Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
... have a go at that reporter in the press conference when he asked about the lack of tall forwards leading into finals? Ok he didn't rip the roof off but the question clearly annoyed him.

I don't really know what my point is, but I thought it was interesting :thumbsu:

I think Rocket is getting annoyed with the media nobodys who don't have a clue about our game plan, let alone our club, constantly asking this really dumb question.
I'm sure he's aware that we could do with a tall marking forward option, but getting sick of being reminded everytime a journo talks to him.

Cheers

FF

... have a go at that reporter in the press conference when he asked about the lack of tall forwards leading into finals? Ok he didn't rip the roof off but the question clearly annoyed him.

I don't really know what my point is, but I thought it was interesting :thumbsu:

That's alright, Mingo. We didn't choke, so we're all a bit stunned. Even ctrain is taking his sweet time recovering enough to write his usual weekly manifesto of positive thinking :)

Firefly rocks, btw. Definate point in that. :thumbsu:

Agreed he was annoyed and rightly so. The ignorance of journos astounds me - Murphy and Hill tower above any AFL defender.

I also think Eades comments on Tommy busted foot and x-rays were made straight after he was asked the question about lack of a tall forward so dont know how much one can read into his reponse about Tommy as he seemed agitated after the question

Depending upon who is asking the question or what mood Rocket is in, he will sometimes give a terse answer when asked about tall forwards. I guess he

a)gets sick of being asked it

and

b)is frustrated because he feels he can't do much about it.

I don't care how is he like to reporters, but hopefully he is extremely frustrated at not having tall forwards like we all are, and puts action into place next year to make it happen. Taking action is the best way to avoid frustration.

I don't know about Eade but I am sick and tired of listening to commentors talking about our lack of a tall forward and how we can't win finals without one etc etc.

We have kicked more goals than any other team in the past 5 seasons combined, so we have learnt to live without a tall forward. We have a plan going into the forward line, and we generalllay stick to it, and when we don't we lose. Against the Saints we matched them for our forward 50 entry and against WestCoast, we had 62, but we bombed the ball in both those games instead of hitting a target.

I also am sick of lazy reporters asking over and over if Eade wishes he had a tall forward. Wishing won't make it happen - duh - and we have to adjust accordingly, as he finds himself having to explain ad infinitum. Why is this so hard for them to understand? It's no wonder he gets cranky. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't want to be the next journo that pipes up with, "would you like to have a tall, key forward...." Seriously, he's been hearing it weekly for 5 years!

I wouldn't want to be the next journo that pipes up with, "would you like to have a tall, key forward...." Seriously, he's been hearing it weekly for 5 years!

And we still don't have one.

I can't see the point of reporters asking the question because it is stating the obvious. But the best way that Eade can stop the reporters asking it is to actually get a functioning forward structure like other top sides have been able to. All of us supporters are frustrated about it, so the reporters questions are probably reflective of what we all feel.

Pretty embarrassing for the reporter. Lazy hack.

I'd like to know why we have a midget forward line and how Rocket expects to win big finals with only a handful of marks inside 50 each match!

The journo's will keep asking these questions because it is a legitimate point - being a smart-arse and petulant to the reporters helps the Bulldogs not one damn bit and I wish Eade would act more professionally.

I'd like to know why we have a midget forward line and how Rocket expects to win big finals with only a handful of marks inside 50 each match!

The journo's will keep asking these questions because it is a legitimate point - being a smart-arse and petulant to the reporters helps the Bulldogs not one damn bit and I wish Eade would act more professionally.

I'm pretty sure anybody who was professional enough, or even had a remote interest in the WB or AFL would know we want a KPP to fill the gap up forward, that we don't have one on the list that is capable of stepping up just yet and that we will do what we can to draft one if they are available at the end of the year (without paying over the odds). A professional journo, or fan of the Bulldogs should know that Eade will not play somebody just because they are tall, he has stated it so many times now it isn't funny.

Now, do you want Eade to come out and tell people exactly how he plans to win big games with the forwards we have at our disposal? It's pretty obvious he likes talented medium sized players over big KPF's and small forwards with limited ability, so anybody with any sort of clue about the game should be able to work out how we need to play to be successful. Whether or not the players will execute his game plan remains to be seen.

I'm pretty sure anybody who was professional enough, or even had a remote interest in the WB or AFL would know we want a KPP to fill the gap up forward, that we don't have one on the list that is capable of stepping up just yet and that we will do what we can to draft one if they are available at the end of the year (without paying over the odds). A professional journo, or fan of the Bulldogs should know that Eade will not play somebody just because they are tall, he has stated it so many times now it isn't funny.

Now, do you want Eade to come out and tell people exactly how he plans to win big games with the forwards we have at our disposal? It's pretty obvious he likes talented medium sized players over big KPF's and small forwards with limited ability, so anybody with any sort of clue about the game should be able to work out how we need to play to be successful. Whether or not the players will execute his game plan remains to be seen.

1. Eade simply must expect continued criticism and questioning of the midget forwardline. You may not like it and Eade certainly does not like it, but we have to live in the real world. The journo's may not be the best informed, nor are they all geniuses, but Eade has been a smart-arse to journo's in the last two press conferences at least - explain to me how that is a good thing for the club.

2. Why would I expect that Eade would divulge his finals plans? Eade has a rationale for the midget forward line and he has to keep his temper and face the music - keep trotting out the same old lines if that's what it takes. Spitting the dummy and alienating the press is not what we need as a club and Rocket has not yet earned the right to be an arrogant pr*ck - when he wins us a flag I'll be happy for him to stick it up the journo's all he likes. Until then, humble, patient and professional is what he should be.

I imagine it gets annoying to be axed the same question 50,000 times a year.

His job is to coach, not take press conferences, they are a necessary evil. He'll have calmed down by Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see Eade...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back