Recommitted Archie Perkins [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine he'll stay. Probably worth pick 5-10 so given he's out of contract a pick 10-15 would get it done if he nominates his destination.

If he wants to come to Geelong I'd happily hand over our first pick assuming it's somewhere outside the top 10.
So, he's worth less now than he was pre-draft?

2020 was the covid draft and clearly early picks were worth less given many players hadn't played. I'd say he's gone from pick 7 in a very weak, uncertain draft to about pick 7 in a good draft.
I don’t think you’d get him for less than two firsts, one a top 10. A second back. He’s the most promising small we’ve had since Merret started.

I don’t think you’d get him for less than two firsts, one a top 10. A second back. He’s the most promising small we’ve had since Merret started.

So two first round picks (top 10) would rate him higher then jeremy cameron trade who was 3 picks haha

Tannar Bruuhn trade is about right one 1 1st at best (7ish to 18)

So two first round picks (top 10) would rate him higher then jeremy cameron trade who was 3 picks haha

He is better than Bruhn (or at least we can say he has shown more than Bruhn had at the time he was traded)

He is not worth two firsts though.

I said one a top 10.

24 touches 2 goals 12 tackles 8 clearances
21 touches 3 tackles 7 clearances
20 touches 3 tackles 2 clearances
16 touches 1 goal 2 tackles 3 clearances (in a half of footy before hurting himself)
20 touches 1 goal 4 tackles 3 clearances
22 touches 1 goal 6 tackles 2 clearances

That’s 6 of 8 top quality games, with many believing he was one of the ones getting over the flu vs Richmond.

Top three at the club for pressure acts per game
Vying with Merrett for our best kick into the F50.

Bruhn is averaging less disposals, marks, goals and is nowhere near as good a user.

I imagine he'll stay. Probably worth pick 5-10 so given he's out of contract a pick 10-15 would get it done if he nominates his destination.

If he wants to come to Geelong I'd happily hand over our first pick assuming it's somewhere outside the top 10.

i love hypotheticals and this is a bad one.

If it came to it, you aren't getting Perkins for anything outside a top 10 pick, even if out of contract. IF he was contracted, you'd be giving a top 5 pick.

Why would we trade Perkins for LESS than drafted him for?

I said one a top 10.

16 touches 1 goal 2 tackles 3 clearances (in a half of footy before hurting himself)

That’s 6 of 8 top quality games, with many believing he was one of the ones getting over the flu vs Richmond.

Bruhn is averaging less disposals, marks, goals and is nowhere near as good a user.
Bruhns numbers have a bit of an asterisk because, like all our mids, he averages about 60% ToG

Bruhns numbers have a bit of an asterisk because, like all our mids, he averages about 60% ToG

Yeah people don't realise our players TOG% is way lower than other teams so their numbers suffer.

Hence why it took until the Melbourne game in Round 8 for someone to crack over 30 disposals for the game (Max Holmes)

It's not comparable if you aren't using per minute differentials

Yeah people don't realise our players TOG% is way lower than other teams so their numbers suffer.

Hence why it took until the Melbourne game in Round 8 for someone to crack over 30 disposals for the game (Max Holmes)

It's not comparable if you aren't using per minute differentials

I think we're getting pedantic here.

That's like saying St. Kilda struggle to score, so their games don't quite go for as long as there is less time on. So while they're % of game time might be higher, the overall minutes that they're actually playing could be lower.

I think we're getting pedantic here.

That's like saying St. Kilda struggle to score, so their games don't quite go for as long as there is less time on. So while they're % of game time might be higher, the overall minutes that they're actually playing could be lower.
The difference is huge though, it's pretty material

The St Kilda example is a few minutes. Our mids play around a full quarter less football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said one a top 10.

And he’s a flipping pea hearted 🔔🔚

I said one a top 10.

You have over valued his trade value big time. henry was going at 1.5 goals a game in his 2nd year, the horne went for one pick inside 10 and 15ish . just will never happen. i'd bank the top 10 and move on if it happened

He played one good game in the middle then the week after did his hammy,

bailey scott was top 3 in north bnf does that make him elite?

I don't know why we're fighting about Perkins vs Bruhn, but let's do a little comparison for sh*ts and giggles.

CBA's
1716995190582.png
1716995363944.png
Perkins CBA's this year 115 in 8 games (14.3 a game )
Bruhn CBA's this year 157 in 9 games (17.4 a game )

1716995482867.png
1716995518688.png
Perkins averages 69% TOG which if we assume the average game is 120minutes that's 82mins of game time.
Bruhn averages 65% TOG which if we assume the average game is 120minutes that's 78mins of game time.

Not much separating them really.
Even their best game to date is quite similar.

Perkins
1716996000068.png

Bruhn
1716996022031.png

At first glance, they may appear quite comparable. However, Perkins has him beat in raw sex appeal!
Three top 10 picks should just about do it!

Last edited:
i love hypotheticals and this is a bad one.

If it came to it, you aren't getting Perkins for anything outside a top 10 pick, even if out of contract. IF he was contracted, you'd be giving a top 5 pick.

Why would we trade Perkins for LESS than drafted him for?

Fair point - we should get a top 3 pick for Will Phillips. Why should we trade him for less than we drafted him?

End of the day Perkins has played 1 good game in 2024. No team is giving a top 10 pick for him.

He is consistently inconsistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Archie Perkins [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back