APS season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard the GGS boys have had a solid pre-season under their belt. Dylan Hodge has trimmed down and now has a bigger engine to run through the midfield this year. Doug Bond, who is on GWS academy list has been impressing the Falcons selectors in the practice matches. Scotty Dixon has finally got his body in good shape and will definately be key factor for the GGS boys this year through the midfield. Aaron Christensen, brother of Allen, has had a rough pre-season due to groin overload but is now up and running in the Falcons and will be looking to take over the role of Devon Smith last year. Tom Batarilo who has moved over from Geelong College is another player to look out for, played U/15's Vic and was very stiff to miss out on 16s. The thing that will surely encourage the GGS boys will be the inspirational comeback by Will Sloss and David Iaccarino.

The GGS boys have also been benefited massivly by the new Western bulldogs head coach Brendon McCartney. Who has had a big part in pre-season skills and fitness. From what i have heard it looks to be a big year ahead for GGS.

Really does sounds like Geelong have got it all going for them. Huge list full of talent in all years, huge coaching team, and Brendan MacCartney living on campus. Could be a very good few years for GGS, only taken them 110 years to get it right. Thoughts on being contenders?

Really does sounds like Geelong have got it all going for them. Huge list full of talent in all years, huge coaching team, and Brendan MacCartney living on campus. Could be a very good few years for GGS, only taken them 110 years to get it right. Thoughts on being contenders?
Yes i have heard that GGS will be serious contenders for this years flag. They dont have any standout players like Devon Smith (GWS), Meyrick Buchanon (Chose cricket over footy) and Kyle Devlin but their depth is amazing from all reports

good to see that the geelong boys have hijacked this forum. typical move by the boys from the grammar, talk about entitlement

I'd watch out for GGS this year. Over at College we've been hearing a few things, got some big recruits coming in this year, plus remaining scholars from last year. Adam Kristiansen (Brother of Alan),

Thanks for the mention - but definitely no relation to the big K-DAWG!

Also, look out for that other new scholar - already a member of the vaunted GWS Academy!

Angus Scott, last minute addition to an already talent filled team could be the difference between another premiership or finishing second or third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ggs is a finishing school for idiots and the uncoordinated.

thats why they've produced a prime minister, next king of england, rupert murdoch, kerry packer, 2 governor generals, 4 governors of victoria, next king of thailand, 3 premiers, 10% of the top 200 richest people in the country, bunch of idiots from corio ay

Dont forget to mention Easton Wood(W.B), Devon smith (GWS), Billie Smedts (geel), Meyrick buchanan (melbourne renegades) and Sam Newman.

Dont forget to mention Easton Wood(W.B), Devon smith (GWS), Billie Smedts (geel), Meyrick buchanan (melbourne renegades) and Sam Newman.

you keep saying all these superstar names, however geelong grammar still managed to come second last in 2011?

I'd watch out for GGS this year. Over at College we've been hearing a few things, got some big recruits coming in this year, plus remaining scholars from last year. Dave Iaccarino (Western Jets), Dyl Weir (Gippy Power/Geelong Falcons), Scotty Dixon (Falcons), Adam Kristiansen (Brother of Alan), Dylan Hodge (Brother of Luke), plus a tonne of new boys. Big group of non-scholar talent as well, word is all the boys are a pretty tight group, all very good mates. GGS had a good group last year, but apparently the team wasn't close enough, too much infighting. Grammar-College game looks like its going back to Corio again, as much as it pains me to say it. Could be top 5 contender

I would like to see some more mentioning of the powerhouse fifths team, that enjoyed a perfect season last year. With a team boasting the likes of F. O'Connell, J. (Pockets) Leach, C. Chirnside and the new midfield sensation J. Horgan, i'd be looking out for those lads.

thats why they've produced a prime minister, next king of england, rupert murdoch, kerry packer, 2 governor generals, 4 governors of victoria, next king of thailand, 3 premiers, 10% of the top 200 richest people in the country, bunch of idiots from corio ay

all of whom attended the school when steam trains were still putting around the countryside, an ice cream would cost a 'six-pence' and a trip to Frankston was considered a seaside holiday.

I didn't realise they all played in the same team... Oh wait they didn't. I've heard that Rioli from Xavier is a player. Here's my ladder prediction:

1. Xavier
2. St Kevins
4. Caulfield
5. Geelong College
6. Wesley
7. Scotch
8. Geelong Grammar
9. Melbourne Grammar
10. Haileybury
11. Brighton

I didn't realise they all played in the same team... Oh wait they didn't. I've heard that Rioli from Xavier is a player. Here's my ladder prediction:

1. Xavier
2. St Kevins
4. Caulfield
5. Geelong College
6. Wesley
7. Scotch
8. Geelong Grammar
9. Melbourne Grammar
10. Haileybury
11. Brighton

Forgotton Carey Grammar!!

1. Xavier
2. St Kevins
4. Caulfield
5. Geelong College
6. Wesley
7. Scotch
8. Geelong Grammar
9. Melbourne Grammar
10. Haileybury
11. Brighton

If Xavier win the premiership, I will streak naked at the grand final. Xavier have no hope

StKevins lost to MGS by 50 odd in a practise match when MGS reportedly had about 10 out

i wouldnt take much out of that mate, mgs have beaten them the last couple of years in the praccy matches but still come up short when it comes to the real stuff, its a completely different intensity and as you said key players dont play much in praccy matches

Remove this Banner Ad

APS season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back