17. Scott SHERWEN SC
18. Nathan DJERRKURA SC
19. Daniel MEASURES MGS
20. John SHAW XC
21. Tom HAWKINS MGS
23. David COMBEN HC

Emg. Anthony CALDER BGS
Emg. James MURRIE Carey

Top notch squad with a lot of talent. congrats to the CGS boys. big surprise to see Dawes names as captain. not the most disciplined of players. they will however give the AGS boys a hiding

i think ellis isn't playing because he didn't play that many games during the season. i believe that he also may still be carrying an injury, though that's just from what i've heard on this site
but yeah, ultra talented squad, and will be very hard to stop

bundy66 said:
why is it a suprise for dawes to be captain he is 1 of the best players and leaders in the aps.

U clearly go to Brighton

It's because he isn't very disciplined. Nobody will dispute the fact he is a good player.

i have to agree with the others here, dawesy's a champ, and fully deserves the captaincy. admittedly, at times he can be undisciplined, but the main thing is that he is always 100% willing to commit to the team cause, and put it in for his team mates, and that's what they would have been looking for, given that discipline won't really matter too much, in that it's only one game, so suspensions and the like aren't an issue.

it's understandable that some may have expected hawkins or rockefeller, but it's undeniable that dawesy is a great leader. just ask the boys at bgs who are so vocal in supporting him. if they played with him the entire season, and the discipline factor wasn't an issue for them, then why should it be for anybody else. surely, if anything, they would be the ones criticizing hime if it was that big a deal.

I lost respect for Dawes when i saw him slappin Sheetz's face trying to put him of in the Scotch V Brighton game last year. Pretty weak effort. good enough player i suppose but i wouldnt want him as my captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

APS team Named

Remove this Banner Ad

Back