Anyone worried, not sure what to think

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2006
on a thing called earth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interested in thoughts. I’m not sure what to think this year. A week ago I was ready just to roll up to the G and watch the pies play the saints or Roos and was pretty confident of winning or at least being around familiar supporters. Now im off to a ground full of Crows supporters, have to fly to get there and not sure what the pies will bring with them. Mate if we lose I have to stay over night get back on a plane and get home which sounds bloody depressing. If we win I have to sneak out of the ground not sounding too happy or I will probably get smacked from behind and get back to my hotel room and scream and jump up and down. We have been up and down all year so I just don’t know what we will do. I am so much more confident playing the other lot after this weekend if we win but incredibly nervous about this match with the crows. Last night I dreamed we won by a point which was great cause the night before I dreamed we lost by 10 goals

I am hoping for a win but it depends of who we drop and who is fit to come it. I think we miss Dale, his pace and ball carry. We really need Burns also his experience and desire is second to none in this team.

No reason not to be confident, but it'll be a tough game. Thomas should play and if Burns gets up as well I will be very confident heading into the game as we are very good at AAMI.

We'll just have to wait and see.

It's been a bizzare season allright, one more win and we'd be top 4, one more loss and we wouldn't be playing finals. Who knows what to think?

as burns said..(not verbatim) we thumped st.kilda.. ended finishing top 4..
we samashed sydney... gave brisbane a hiding...
beat port.. they killed the roos the following week...
lost to to freo. they wanted it more and we looked ike we we already getting ready for week one of the finals..

very hard to judge were we are at.. but sir scott looked fairly confident at the finals press conference..

i really hope we win but logic tells me we will lose by 10-15 points in a scrappy slog of a match,
What we have in our favour is that we havbe a few forwrds who can kick goals ,Adelaide don't but they share the goal kicking around.
Home ground advantage,plus the bigger tougher bodies may see the crows prevail.
We are without,thomas,rocca,rusling,didak,shaw,Reid.......Too much fire power missing.

I am hoping pies by 5 points,but Crows by 10- 15 points.

COLLINGWOOD GET COUSINS IN 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 1990 I was nervous in every finals game, regular season games for that matter, and even 40 odd points up in the last quarter I had watched so many soul destroying GF losses that I was even more nervous.
Recent history has done nothing to dispel my nervousness.

The only thing I am positive about is that on Sunday morning I will still be a Collingwood supporter. Without hair or fingernails.

Go Pies.

Interested in thoughts. I’m not sure what to think this year. A week ago I was ready just to roll up to the G and watch the pies play the saints or Roos and was pretty confident of winning or at least being around familiar supporters. Now im off to a ground full of Crows supporters, have to fly to get there and not sure what the pies will bring with them. Mate if we lose I have to stay over night get back on a plane and get home which sounds bloody depressing. If we win I have to sneak out of the ground not sounding too happy or I will probably get smacked from behind and get back to my hotel room and scream and jump up and down. We have been up and down all year so I just don’t know what we will do. I am so much more confident playing the other lot after this weekend if we win but incredibly nervous about this match with the crows. Last night I dreamed we won by a point which was great cause the night before I dreamed we lost by 10 goals

Mate, as long as you're not a dick about it, no one is going to smack you. Support your team, do it in the right manner, have a bit of light hearted banter, and you'll be fine.

Also, if you lose (or win) just go out and revel.

correct although my mate got hit in the back of the head by a Port fan for no reason and the Port bloke bolted out the stadium a few weeks back, weird as.

Collingwood have won 6 of their last 10 games here i think and 3 of the last 5? The ground holds no fear for them. Its going to come down to who wants it more, thats it plain and simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

correct although my mate got hit in the back of the head by a Port fan for no reason and the Port bloke bolted out the stadium a few weeks back, weird as.

Collingwood have won 6 of their last 10 games here i think and 3 of the last 5? The ground holds no fear for them. Its going to come down to who wants it more, thats it plain and simple

And there's your problem :p

I'm not so much worried as excited. If we do well then I'll be happy, if we lose I'll still be satisfied with how we've performed this season given a number of factors. I reckon we've shown real plucker after the Didak/shaw incident, everyone had written us off by that stage, so we've done well even to make the finals. The experience that the young guys get in the finals will be invaluable, and will hopefully make them better players.

Bring on Adelaide. We come into the match as underdogs, but we relish that tag. We've beaten the Crows previously this season, we know we can win at AAMI in finals, so let's give it all we've got.

I love how you've decided to come and invade our board. I think you need a taste of your own medicine :D

Oh I don't know about invade, just thought you guys would appreciate another perspective to this weekend and other issues involving the Crows :)

Although that post before was inviting a snide remark, I couldn't help myself! :p

I Get very nervous at this time of year but just try to enjoy it,and if it's not this year it will be in 3 years is my estimate we will be holding that cup on the mcg with me in the stands crying my eyes out from being so happy. you just got to believe and stick with them in the bad times and whatever good times there are.Look how long hawthorn and geelong were shit for. OUR TIME IS COMING. you just gotta believe.OK.

Mate, as long as you're not a dick about it, no one is going to smack you. Support your team, do it in the right manner, have a bit of light hearted banter, and you'll be fine.

Also, if you lose (or win) just go out and revel.

Not sure about that one...............I was walking to my car after a Fosters Cup game at Waverley one night. Minding my business and one of your scum drove straight at me. Considering I would ahve been about 10, that was a bit of a rough act.

We all have nutcases though don't we.

Oh I don't know about invade, just thought you guys would appreciate another perspective to this weekend and other issues involving the Crows :)

Although that post before was inviting a snide remark, I couldn't help myself! :p

Crow Girl?!? You're not... [gasp] Angela Pippos are you?!? :eek:

Not sure about that one...............I was walking to my car after a Fosters Cup game at Waverley one night. Minding my business and one of your scum drove straight at me. Considering I would ahve been about 10, that was a bit of a rough act.

We all have nutcases though don't we.

It was dark and I didn't have my Coke-bottle glasses on, it wasn't my fault you got in the way. Sorry for driving onto the footpath after you, though.

It should be a cracking match this week, if I were you guys I'd be pretty confident as your form over here is good. I just hope whoever wins this week goes on to flog the daylights out of St Kilda in a fortnight, to give them an average losing margin in these finals of 30 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone worried, not sure what to think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back