APS Team of the year 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

its a bit early mate.......but would have to think both the kennedy boys would be in there, and xav if the hawks let him.

Footsteps8 said:
might as well just put the haileybury team in there

yeh why dont you just tell the haileybury kids to rock up somewhere and instead of giving out that disgusting maroon thing give them an aps shirt, they are probably good enough

While it is too early to judge based on APS form, here is a team based on players performances from outside of school football or on last years form.

B: Gilchrist(CGS/SD) Erikson(Hail/SD) Gilder (Hail/SD)
HB:Suckling(Car/SD/VMetro) Scheetz(Sco) Hellier (Hail/SD)
C: Smith (Sco/OC/VMetro) Kennedy(Xav/SD) Djekurra (Sco/NT)
HF:Tregear(BGS/SD) Hawkins(MGS/SD/NSW/AIS) Measures (MGS/NT)
F: Rioli (Sco/NT/AIS) Henderson (GC/GF) Vance (MGS)
Foll:Dawes(BGS/SD/VMetro) Ellis(MGS/Haw) Rockefeller(GC/GF)
Int: Comben(Hail/DS) Sherwen(Sco),Beckwith(Hail/SD) Sheldon(Hail/OC)

george johnstone (geelong college/geelong falcons) would have 2 be in there somewhere... trying out last year as a year 10 and only narrowly missing out.

the off white said:
While it is too early to judge based on APS form, here is a team based on players performances from outside of school football or on last years form.

Pretty hard to disagree with that team. Would beat the AGS by 20 goals.Nice to see an unbiased view based on ability. Good work

the off white said:

Purely based on early form and last year i would have to say its pretty accurate, and interesting to see no haileybury in the centres, half forwards, forwards and followers.

Bit harsh on Haileybury.
Would think Logan Hill would get a run. 3rd in Haileybury's B&F last year and played in GF for stingrays.
Comby, becks and Sheldon stiff to be on the pine.
No Saccuzzo or Andrews???

Can someone tell me about a kid whos surname is Collins. Kicked 7 against us in the VAFA Seniors the other week. The kid looks an absolute superstar. Someone told me hes at Haileybury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o'keefe from GGS should get a run, 29 kicks vs xavier on weekend not to mention the previous two weeks.

Bigfootyfan said:
Can someone tell me about a kid whos surname is Collins. Kicked 7 against us in the VAFA Seniors the other week. The kid looks an absolute superstar. Someone told me hes at Haileybury.
Brett Collins. Freak cricketer. Freak footballer. He's very skinny and doesn't have any muscle on him but he is a FREAK. Fastest bowler in the APS. And he has excellent hands, taken many freak marks in games this year and kicked some freakish goals.

Esham said:
Brett Collins. Freak cricketer. Freak footballer. He's very skinny and doesn't have any muscle on him but he is a FREAK. Fastest bowler in the APS. And he has excellent hands, taken many freak marks in games this year and kicked some freakish goals.

sounds like a freak

is he related to brad collins

What about Harry Croft from Wesley?

Plays U/18 for Oakleigh Chargers, and is only in Year 11. If he has a decent season he'd have to be a good chance.

rgds

Bigfootyfan said:

He is a superstar cricketer. Not far behind at footy either, lovely kick of the ball. Another from haileybury that is stiff to miss your'e team.

Dean Francis and Saccuzzo from Haileybury must be a chance for this team; Francis is a slick tall, really skinny but has the skills, and Saccuzzo is just lightning quick with a great kick. But more incredible from Haileybury is that of their 5 Year 10 boys, all play Vic Metro or Country U/16.

Does Stewart Loewe (Haileybury coach) just go through all the guys he played with or against in AFL and offer them scholarship sht day after their wives give birth?

Hugh Sandilands would get a game in that team. He has had a good season thus far playing on Hawkins and beating him. Hawkins kicked 2 goals on him that were fair. The other 2 he kicked was because he shoved a bloke in hte back in hte contest and teh umpire didnt penalise him and a lucky turnover which saw him in the goal square on his own. Sandilands to line up at CHB

Harro5, how can you say that Dean Francis should be in contention for the APS. His skilss are pathetic and he struggles to take a contested mark and his ground level skill are those of the same as third XVIII standard.
I havent seen Haleybury play this year but am very surprised he is getting picked in the first 18.

MR O'Keefe said:
Harro5, how can you say that Dean Francis should be in contention for the APS. His skilss are pathetic and he struggles to take a contested mark and his ground level skill are those of the same as third XVIII standard.
I havent seen Haleybury play this year but am very surprised he is getting picked in the first 18.
if you havn't seen Haileybury play this year how can you say this about Dean Francis as he played basketball last year
plus looking back on your quotes you knock everyone you said Hawkins was no good as well and he will be playing AFL next year
Just goes to show that you know nothing about football
Plus you knocked Sam Sheldon and he will get drafted next year

of course francis will be in there, he is in the haileybury team and the aps team should be the boys from keysy in different jumpers. no1 else has played well against us, cept maybe that hawkins kid. go bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Team of the year 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back