APS - 9A footy - who are the teams to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotch D Xavier!
Simply the best 9a game of the season. Xaveir up by 3-4 goals at half time and Scotch came back in the third, albleit kicking poorly to only be down by 2 goals at 3/4 time. The final 1/4 was a ripper, scotch kicking 2 quick goals and game on. Scotch then kciked 1 more to end up winning by 5 points. A great game of tough, skillfull footy.

For xavier:Golds either hurt or resting in the second half was a win for scotch, as across half back he was playing well. L. Keath was good all day, good hard at it game. No one else stepped up for them.

Scotch: everyone contributed. C Watts was had a great game.

Scotch on a roll.

Plus Jackson Paine, the mgs ruckman. has been there since yr7. always been a good player.

Geelong College Defeated Melbourne Grammer
67 to 51. Geelong College in front all day, except for in the last quartor when MGS draw level. College pulled away in the end with 3 goals in the crucial moments of the game.
any other Results other than the Xavier and Scotch game?

_________Wins__Losses
Xavier.........4........2
St Kevins.....3........1
CGS............3........2
Scotch........3........1
Geelong*.....3........2
Hailbury.......2........3
Carey..........2........2
Melb G.........1........2

2 Results From St Kevins
1 Result From CGS
2 Result From Scotch
1 Result From Hailbury
2 Results From Carey
3 Results From MGS
* Geelong Has Had a Bye. Any one else?

_________Wins__Losses
Xavier.........4........2
St Kevins.....3........1
CGS............3........2
Scotch........3........1
Geelong*.....3........2
Hailbury.......2........3
Carey..........2........2
Melb G.........1........2

2 Results From St Kevins
1 Result From CGS
2 Result From Scotch
1 Result From Hailbury
2 Results From Carey
3 Results From MGS
* Geelong Has Had a Bye. Any one else?

skevs are 4 an 2. lost to cgs today

_________Wins__Losses
1. Scotch........5........1
2. Xavier.........4........2
2. St Kevins.....4........2
2. CGS............4........2
3. Geelong*.....3........2
4. Carey..........2........2
5. Hailbury.......2........3
6. Melb G.........1........2

1 From Hailbury
2 From Carey
3 From MGS

How are Xavier and MGS 9A's looking?

9a's have some superstars like Jackson Paine-No39
Will Levini No33 and Will Heffernan No8, Nic daish No6 as well,

But, there are some under rated players such as Fraser walker No10 no set position but hard as a rock and skills are amazing,
and one of the most underrated players in the aps 9a's Jon Benjamin No 3 at FB. In my opinion probably one of best FB in APS, only had maxium one goal a game kicked against him and is definately some to watch out for,

You would have had to talk half of those players up and they arent even good. I would give you Levini and Paine are the two good players but Heffernen and Daish did nothing against us. Daish only took the kick outs and that was about it for him and Heffernan hardly got a touch of the ball.

TGC vs. MGS

3 goals to none gave college an early quarter time lead from the illustrious Melbourne Grammar.

Second quarter was very tight, as Melbourne Grammar slotted the only two goals for the quarter. Inaccurate kicking was a let down for Geelong.

This changed in the third quarter when Geelong broke away, ending up with 4 goals, including two from Steinfort#23 to add to his three from the first quarter.

Halfway through the last quarter, Melbourne drew level with Geelong at 55 all, until Geelong kicked 3 quick goals to break away for the win.

#39 for MGS did not live up to the hype, with only slotting two cheap goals and struggling to get a touch all day.

#33 for MGS started slowly, but then had a big impact on Melbourne as the game progressed.

Any other results for the round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CGS 13-9-87 def St.Kevins 3-8-26

This margin was a big surprise. Judging by results thus far this season there really should have been only a kick in it.

CGS dominated the midfield early to set up a big lead. Ruckman and Captain James Easton:thumbsu: unstoppable runs from the middle banging on 3 massive goals from outside 40m.

Quarter Time CGS 6.1.37 St.Kevs 1.0.6

Fullback of the season James Schwarer (can bench press 100kg) rag dolled the St.Kev’s full forward who only managed one soccer off the ground for a goal for the day. The ball actually needed to be replaced at half time because Jimmy punched that much air out of it with his defensive spoils.:mad:

Half Time CGS 11.3.69 St.Kev's 1.2.8

Second half proved to be much more even with very few scores for either side.
2.6 to 2.6

Bethal Loh (The Marvel:cool:) bananared one inthe last quarter from where the 40m meets the boundary. It had the MGS 3rd's applauding and roaring it home as they ran their warm up lap before their match was due to begin.

and Cyril played well also:p.

Now for the re-grade I hope we play Hailibury & Brighton (%)

Sounds like Scotch might be good to avoid after touching them up Round 1. Although we would like another go at Geelong at Home. Wouldn't mind playing Xav's again this time with equal playing numbers 21 vs 21 not 21 vs 24 or 26 you're only cheating yourself in the long run.

CGS will use the weekend off to repair bodies held together from tape
Reading back over the season so far for CGS.
Round 1 CGS 4.7.31 def Scotch 3.7.25
Round 2 MGS 7.8.50 lost to CGS 10.9.69
Round 3 GC 17.7.109 def CGS 11.6.72
Round 4 Carey 3.2.20 lost to CGS 14.13.97
Round 5 CGS 7.7.49 lost to Xavier 15.13.103 (only 3 gls down at 3/4 time)
Round 6 CGS 13.9.87 def. St.Kevins 3.8.26
CGS for 405 CGS agnst 333 = 121.622% 4 pts for a win = 16 pts
For ladder purposes.

Scotch 5 and 1.
Who have scotch played so far please fill in blanks?
Round 1 - CGS - Loss
Round 2 - ?Win
Round 3 - ?Win
Round 4 - ?Win
Round 5 - Geelong College - Win
Round 6 - Xavier - Win

I'm guessing Brighton, MGS, Carey am I right??

Please don't tell me you had a bye and counted it as a win?

Come on give us an update.

Well done on the win on the weekend thats a top effort. I wish Golds had gotten injured during our match sounds like that's when you got on top. How did Connor play?

i think that the xavs are clearly the best 9a team. i saw them in their two losses to haliberry and scotch and they looked as if any other day of the week they would beat both those teams. and they have beaten all the other teams convinsingly

You would have had to talk half of those players up and they arent even good. I would give you Levini and Paine are the two good players but Heffernen and Daish did nothing against us. Daish only took the kick outs and that was about it for him and Heffernan hardly got a touch of the ball.

actually paine hardly touched th ball except i think he was playing slightly injured
he had no impact on th game

Well done on the win on the weekend thats a top effort. I wish Golds had gotten injured during our match sounds like that's when you got on top. How did Connor play?

welll
conor played very well
he got cleaned up twice very heavily
but still managed to get up and keeep going
but wattssie was by far the best for scotch on the weekend

Apparently he can go a bit in basketball though playing for the Corio Bay Stingrays Vic Championship team averaging around 30 points per game as an underage player.

CGS 10 - 9 - 69 def. MGS 7 - 8 - 50

Great match both sides have plenty of talent.

MGS - players to watch are 39 in ruck and around the grounds & 33 who was everywhere and in everything except the second half where he was well held. Number 6 talks a good game not sure if he backs it up with action.

MGS said they smashed brighton and didn't think they would risk good players against such an below average outfit in the future. MGS said they won by 18 goals.

It should be interesting this week we play Geelong College has anyone played them yet what is their form like?

r u serious man 39 and 33 and 6 are all horrible the main man at MGS 9A's is 28 this guy nearly won the game for them at gellong college hes just amazing i watched the game this guy is good if he honestly should have tried out for state this guy is gooood

Remove this Banner Ad

APS - 9A footy - who are the teams to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back