Senior Arie Schoenmaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Very promising.

As noted needs more work on defensive positioning & spoiling a mark but he has got an elite skill with that left boot. Very few of our current playing list are elite at anything so got to keep going with him & no doubt Enright will be tutoring him. Hopefully his is prepared to do the work as he is an exciting talent.

Look I loved his offensive game too. But gun he is not till he improves his defensive game.
should be told to back himself in, look long and hit the target thats running to space 50+ meters away
just a few out of position defensive things but hell we expect that and no big thing at all

Yes, but he still needs to master them. Some defenders never do.
must play the rest of the year

Agree with this. Or at least many games anyway.

His kicking will get over zones. Showed it a couple of times last night.
That kickout that opened the field ( them the deliberate trip on Owens) is what he is capable of doing.

When in midfield can kick it to the fat side to free players like his first kick.
bj was a weapon doing that. Arie will be too.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. The main criticism from his VFL performances was his defensive work, which was his main weak point last night which should explain why there were those comments.
That was the only 'knock' on Arie Brut.

The coaches were a tad concerned about his 'defensive' side of his game.

Once they were confident that he'd progressed . ......in he'd come.

And here we are.

A great start from him last night at the "Gabbatoir.

And what a venue to debut....talk about being thrown into the Lions den....pun intended

Can't wait to see him progress from here on.

Exciting !!!!!

Look I loved his offensive game too. But gun he is not till he improves his defensive game.

Scooby Doo No GIF

gun

His kicking will get over zones. Showed it a couple of times last night.
That kickout that opened the field ( them the deliberate trip on Owens) is what he is capable of doing.

When in midfield can kick it to the fat side to free players like his first kick.
bj was a weapon doing that. Arie will be too.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The trick to using this weapon is to actually not let Arie take the kickouts every time. Park him in the Back Pocket, 30m dinky kick to Arie from Full Back, then his 60m bomb will clear all zones to the wing.

Can’t believe he went into that environment and looked like a 200 gamer. He’s a big unit too, I know everyone thinks he’s a flanker but he’s too tall to be one IMO, think he’ll end up as a third tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe he went into that environment and looked like a 200 gamer. He’s a big unit too, I know everyone thinks he’s a flanker but he’s too tall to be one IMO, think he’ll end up as a third tall.
He’s got Steven May defe by done potential with a kick like BJ. As I’ve said. Could completely change the dynamic of our back line.

I made a full highlights video but YouTube is copywriting it. It’s too large to post here so if anyone has some expertise please dm. Would love to share
uploading to streamable.com could be an option, its free and doesn't have watermarks

Picking up guys in the 60s that end up elite can be a total game changer.

Hopefully he's reformed and won't end up being a problem child. So far his attitude and personality seem very good. Obviously clubs had questions over his off field because he was a highly rated kid.

Can see him being a bit of a James Sicily type as he gets older but with better longer kicking. His ability to rack up possessions for where he plays is very similar.

Hopefully he's reformed and won't end up being a problem child. So far his attitude and personality seem very good. Obviously clubs had questions over his off field because he was a highly rated kid.

Can see him being a bit of a James Sicily type as he gets older but with better longer kicking. His ability to rack up possessions for where he plays is very similar.
It seems to have worked in our favour because he got the wake up call by falling so far in the draft. I'm really glad we had the guts to pick him, it's the kind of luck we need without academy access etc. We need to take the breaks where we find them and this certainly looks like one.

Still holding out hope that Pou turns into another major slider.

I guess Mad Monday will tell us everything we need to know ... I hope he decides that he likes the big time ...

More seriously, I'm excited by his potential, and the fact he can hit a target at decent range ... would love him to be considered the steal of his draft in a couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back