APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Wesley drew with Brighton. Ump had to consult with goal ump and boundary ump in last minute to see if point was kicked..... Wes would have won by a point if it went their way.

Wesley drew with Brighton. Ump had to consult with goal ump and boundary ump in last minute to see if point was kicked..... Wes would have won by a point if it went their way.
15 supporters behind the goal saw it was a point even the goal umpire did great sprint to the middle of the ground after the game sounds like they had plenty of oppurtunities to win?

this weeks results leave the competition wide open still. Im not sure too many people outside of wesley expected wesley to be as good as they are.
The ladder is something like: pts
1. Haileybury 8
2.St. Kevins 6
3. Wesley 5
4. Scotch 4
5. Brighton 4
6. Geelong college 4
7. Melbourne Grammer 3
8. Caulfield 2
9. Geelong Grammer 2
10. Xavier 2
11. Carey 0

15 supporters behind the goal saw it was a point even the goal umpire did great sprint to the middle of the ground after the game sounds like they had plenty of oppurtunities to win?
goal umpire cheated victory away from wesley.
i was in perfect position and it clearly went for a point.

i was sitting behind the goals when that point was kicked, the goal umpire didnt know and neither did the boundary umpire. all the parents were saying it was a point
there were teachers behind the goals as well and i told them that they should be ashamed becuase they knew it was in.
The umpire made the wrong call in saying it was out on the full, he should have called a ball up or a boundary throw in due to the circumstances of the game.
Official complaint needed i reckon

i was sitting behind the goals when that point was kicked, the goal umpire didnt know and neither did the boundary umpire. all the parents were saying it was a point
there were teachers behind the goals as well and i told them that they should be ashamed becuase they knew it was in.
The umpire made the wrong call in saying it was out on the full, he should have called a ball up or a boundary throw in due to the circumstances of the game.
great call thats what should of happend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think you should accept the umpires decision,it was his to make and he did. the idea that a ball up or a throw in should work in the circumstances ,well lets not let emotion get in the way of the rules of the game

i think you should accept the umpires decision,it was his to make and he did. the idea that a ball up or a throw in should work in the circumstances ,well lets not let emotion get in the way of the rules of the game
yeh but the ump was young and he went to call it a point but got intimidated by the brighton players and called it out on the full

saw Hailebury beat Scotch on saturday and all i can say is that Hailebury are very good. Meehan is a gun and couldeve kicked 11. Scully didn't even play that well (ovbiously his an awesome player though). M. VDB from scotch is unstoppable, apparently his kicked 25 goals from three games. Scotch vs St Kevins this week is a massive match.

Proper goal umpires should be hired. having said that you can sit here and whinge, the decision is the decision and their would have been several desicions that should have gone Brighton's way early in the game that may have resulted in a goal. thats the way the cookie crumbles

1st of all the goal umpire made no comment he said he didnt know, HE DIDNT CALL IT OUT ON THE FULL. 2nd of all the boundary umpire didnt know, who was FROM WESLEY he also DIDNT CALL IT OUT ON THE FULL, third of all the field umpires were the ones THAT THOUGHT IT WENT OVER THE POST.
So before all of you wesley clowns have a go at the goal umpires or brighton grammars sportsmanship get your facts straight.

Wasn't at the game so didn't see the decision, but from what I have seen over the years you can never rely on the umpires. At the end of the day if Wesley were the better team they shouldn't have being in such a position that one call cost them the game. In saying that it's still a joke that an umpire can have such a large influence on a game, I witnessed that first hand at St Kevin's Vs Xavier. Who can stop Haileybury? And more importantly Meehan?

1st of all the goal umpire made no comment he said he didnt know, HE DIDNT CALL IT OUT ON THE FULL. 2nd of all the boundary umpire didnt know, who was FROM WESLEY he also DIDNT CALL IT OUT ON THE FULL, third of all the field umpires were the ones THAT THOUGHT IT WENT OVER THE POST.
So before all of you wesley clowns have a go at the goal umpires or brighton grammars sportsmanship get your facts straight.
who are u, u mupet. i dont even go to wesley, i was just at the game watching mates; It was a terrible descision. wesley deserved to win and thats the way they were going to do it.

who are u, u mupet. i dont even go to wesley, i was just at the game watching mates; It was a terrible descision. wesley deserved to win and thats the way they were going to do it.

mate you are a blooper, it is obvious you go to wesley i was at the game and the only crowd behind the goals were wesley boys. if wesley deserved to win and they are a better team then they should'nt have been in that position u spud......... yet another wesley clown at theyre best

st kevins probably have the best back 6 in the comp so that will be a highly anticipated match in 3 weeks time

Sorry mate but you would have to be kidding me, St Kevin’s has a very skilful midfield and a very potent forward line, but I don't think too many sides in the APS are sweating over their back 6

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back