Anyone else?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, I don't feel 'that' bad - I think the 2013 EF was by far a more crushing experience.

Yes it sucks we lost but its not the end of the world. Our club is in a very healthy position. The ball is now with Blair and Dan to be very aggressive this trade period. We need to find another gear and with (presumably) a fair bit of cap space to play with, hopefully they'll attack it and find a few more pieces to help take us a bit further next year.
100% agree, although I do still feel pretty empty. I think I was prepared for a loss going into the game as North always beat us, however when we're up by 21 points my expectations did change.

Spot on about attacking the trade period hard. My only concern is the loss will make it harder to attract some players.

yeah the darksiders are running amok. You tend to get that when the brightsiders are sucking their thumbs working out what they can post about how only 2 players got more than 20 possies in a do or die final .
Nice little first world problem... Begone Darksider.

Emperor_RotJ.png

100% agree, although I do still feel pretty empty. I think I was prepared for a loss going into the game as North always beat us, however when we're up by 21 points my expectations did change.

Spot on about attacking the trade period hard. My only concern is the loss will make it harder to attract some players.

This is my main concern too Infamy - I was hoping we could get a win a final to show prospective players we aren't far off a proper tilt but will make it a bit harder to sell with 3 straight elimination final losses now.

Maybe we'll need to offer a bit more financial incentive to get players in but with 70k members, a club in footy's heartland, good facilities and a youngish list we surely won't be the ugliest club at the dance!

I live in Nth QLD where everyone thinks Richmond is a small desert town full of dinosaur fossils.

It's funny cos it's true.

Norf Qweenzland lurvs it's Rugby Leeg brah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't posted at all since yesterday, just been cleaning up threads from opposition supporters. Most wouldn't have seen even half of what was posted.

Just sad and disappointed, partly because football of over again for another year. You spend 6 months invested in something and then for 17 teams there's nothing to show for it, but that's football and there are much worse things in life than seeing your team bow out. Doesn't make it any easier of course.

Honestly I just hope that we don't stoop to the same level as other teams. We can call them arrogant and obnoxious now because of what their actions have been but if we turn around and do the same thing then we're no better than them. BigFooty has become very toxic lately, I really don't want us to be a part of that.
There is a lot of threads bagging cotchin

yeah the darksiders are running amok. You tend to get that when the brightsiders are sucking their thumbs working out what they can post about how only 2 players got more than 20 possies in a do or die final .

Been obvious for a while that we're not that great. Obvious to anyone who can bring themselves to see it, anyway.

We don't have the internet here, so I can't post.

Great to catch up with some BigFooty legends yesterday in and around the G.

Haere Ra
A Richmond elimination final feels bigger than any grand final ...until we make it.
Tiger army out in force again 90k.
No other club could do that considering we lost the last two years finals.
No wonder the bay heaves a humungous sigh of relief when we lose.
Trouble is we're not going away.
75k members next year!!!!!

Because the club has had so much success under those in charge!?!
Been obvious for a while that we're not that great. Obvious to anyone who can bring themselves to see it, anyway.
This thread is for rainbows and stuff.... There's enough threads out there for Darksiding. :rainbow:

All internet posting is the equivalent of standing up in the pub and shouting 'Listen to Me! I have something clever to say!'.

When it happens face-to-face (like at work) it's a bit of a laugh and no one really cares.

Don't think posting on an internet forum is equivalent to normal human interaction. I try not to actually insult opposition supporters or deliberately belittle teams - but sometimes I read back my posts and think 'Would I say that to my mate's face?'.

I posted a 'You guys were too good' on the North banter thread - haven't seen a reply. People take supporting a football team far too seriously - they feel they have an honorable duty to defend it. Now, as I said, in a social situation, this is the usual fun and games. We've all done it, we've all been on both sides. When you're on your own in a dark room staring at a screen - why is it that important that you take it so seriously?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back