Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

u need to get over luke ball and the saints dude - ball did nothing at the saints and was earning 500k+ which they no longer wanted to pay him so much cos we all know he aint worth it and now he's gettin it from u guys - no need to put the young fella down afterall he does have a lot more upside than ball and who knows they might go head to head in future and ball might get toweled up and you'd go hiding

It's not us that needs to get over it. It never has been. It's always been Saints supporters that bring it up.

It's not us that needs to get over it. It never has been. It's always been Saints supporters that bring it up.

Yeah right :rolleyes: You can be posing on a thread about the "possibilities of cold fusion as a future energy supply" and some Collingwood supporter will manage to come up with a reason to mention Luke Ball when he see's you are a Saints supporter.

Armo is an elite.

Surely that gives us double compo picks??? :p

Seriously, who decides what you get for what player?

The afl determines the combo....the only thing armitage has going for him is his early round draft pick a few years back.

The AFL will consider alot of variables:
*The draft pick the player was taken
*B&F and other awards
* Games played

Bottom line is, Armitage is well behind in development for a midfielder taken at pick 9, because he is in a team with great midfield talent. The saints would get a better deal trading with other clubs then combo from the GC. So if he goes to the GC doen't expect great things in return ;)

I'm pretty sure he would move clubs. If someone offered him a house on the same block as a school i think he would definitely go.:thumbsu:

Pretty sure that if he moves it will be to the GC for money.

Thing is he's had plenty of opportunities to cement a spot in the Saints side, but he hasn't managed to do it. Maybe he'll feel better about himself if he's a big fish in a small pond.

As for Mr Rude, his sense of humour indicates that he is probably younger than any of David Armitage's girlfriends ( who was not underage despite the myths propogated on BF ).

Pretty sure that if he moves it will be to the GC for money.

The thing is the GC may not throw extra cash at him as he hasn't proven himself...The GC are targeting established extra players with any extra money. Also, A player like Armitage would have to think long and hard at going to a club with a heap of top end talent, as there will be a big fit for spots with all the youngsters.

I think the Lions could match the GC for a guy like Armitage, and given the state of our roster Armiatge would be a show in for 22 games, which would be a reason why he could choose the lions. But time will tell...in the mean time I will con't to dream. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey saints fans any news where young armo is heading????

I spoke to him at the B&F. He has signed a one year contract with the view that if he feels that he is given enough opportunity next year he will sign a 2-3 year contract but if he feels that he hasn't had a good enough go at it, he will move clubs.

I spoke to him at the B&F. He has signed a one year contract with the view that if he feels that he is given enough opportunity next year he will sign a 2-3 year contract but if he feels that he hasn't had a good enough go at it, he will move clubs.

True?

If so, even I can agree with that. Here's hoping we give him a shot next year!

If he can replicate that last quarter against Freo (still fresh in my mind) more often, he's easily in our best 22.

Are you certain he signed a 1 year deal?

From what I hear Essendon are still interested and if a suitable trade can not be made, the PSD is an option.

Sherman + pick if you're offering that, Armitage was a #9 and you'd have to compete with the GC in terms of picks they can throw around for players.
He was drafted in 2006, so the pick he was taken at is pretty much irrelevant in trade negotiations.

Since he is 22 (born June so a recent birthday as well) so he'd command more than say Ball would given he was 25 when drafted by the Pies (since Panther decided to troll already).
It's safe to say that once you're 22, no-one gives a shit what month your birthday is in.

Armitage will stay a Saint for 2011.... its a huge year for him. If he doesnt consolidate at senior level next year then he will almost certainly be on the move end of next season.

Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back