Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL at the contestants reaction to when Rove says "It's a 1st grade question". She doesnt really know if its meant to be a joke as its so bad.

It's taken a while, but I have just realised what it is about this show that's been bugging me - even without me seeing it. It's not the potential for annoying brats flooding our screens. It's not even Rove. It's the title. Does anyone in this country actually refer to kids as "5th graders"? Don't they mean "Grade 5s"?

It's been a while since I was in Grade 5, but surely we haven't got that Americanised yet, have we?

It's taken a while, but I have just realised what it is about this show that's been bugging me - even without me seeing it. It's not the potential for annoying brats flooding our screens. It's not even Rove. It's the title. Does anyone in this country actually refer to kids as "5th graders"? Don't they mean "Grade 5s"?

It's been a while since I was in Grade 5, but surely we haven't got that Americanised yet, have we?

Well almost every one on this board uses "z" instead of "s" to spell realise, generalise etc its getting pretty bad now.

Next thing we will pronounce "z" as zee :thumbsdown:

Always been 5th grade in Sydney

Its the bloody jingle..just look at the title of this thread and presto the jingles in your head now.

Arghhhh get it out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is on at 8:45pm next Wednesday..........will be CREAMED by the Chaser

Why, why, why do TV shows insist on putting things on at random times like this? Why not on the half hour as they've done for so long? It really pisses me off!

I'm not watching any crud that insists on using "fifth grader" when people in Australia don't talk like that, but Spicks and Specks is on, so I wouldn't be watching anything other than that anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back