Anyone jumped off Scott Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
never got to watch the game but am hardly surprised we started lucas back in a pocket considering its his first game in 12 months after injury. i expect him to regain the chf role and doubt gumby,neagle or daniher will be a threat to his tog in the season proper.

never got to watch the game but am hardly surprised we started lucas back in a pocket considering its his first game in 12 months after injury. i expect him to regain the chf role and doubt gumby,neagle or daniher will be a threat to his tog in the season proper.

:confused:

thats interesting. i wouldnt think the dons would play 3-4 KPP talls consistently in the forwardline.

thats interesting. i wouldnt think the dons would play 3-4 KPP talls consistently in the forwardline.

providing everyones fit i see us playing lloyd at ff lucas at chf and either neagle or gumby in a pocket or on a flank which is 3 each week. this will leave room for davey, monfries and reimers as our smalls.

...Except it wasn't his first game for 12 months, was it...

Played 6 reasonably solid games from Rd. 11-16, before pulling the pin in 17. (And in one of those 2 games of 80+ he had something silly like 8 tackles IIRC)

It's frustrating leaving him out, if only because of his price! (Tough to find too many others around that mark who will av. 80+)...

...but yeah, think I'll err on the side of caution. **

(** Likely to change 12 times in the next 3 weeks aswell! :p )

I created a thread about 6 months ago about 2009 pre-season discussions and was completely new to SC at the time.

But I at least was stimulating discussions by asking questions and explaining my viewpoint rather than just asking for advice like the majority of BF does. BTW if I was so much of a sheep have a look and see if you can find me posting my team or asking for advice about certain players. The majority of peoples advice on here is garbage just have look at roosaints opinion on Skipworth/Higgins/Riewoldt/Houlihan all of whom he probably has anyway and are viable options.

The yellowcard was due to me giving a spray to the notorious DWD/RT on the DT board for a poor form comment on the coaches box:

So don't bring up the whole card thing until you know the whole story, it really doesn't both me and I won't be particularly fussed if I get carded again, because everyone knows the whole card system is flawed.

Does anyone have a tissue for this twat

Still far too early to call on Lucas yet, his role is still unknown. Neagle can only play FF so he'll be there or in a pocket. It seems Lloyd will continue in his up the ground role where he was successful last year, I think Lucas will start the season at FF/Pocket until he works up some fitness but who knows from then on?

...Except it wasn't his first game for 12 months, was it...

Played 6 reasonably solid games from Rd. 11-16, before pulling the pin in 17. (And in one of those 2 games of 80+ he had something silly like 8 tackles IIRC)

It's frustrating leaving him out, if only because of his price! (Tough to find too many others around that mark who will av. 80+)...

...but yeah, think I'll err on the side of caution. **

(** Likely to change 12 times in the next 3 weeks aswell! :p )

yes he did sorry i forgot he returned just remember the injury happening in round 1

Whatever at least I put some substance behind my reasoning behind Kerr.

I think you are in fact the real goose because your comments were just derogatory (proven nothing, delisted and dud) and lacked any substance at all. Whereas I at least when to some degree of effort to explain my reasonings behind Kerr's possible 2009.
You're humourous.

What have Skipworth, Houlihan or JACK Riewoldt proven as AFL footballers? As a Hawthorn fan, how many would get a game in your full strength side? We both know the answer is 0. They could make you some cash but they won't be keepers and Lucas may be.

Scott Lucas and Daniel Kerr have proven themselves as elite level footballers. That's the substance of my reasoning. Whether you take them or not, we know that they are good. The others have never shown that.

I think you are the joke, just because some of them havn't proven as much as Kerr and Lucas doesn't mean they are duds, nothing and should be delisted.

I easily think Houlihan and Riewoldt would be able to get matches in Hawthorns best 22 FYI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are the joke, just because some of them havn't proven as much as Kerr and Lucas doesn't mean they are duds, nothing and should be delisted.

I easily think Houlihan and Riewoldt would be able to get matches in Hawthorns best 22 FYI.

That's because you're an idiot. Who would they knock out of our premiership 22 (including Tuck as a replacement for Crawf)?

Roosaints is on the money. Some of them could be ok cash makers but they are not proven league players like Lucas.

In the spirit of the above statement..

Q: what do you call a fish without an eye?
A: a fsh.

:D :D

:eek:

Is that like some kind of riddle of something? Because you've lost me.

Doesn't seem to take much to lose you...

But back to the topic. Why not take lucas? I cant see him going down from 330k, so worst case really he keeps his value (or gets injured in which case u lose a trade, but this could happen with any player). However he also has the ability to average 90+ which means round 7/8 you can just about straight swap him to a gun (mayb even nick reiwoldt if he has a slow start to the season).

If he doesnt increase much your gonna have to use one of your cash cows off the bench to make a trade. But by round 7/8 ballantyne should be ready to tear it up for the dockers so your gonna want to cash in walker or gumby anyway cos ballantyne will be a jet. So you use the cash to upgrade lucas to a gun.

Obviously this is all my opinion (except the first bit, cos the guy is an obvious tool) but i personally will be having lucas in my team cos there is just far too much upside.

Obviously this is all my opinion (except the first bit, cos the guy is an obvious tool) but i personally will be having lucas in my team cos there is just far too much upside.

I am a long time Lucas fan, but there just isnt a whole lot of upside coming this season. Your statement about trading str8 for Riewoldt is just ludicrous. Scott Lucas is an excellent player but he will not be a SC gun this year.

Hopefully you and Mark Williams keep him in your teams so we can trounce you each week.

I am a long time Lucas fan, but there just isnt a whole lot of upside coming this season. Your statement about trading str8 for Riewoldt is just ludicrous. Scott Lucas is an excellent player but he will not be a SC gun this year.

Hopefully you and Mark Williams keep him in your teams so we can trounce you each week.

i bought riewoldt @ 450k last year just before his injury and from memory he dropped further. i dont think its ludicrous to think lucas can rise 120k

Doesn't seem to take much to lose you...

But back to the topic. Why not take lucas? I cant see him going down from 330k, so worst case really he keeps his value (or gets injured in which case u lose a trade, but this could happen with any player). However he also has the ability to average 90+ which means round 7/8 you can just about straight swap him to a gun (mayb even nick reiwoldt if he has a slow start to the season).

If he doesnt increase much your gonna have to use one of your cash cows off the bench to make a trade. But by round 7/8 ballantyne should be ready to tear it up for the dockers so your gonna want to cash in walker or gumby anyway cos ballantyne will be a jet. So you use the cash to upgrade lucas to a gun.

If Lucas doesn't rise in value then (I don't know what his BE is so i'll guess) he'll be bringing in about 60pts per game.

Someone like Ziebell would probably bring in 60pts per game, with less initial cash investment and make you more cash.

For Lucas to be viable he has to rise in value and score more, in my opinion much more, than his current price suggests.

FWIW i think he'll rise to about 400k-450k.. 450k being the maximum for mine.. but i'm not sure if that works in with my game plan.

There is no doubt Lucas is a gun player on his day and has the potential to replicate Bradshaw's fine work last year. If he is fit (& I am assuming he will be - big assumption I know!) its really just a consideration of how he fits into the new look Bomber side.

I have this feeling he is going to play deep with Lloyd up the field more with Gumby. If I am to pick Lucas I need to see him being able to roam upfield across half forward. Hopefully tonights game will show the plan for him. Playing from the square he will kick a few goals, but not score huge or consistently. I agree he can't really go down in price much more but reserving my opinion on how much he will go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back