ANZAC Day 2009, 5.30 kick off

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm meeting a couple of Warriors fans at the Swan around 3pm for a coke and heading back to the ground around 4ish.

Will be sitting in the West stand. If anyone wants to meet prior to kick-off, say around 445, I'm happy to head to the back of the Northern end of the ground to say hi.

I'll be in my Collingwood members hat. Just ask for, AuckMel.
We should really pick out a specific meeting point.

Sorry guys, but when the rain came there was no way I was going out in it.

Thought we blew it really. Never mind, one is better than none.

I thought the day went well. For the first time in 10 years I felt a part of ANZAC day.

Word is Quinn will be ok. Looked nasty though. Glad he's ok.

What the hell was Cronk thinking kicking after the 1st tackle with the ball in our half? I think the game was lost there, had a real chance to get another 30 metres or so and good position for the field goal.

Yep. All those around us were scratching their heads too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the day went well. For the first time in 10 years I felt a part of ANZAC day.

Got into the ground at about 5pm with it pissing down, walked past the scoreboard and had a quick look around for Collingwood/North hats but didn't see any so I quickly got out of there! :D

Had to leave 20 mins into the 2nd half so it seems I missed an exciting finish, wasn't looking good when we left!

Sorry I missed some of you guys.
Got to the ground at 5 as it was just starting to rain.
Had a look at half=time at the back of the western stand for you AM, but could not spot you.

Game was so tense, I nearly lost my voice.
Good support for the Warriors, but the storm supporters really got behind the team...it was great to see.
I thought we blew it AuckMel.:D
Had a limited bench and playing on Monday night in the rain did not help.

Glad to hear Quinn should be okay, he was having a scan, so I hope goes well for him.
Shame the rain set in, spoilt the night a little.

Nah - you guys just love seeing the Blues get beaten!

I know who the Vics will be supporting at the first State of Origin game! And it won't be the team wearing sky blue...

True, I always support QLD.

Last year however I wanted NSW to do well for Bellamy's sake, same applies this year. Not sure if that can extend to them winning the series though. Although tbh thats probably what is needed for Bellamy to keep his job.

Nah - you guys just love seeing the Blues get beaten!

I know who the Vics will be supporting at the first State of Origin game! And it won't be the team wearing sky blue...

Well Maroon looks very much like a deep purple:D

I actually cheer for all the Storm players and Bellyache and really enjoy watching those game because of the quality of players involved.

Got into the ground at about 5pm with it pissing down, walked past the scoreboard and had a quick look around for Collingwood/North hats but didn't see any so I quickly got out of there! :D

Sorry I missed some of you guys.
Got to the ground at 5 as it was just starting to rain.
Had a look at half=time at the back of the western stand for you AM, but could not spot you.

Weird, I hung around directly under the big screen from just before 5 for about 10 mins. While plenty of people walked past no one else stopped so I figured the rain kept you all away.

Next time I'll be in Melbourne is Origin and the Broncos game.
Maybe we could organise to meet then?

Weird, I hung around directly under the big screen from just before 5 for about 10 mins. While plenty of people walked past no one else stopped so I figured the rain kept you all away.

Next time I'll be in Melbourne is Origin and the Broncos game.
Maybe we could organise to meet then?

My mobile phone time must be out ;). I'm not a regular on this board anyway but I thought i'd drop by at about 5pm to see if there was anyone else standing around but I couldn't see one person even near by.

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZAC Day 2009, 5.30 kick off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back