Remove this Banner Ad

footyman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Elsternwick Park, Wednesday 17th August 2005, 6.15pm

I'd be interested to know who you think will be playing, and who you expect to perform well? Any unknown players who might bob up and surprise?

I'm looking forward to this one, hope it aint 5 degrees like last year...there will certainly be plenty of scouts there and those in the know say a good effort in this game can go a long way to getting a spot at an AFL club.

footyman said:
Elsternwick Park, Wednesday 17th August 2005, 6.15pm

I'd be interested to know who you think will be playing, and who you expect to perform well? Any unknown players who might bob up and surprise?

I'm looking forward to this one, hope it aint 5 degrees like last year...there will certainly be plenty of scouts there and those in the know say a good effort in this game can go a long way to getting a spot at an AFL club.

Footyman you must know side selections for this game? Do you have any idea on the teams, or does anyone?

I'm looking forward to seeing Tom Hawkins (MGS) show what he has at CHF. Very impressed by his smarts and his strengths, possibly a little soft but still competes. Will also be keen to see Nick Marston (BGS) down at FB, relatively unknown but very capable from what I've seen. Josh Kennedy (XC) will also be fun to watch crash through packs and burst out of stoppages.

AGS will absolutely sht on the APS. APS aint goood this year they are all poo.
Brendan Iezzi and Ryan anderson will carve up the APS midfield. Angus Graham will dominate the ruck.... APS = NO CHANCE

i think ags will have trouble without the star qualities of mat t womey, his ability could carry any team.

but they will still win.

FootyGuru said:
you have got to be kidden ags will get shat on

pfft "AGS shat on".....You just wait until Wednesday 17th August 2005, 6.15pm @ Elsternwick Park MATE. I'll be there with 40 carloads of turks waiting for the APS team.... we'll put them in wheelchairs before they get on the ground. See how well they will play then

i heard that all the 2nd rate players are playing the easy game and the good players will play the others sorry i wouldnt have a clue who their playing this is just going by what someon told me i cant memba much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cannot believe that smith got overlooked...clearly one of the best players in the aps, dominated scotch and dominated tac when he plays. surprise in deed

team was announced tonight, i no for certain from speaking to some people that these players were read out as in the starting 22. Murray (captain) , Darvell (vc), plymin, Cain, Werzberger, Ellis, Paule, Morrison, Hawkins, Mcguinness, Marston, Laidlaw, Wotts, there are more but dunno which ones exactly. those 12 are definately in tho (as expected). positions announced on monday i hear.

I also heard that only year 12's were considered for selection. I don't know if this was a universal principle for all APS schools but it was at Scotch, thus Smith, Rioli and Nathan were not picked.
That is my explanation as to why these 3 Scotch boys were not selected. I do not know if this is true but it's what i heard.

of course it would have been, the selectors could not possibly have not picked Rioli or Nath let alone the best half back flanker in the comp, smith. its a shame that this is the case cos the best side isn't playing but good to give yr 12s who now have a greater chance to be drafted next year i spose. do they have the same plan in the AGS?

theoffie said:
of course it would have been, the selectors could not possibly have not picked Rioli or Nath let alone the best half back flanker in the comp, smith. its a shame that this is the case cos the best side isn't playing but good to give yr 12s who now have a greater chance to be drafted next year i spose. do they have the same plan in the AGS?

you fools, ellis and josh kennedy are in yr 11 and theyre playing!
they both made team.
smith riols and nath didnt make the team because they wernt good enough for what the selectors needed to win. they lack physicality and are sometimes overated because they played a solid game. the team picked is the strongest it could be and smith is not the best back flanker in the comp otherwise he would b playing next wednesday night.

McPhee said:
cannot believe that smith got overlooked...clearly one of the best players in the aps, dominated scotch and dominated tac when he plays. surprise in deed
id have to agree i believe smith would have a spot in the best 18

bigbobby33 said:
you fools, ellis and josh kennedy are in yr 11 and theyre playing!
they both made team.
smith riols and nath didnt make the team because they wernt good enough for what the selectors needed to win. they lack physicality and are sometimes overated because they played a solid game. the team picked is the strongest it could be and smith is not the best back flanker in the comp otherwise he would b playing next wednesday night.

big bustling bobby i can't agree more mate

the ags team had a match yesterday against the ballarat schools...although this will not be anywhere near the team that will play the aps as it was minus pegs and assumption boys. however the ags had a three point win after being down by 7 goals at some stage during the match. this win was over a team that included a few blokes from st pats and a fair few tac cup players, so it shows that they should be a fair side when the quality of the pegs and assumption boys come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS v AGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back