APS Football

Remove this Banner Ad

cfc05 said:
It is not wrong to give scholarships to country boys if they cant afford to go to a private school, it is wrong to give them scholarships for footy with the sole purpose of winning an APS premiership and furthering your own image. It is like Xavier and Scotch with their aboriginal programs, great idea! so why are they picking out the best footballers from these communties - to further image and footballing results not to give someone a chance!
My argument is that irrespective of the motive, it benefits many people and the only "problem" is that schools willing to give scholarships out, have a better side.

footy12345 said:
Hey Im not saying that, I come from the country, but why should a team like Haileybury having something like 17 scholarship players, think about this. I have no problem with educational scholarships but footy, come one

Schools give academic and even 'music' scholarships so why can’t they give sporting scholarships. (Music and academic scholarships are given to improve the standards and performance at the school so why can’t schools do the same with sport?) Why should sport be seen as any less important than music for example? Why only give people who are good at music or intelligent the opportunity to go to a school that they otherwise wouldn't be able to?? Come on …

Big things have been said about Geelong Grammar big man Tim Boston. I have heard but have not seen for myself, what do you guys know about him?
I heard top 10 draft this year??!

ablettjnr said:
Big things have been said about Geelong Grammar big man Tim Boston. I have heard but have not seen for myself, what do you guys know about him?

Tim Boston is a hack! seriously.

ablettjnr said:

Seriously, if you're gonna post about ur mates, then make him seem really good rather then the dribble that you've done.

you guys dont know what your talking about. Tim Boston is awesome, great kick on left and right, solid mark, good weight and height with a top leap, top 10 without doubt. Geelong Grammars 1st XVIII are back in action this year and they are doing it without scholarships, a bloody lesson haileybury and melbourne can learn. They're utter guns in the middle field ably led by tommy foster- had they been at full strength against st kevs they would have nailed them. GGS ARE BACK!

nutcase said:
you guys dont know what your talking about. Tim Boston is awesome, great kick on left and right, solid mark, good weight and height with a top leap, top 10 without doubt. Geelong Grammars 1st XVIII are back in action this year and they are doing it without scholarships, a bloody lesson haileybury and melbourne can learn. They're utter guns in the middle field ably led by tommy foster- had they been at full strength against st kevs they would have nailed them. GGS ARE BACK!

I agree mate GGS 1ST XV111 are back without a doubt, watch out caulfield tomorrow.

No doubt cat77. Caulfield are going to have a tough ask on their hands tomoz. Word on the street is that Grammar is going to come out firing, they're ready to go after last weeks dissapointment against stkevs and if they had willy reed running the wing id hate to be going to caulfield. GGS top 5 this year no doubt. Also- my tip tomoz, big upset, Geelong College to beat Scotch.

bettsie said:
Nah 2's but were still playing a haileybury team that would beat our 1's.
definitely the case, Haileybury 30.21.201 def. Wesley 2.2.14, would have been bigger had Haileybury kicked more accurately and not made some changes after quarter time. At quarter time, it was Haileybury 14.2.86 to Wesley 1.1.7, in wet conditions. Haileybury's 2nds would have beaten them. And raso had a great game, kicked 3 goals, Tory Dickson kicked 6, after kicking 5 in the first quarter, aaron murray kicked a bag, haileybury were just on fire all game, especially the first quarter, one of the best quarters i have ever seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If one more biased xavier student claims that they can still win the APS flag despite being slaughtered in the first 2 rounds, jimmy will kick your head in. There is no chance that the flag doesnt go to hawthorn to the school wearing, the cardinal the gold and the blue.

Esham said:
definitely the case, Haileybury 30.21.201 def. Wesley 2.2.14, would have been bigger had Haileybury kicked more accurately and not made some changes after quarter time. At quarter time, it was Haileybury 14.2.86 to Wesley 1.1.7, in wet conditions. Haileybury's 2nds would have beaten them. And raso had a great game, kicked 3 goals, Tory Dickson kicked 6, after kicking 5 in the first quarter, aaron murray kicked a bag, haileybury were just on fire all game, especially the first quarter, one of the best quarters i have ever seen

tory dickson plays footy?
i played against him in the aps vs agsv tennis.
i beat him and di domenico in doubles :D

6 goals isn't that huge in a team that kicks 30 goals mind you
was he off for a half or something?

tombo said:
tory dickson plays footy?
i played against him in the aps vs agsv tennis.
i beat him and di domenico in doubles :D

6 goals isn't that huge in a team that kicks 30 goals mind you
was he off for a half or something?

he was off half way through 3rd term with a cork. but has been sick lately. still kicking 8 7 5 6 in ur first 4 games of APS football is bloody good and is a key asset to Haileybury's team

si_m_0n said:
he was off half way through 3rd term with a cork. but has been sick lately. still kicking 8 7 5 6 in ur first 4 games of APS football is bloody good and is a key asset to Haileybury's team

yeah that is good

it does help to have good delivery too you though

scotch have wesley this weekend (round 5) at wesley, but not sure if its prahan or glen waverly, can a hail guru let me know wat ground its at, coz if its glen waverly, playing there last year was an absolute hole!!

i presume also that hail are playing geelong grammar this weekend due to the fact scotch seem to play each team a week after hail which is not a good sign, coz thats more or less 2 losses/thumpings/humiliations/beltings in a row for each team!!

Although i can't be ********ed making a poll, which side hass more grunt? Scotch or Hail?

You provide some encouraging evidence for scotch however i believe Hail is sitting their contracted players on the pine and going to the library to field a side against scotch. Should be a ripper of a game

roger merret said:
Geelong College beat St Kevins by 33 points 97 - 64. They get banjanin(inj) and schofield (Vic U16) back for the game against Caulfield next week. Who else won this week?

Even with those two boys back I heard they still went down convincingly to Caulfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back