Teams Arizona Cardinals - The Buzzsaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellington going beast mode secures the game, i can't remember the last time we had a running game this decent.

In my time watching the Cardinals we have never ever had a legit run game, even with Edge James we didn't have one.

A telling fortnight ahead.
v Eagles
@ Boys

Will give a good indication as to where we really sit in the conference.
if we do knock of those 2 teams then we will be officially be on the national radar. Beating dallas at dallas would be huge, i mean literally.

who here would like the idea of Changing our nick name to "bird gang" ?

who here would like the idea of Changing our nick name to "bird gang" ?
Cardinals is good, bird gang is a ****ing sick nickname but not the "Arizona Bird Gang" haha.

Ps. 7-1, somebody stop us!!!

Cardinals is good, bird gang is a ******* sick nickname but not the "Arizona Bird Gang" haha.

Ps. 7-1, somebody stop us!!!

Think he was referring to the thread nickname mate haha

This is something that should never happen during the season, especially to an experienced vet..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...inals-carson-palmer-signs-3year-50m-extension

Why? high jinx with the injury curse. NEVER fails.

…moving along now..

CardinalssayWHAT_zpsd38c3599.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see what your saying, but do you really think Palmer is that much better then Stanton?

I'm not super fussed, i don't think it paticularly makes a massive difference to how we will do later in the season.

I just find the idea of signing a 34 year old Palmer on a 3 year extension ($20mil guarantee :confused:) totally ludicrous considering the future is more about Logan Thomas. Even if a lingering spare parts nomad back up like Drew Stanton is his eighth season with a literal handful of starts over that long duration, why would you bother handing out a winning lottery ticket to a guy during the season? As a thank you for an NFL best 8-1 start?? Surely not.

I just find the idea of signing a 34 year old Palmer on a 3 year extension ($20mil guarantee :confused:) totally ludicrous considering the future is more about Logan Thomas. Even if a lingering spare parts nomad back up like Drew Stanton is his eighth season with a literal handful of starts over that long duration, why would you bother handing out a winning lottery ticket to a guy during the season? As a thank you for an NFL best 8-1 start?? Surely not.

Theres two arguments to be had there really isn't there.

1. Do you reward a guy for winning a few regular season games when he is 34, not in demand and still is yet to win a playoff.
Easy answer is no, you wait until the end of the season and reevaluate the market.

2. Is Stanton such a downgrade on Palmer that is kills any hopes of doing anything this season.
To me the answer is no, we aren't a QB driven offense. Essentially all Carson has been doing is managing the game and making a few plays here and there. I think Stanton can do this at a level close enough to make us successful.

The contract wasn't too bad though, the money guaranteed was only for next year. Logan Thomas is a huge project, the chance of him becoming a starter is low. Securing Palmer for the next 3 gave us some security in the position, while only guaranteeing a year of his wage.

Meantime… after the Cards made the post-season only to lose in annoying fashion vs the Black Cats.. Here's the summary of the ROSTER according to ProFootballfocus

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/16/2015-depth-charts-arizona-cardinals/

Ted Ginn Jr and Darrell Dockett already CUT loose. Looking at the LB situation.. I can see James Harrison getting a starting job pretty easily but coach Le Beau isn't there so it's gonna be a blessing for the Cards who will no doubt be drafting a new era on D.

Logan Thomas gets fewer snaps as Cardinals' third QB still undecided

Josh Weinfuss, ESPN Staff Writer

TEMPE, Ariz. -- If an out-of-touch spectator watched the Arizona Cardinals’ quarterbacks practice 11-on-11 Thursday, they’d have some idea of what their pecking order was.

It’d be clear that Carson Palmer was the starter but hampered by an injury and Drew Stanton was next in line. But then it would look like Phillip Sims was the third-string quarterback and Chandler Harnish was fourth. Perception, on Thursday, would've been reality. But the question would've become who was the fifth quarterback, in a black jersey standing on the sideline holding his helmet?

Logan Thomas was not part of the quarterback rotation during 11-on-11 drills during the last OTA. Stanton, who takes the first-team drills in place of Palmer while he continues to recover from ACL surgery, was followed by Sims and then Harnish. The trio would gather between the hash marks in between plays while Thomas stood near the sideline.

On one throw, Sims threw a beautiful 65-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Spadola. The defense wanted offensive pass interference to be called, but coach Bruce Arians ruled the play a touchdown.

Arians said Sims' reps were a matter of the rotation. Thursday was simply Sims’ day.

“He’s done a really good job,” Arians said. “That thing will just keep going back and forth, so you want to keep the reps fairly equal. Logan had a ton of them (Wednesday), so it was (Sims’) turn (Thursday).”

But Arians gave a one-word answer when asked if either Thomas, Sims or Harnish had emerged as the clear-cut third quarterback during OTAs: “No.”

Other position battles included:

• Kick returner: During the opening period of practice, John Brown was first in line to receive kicks, followed by J.J. Nelson and Brittan Golden. At one point, Damond Powell tried to go ahead of the group but was told to go to the back of the line.

• Wide receiver: By not having Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd on the field Thursday, Arians was able to get a good look at his small, fast receivers. Brown, Golden, Nelson and Jaron Brown took the majority of the snaps. Arians felt Nelson had a chance to make a couple plays but only came down with one. “They did OK,” Arians said. “(John) Smokey (Brown) had a great OTAs. Jaron Brown has been real steady.”

Love the Brown's at WR, both explosive and both can make big plays.

Would love to see Sims as third string QB as well, maybe play a half or two in the pre-season.

you are forgetting about jj nelson as well. imagine a 5 wide out set. one side have larry and mike, on the other side have a john brown, jaron baron and jj nelson in a bunch formation. That would be so epic

you can use nelson and brown to get the safeties away from the cornerbacks. Then target mike based on the CB he is matched up on

As long as you have Carson Palmer throwing. As I was right about last year, Palmer the last few years has gotten to that stage of his career where he is injury prone, a lot of niggling injuries, elbow tendonitis, and other random injuries that occur, old man Palmer....and that if he should go down, the Cards are fvcked.

You guys really need a run game though
mm we do.... I am anxious to see what david joshnon ou our 3rd round pick can do once he has the pads on. TO me i see a young levelon bell in the making. Apparently he has excellent skills as a wider receiver but we are yet to find out how he is running between the tackles.

As long as you have Carson Palmer throwing. As I was right about last year, Palmer the last few years has gotten to that stage of his career where he is injury prone, a lot of niggling injuries, elbow tendonitis, and other random injuries that occur, old man Palmer....and that if he should go down, the Cards are fvcked.
that's why we have invested very heavily into our O-line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Arizona Cardinals - The Buzzsaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back