Are the Swans done?

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Still top of the ladder, only 1 more win of the last 3 will clinch a top 4 spot. They could still finish with 16-17 wins.

Likely a gastro issue tonight.

I'm not writing them off yet and would favour them to recover from this type of loss more than just about anyone.

112 point win is out of this world! Premiers don't lose by 100+ in the home and away season.
Are the Swans done? Does a bear shit in the woods?
Swans form has been suspect for a month now.
Not sure who is the new favorurite now, maybe Port?
Sack Hinkley thread #13 will be funny reading if they win it

No. Still top of the ladder, only 1 more win of the last 3 will clinch a top 4 spot. They could still finish with 16-17 wins.

Likely a gastro issue tonight.

I'm not writing them off yet and would favour them to recover from this type of loss more than just about anyone.
I reckon no premier in the last 20-30 years has had a 100 point loss in the season, let alone in a month before finals. I don't have facts to back that up, just a hunch.

112 point win is out of this world! Premiers don't lose by 100+ in the home and away season.
Are the Swans done? Does a bear shit in the woods?
Swans form has been suspect for a month now.
Not sure who is the new favorurite now, maybe Port?
Sack Hinkley thread #13 will be funny reading if they win it
It's happened before

It's happened before

Really? I read somewhere that no side has ever lost by 100+ points and gone on to win the flag that season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon no premier in the last 20-30 years has had a 100 point loss in the season, let alone in a month before finals. I don't have facts to back that up, just a hunch.

Probably won't find any in the AFL era

Closest I can remember was 2004 when we beat Port by 92 points. We did lead by 110 in that game.

Swans had been extremely arrogant this year. I cannot believe they simply refused to address their poor starts. They got out of jail a few times as Heeney and Warner were on fire. But they didn't seem to learn. Very poor coaching.

Many Swans fans did not care either, arguing that we were winning so it shouldn't matter, but there were a lot of us that saw it as a symptom of a larger problem.

For me the problem is pressure. The reason opposition teams played well in the first quarter against us is that the beginning of games the pressure is usually the highest, players are able to run, the motivation is also at its highest and Sydney could not cope with it, it did not allow us to play how we wanted. Then though in games the pressure would go down and allow the Swans to play how we wanted, and dominate those parts of the game. The problem is we always needed the pressure to go down before we did that, we couldn't do it when the opposition was really trying.

It felt unsustainable to me as I worried about finals, and how teams would not lower their pressure levels in finals like they do during the home and away season, but turns out I was mistaken as we have allowed the bottom to fall out way sooner than I thought.

Apply pressure to the Swans, tackle hard, don't let us get free players and we can't cope, we can't break out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Swans done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back