the other one, and they're both telling you what you should eat before a game. What are they both saying?

Lachie, what is your go-to option when ducking into the bakery for a cheeky snack after training at Freo Oval on a Wednesday? There is a groundswell of support on this board for the vanilla slice - but I'm a big fan of the custard tart myself.
You would...

I could have gone with "does pineapple belong on pizza?", but I didn't want to divide the supporter base.

How would it divide the supporter base. The answer is obviously yes.

Lachie's Answers
As a resident of central Victoria, I can see how ingrained country footy is to the community. What was your experience coming through the junior grades in Moama and Bendigo?

Hey Bob - Playing country footy was a pivotal experience in my lifetime. Especially in my footy career because of how much the community supported me and pushed me to be my best. As you’d know being from central Victoria yourself, it’s a footy rich area. There’s plenty of talent in that area which allowed me to really challenge myself and push myself to see how far I could go.

Williamstown & Fremantle as places seem to have a few similarities. How do they compare?

I’ve always said coming over to Freo, that it is a very similar place to Williamstown and country Victoria itself. Although they’re both different places, I feel they’re both destination towns and have a big community spirit.

Lachie, you'd be pretty well known as someone who gives maximum effort every minute of every game, this must be as exhausting mentally as it is physically. How do you keep yourself running at 110% every minute you're on the footy field
For me it’s about preparation and being in a mental state going into a game knowing what’s required of me, what’s required of my role and being able to execute that on the day. I feel I’m a very passionate person so that allows me to execute my role as much as I possibly can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Q&A With Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back