APS team of the decade

Remove this Banner Ad

what does KPP mean. keep clear of the one gamers. post players that have made an impact in the afl. post a name then some infor bout them. make it easier to justify the choices of players.
There should be a team posted. including positions. but need more info on players added to the list.

deledio has made an impact on afl football, but i doubt his few weeks at an cgs qualifies him as an aps representive. nethertheless it is one more star that ags dont have. aps team is shapping up

Josh mahoney (SKC) would also have to be looked at, premiership player. KPP means key position players, besides schuable???, maybe beumont, gardiner - really know one

who would be the captain of the aps team of the decade. this should be based on their leadership, not performance. judd would be the captain based on performance. ala brownlow. but i was thinking bout it and i belive maxfield shows captain quality as he has been captaining sydney since paul kellys retirement. anyone else want to make call on it ???

nutcase said:
plus can you add deledio to the list considering he went to caulfield grammar for the first three weeks of this year. But the AGS undoubtedly have one of the greatest young guns going round- Travis Cloke is a wizard (does yr. 12 at Yarra Valley) with braces, the man could go b&f this year at the pies.

wtf??? are you being serious or this a stupid joke?? best and fairest this year. You have got to be kidding. Hes a good player with a huge future, guarantee that but b&f, thats just crazy talk

Meat cleaver thinks nutcase has a valid point there. i mean just look at the kind of play the young lad is dishing up each week, he may as well open a cafe and i reckon that may very well score three hats in THE AGE'S 'good food guide' next whenever. im not a fan of the pies but he plays salivating footy, b&f aint such a long shot, hes certainly the top cloke of them all.

bendova said:
Brett Deledio (caulfield)

anyone want to add to the list

I don't know if you can really count him? Wasn't he only at Caulfield for about a week (now gets "home-schooled" at Richmond??)

bendova said:
thats true roach hasnt been performing that well but still i didnt want carey to feel bad not having anyone inclusion to the aps team of the decade. wesley i can deal with not having anyone.

Kieran McGuiness, Julian Rowe (Carey)

look lets end the debate we are only embarrassing the boys of the ACC, and AGS. They claim they have more that have played AFL footy. for 1. the APS has by far had more as weve all seen from the above posts and 2. the boys that actually play AFL from the APS make an impact unseen before- i only point to Ball and Judd as evidence. The APS is the Premier League of schoolboy footy as far as all are concern. END OF STORY.

Chris judd is by the far the best to come out of the aps system for a long time for obvious reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meat cleaver said:
look lets end the debate we are only embarrassing the boys of the ACC, and AGS. They claim they have more that have played AFL footy. for 1. the APS has by far had more as weve all seen from the above posts and 2. the boys that actually play AFL from the APS make an impact unseen before- i only point to Ball and Judd as evidence. The APS is the Premier League of schoolboy footy as far as all are concern. END OF STORY.

Here is an ACC side currently playing AFL mate so just hold what you say before you read this:

John Barker
Cameron Ling
Matthew Scarlett
James Bartel
Heath Black
Jude Bolton
Blake Caracella
Trent Croad
Daniel Giansiracusa
Aaron Hamill
Ben Johnson
Matthew Lloyd
Scott Lucas
Matthew Robbins
Rohan Smith
David Spriggs
Nick Maxwell
Daniel Harford
Ricky Dyson

They are some just off the top of my head

very well mate but the fact remains that that group would have played about 10 ACC games between the lot of them because no one in that competition gives a ******** about their school, they all want to go and play TAC. If they guys in the APS were playing in the TAC instead of APS i guarantee there would be exponential growth in the numbers of APS boys in the AFL. Talk up your comp all you want but the fact remains that it is merely a shadow of the prestige that the APS is because absolutely no one in the ACC that can kick more than 30m gives a ******** about playing in it.

meat cleaver said:
very well mate but the fact remains that that group would have played about 10 ACC games between the lot of them because no one in that competition gives a ******** about their school, they all want to go and play TAC. If they guys in the APS were playing in the TAC instead of APS i guarantee there would be exponential growth in the numbers of APS boys in the AFL. Talk up your comp all you want but the fact remains that it is merely a shadow of the prestige that the APS is because absolutely no one in the ACC that can kick more than 30m gives a ******** about playing in it.
Agree.

meat cleaver said:

If this is true then the APS is bad for football, as it is holding back potential AFL players.

Also Bartel, Reynolds and Maxwell were all at St Joseph's when I was there and all 3 played just about every game for the school

congratulations you had three boys play a game for in the past 10 years. if you have read any posts from the people at your old school about st joeys current crop ie. that out of the 11 falcons at the school 1 will play ACC football goes to show the ACC is merely a joke of a comp

meat cleaver said:
congratulations you had three boys play a game for in the past 10 years. if you have read any posts from the people at your old school about st joeys current crop ie. that out of the 11 falcons at the school 1 will play ACC football goes to show the ACC is merely a joke of a comp
What makes school football so important? I've been through the whole similar system with another sport, and I can tell you - what do you get out of playing a lower standard of football like APS as opposed to being available to play TAC cup all the time? Compulsory sport on Saturdays takes away opportunites for the best school sportsmen (and probably sportswomen) to be able to put themselves on the various pathways that various sports set out for their youngsters.

Instead we see people having their development delayed by the APS and AGS program. Sure, guys like your Judds and your Balls will still get drafted, but what about your DeBruins, Newnhams and Remmers' who get pulled away from the natural progression for footballers, and if they had have had the chance to play TAC and go through the Football Victoria progam the whole time might end up on rookie lists or late draft picks, instead of the footballing wilderness.

What the ACC progam allows is for the schools to try and find a balance between letting their talented sportspeople progress, while occassionally asking for something back with the odd game here and there. In the end, there is very little as inconsequential in the scheme of things - no matter how much your school tells you - as school sport.

linger_isgod said:
What makes school football so important? I've been through the whole similar system with another sport, and I can tell you - what do you get out of playing a lower standard of football like APS as opposed to being available to play TAC cup all the time? Compulsory sport on Saturdays takes away opportunites for the best school sportsmen (and probably sportswomen) to be able to put themselves on the various pathways that various sports set out for their youngsters.

Instead we see people having their development delayed by the APS and AGS program. Sure, guys like your Judds and your Balls will still get drafted, but what about your DeBruins, Newnhams and Remmers' who get pulled away from the natural progression for footballers, and if they had have had the chance to play TAC and go through the Football Victoria progam the whole time might end up on rookie lists or late draft picks, instead of the footballing wilderness.

What the ACC progam allows is for the schools to try and find a balance between letting their talented sportspeople progress, while occassionally asking for something back with the odd game here and there. In the end, there is very little as inconsequential in the scheme of things - no matter how much your school tells you - as school sport.

Sensational post. Where are you on that one meat clever?

Some kids still play TAC but most just think that playing with their mates in a good comp is more important at this stage of their careers instead of playing in a great comp because they still have a hell of alot of competitive footy aheadof them

mighty mole said:
Some kids still play TAC but most just think that playing with their mates in a good comp is more important at this stage of their careers instead of playing in a great comp because they still have a hell of alot of competitive footy aheadof them
They don't get a chance to "think". They are forced to play in the APS. And a hell of a lot of competitive "U/19 Old Xavs/Skevs/Scotch" or VFL Seconds instead of getting paid $40 000 a year to play football for an AFL club? Its not doing the right thing by the kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS team of the decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back