No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

Brave of Lingy to raise the stakes on inconsequential views almost a decade down the track.

He must’ve been too busy to offer this opinion at the time

Brave of Lingy to raise the stakes on inconsequential views almost a decade down the track.

I think he offered the alternate view (says as much about Jobe's brownlow) at the time and has since reflected. He'd have gone the way of who the **** is Dale Lewis had he offered it at the time though.

this was mentioned a weekend or two ago on the abc sunday afl broadcast

this was mentioned a weekend or two ago on the abc sunday afl broadcast

Meant it more in the context of at the time, he seemed perfectly comfortably with the playing group being hung out to dry and the coach being bullied into a suicide attempt.

I don’t really care if he has an unpopular opinion now, because there are no stakes.

Meant it more in the context of at the time, he seemed perfectly comfortably with the playing group being hung out to dry and the coach being bullied into a suicide attempt.

I don’t really care if he has an unpopular opinion now, because there are no stakes.
There kind of is, if it were to be re-examined properly there's a possibility that would question the goings on at Geelong in Ling's time, the different standard we were held to to the rest of the comp (moreso demons and bock, but it opens up)

There kind of is, if it were to be re-examined properly there's a possibility that would question the goings on at Geelong in Ling's time, the different standard we were held to to the rest of the comp (moreso demons and bock, but it opens up)
I reckon that was the toughest part to swallow for me.

Not the bans without actual proof
Not the AFL's blatant corruption
Not the media's bloodthirst

It never sat well with me that Essendon were crucified for what several other clubs were almost certainly doing. One other I know of for sure, plus the ones you mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It never sat well with me that Essendon were crucified for what several other clubs were almost certainly doing. One other I know of for sure, plus the ones you mention.
almost all clubs are doing it, that’s my true conspiratorial belief, we just self reported and got ****ed for it. made an example of, whatever

The thing that annoys me most is we went along with the AFL and self reported and did our own review. That review ****ed us with WADA and should never have been done. Club should have done what the NRL clubs did and simply say you can prove it. We are not reporting.

It is very clear these days that WADA is fundamentally corrupt & probably has been since day dot. Reinstate Jobe's Brownlow & offer all players an apology is the least the AFL should do. I wont hold my breath tho.
Agree. I highly recommend the Good Wife episode on CAS: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2559910/

That won't happen.
It is very clear these days that WADA is fundamentally corrupt & probably has been since day dot. Reinstate Jobe's Brownlow & offer all players an apology is the least the AFL should do. I wont hold my breath tho.
That won't happen.

it seems unfathomable that any kind of re-examination would lead to anything. All our evidence is still there and possible evidence from any other club has had another 10 years to disintegrate. We were the ones that had the cowboys around the joint when the **** hit the fan and the phones could be seized, the invoices gathered up & the players forced to do interviews. It is what it is. Two years earlier, two years later, things are maybe different. (As it is, Geelong's records were already looked at in 2013, so again it just seems unfathomable that anything new will be discovered)

as far as I'm concerned, we threw the toys out of the pram during the last year of Knights' reign and allowed a bunch of legends and mates of the blokes to come into the club with minimal oversight and then Dank mixed up which thymosin's were legal [I do believe that Dank probably did just make a mistake, and because the whole place was incompetent and/or scared of speaking up, no-one noticed] and so 34 players got banned because a bunch of idiots were running a sloppy shop

almost all clubs are doing it, that’s my true conspiratorial belief, we just self reported and got ****ed for it. made an example of, whatever

to a certain extent, it doesn't matter if the the other clubs were doing it or not. People in the club believed they were and that started the chain of events. That's why Hird asked ASADA in 2011 if any clubs were using peptides and that's why we pushed ahead with it even after ASADA was concerned enough to call a meeting with the AFL and Hird/Corcoran/Hamilton and the AFL basically said please do not go down that path.

it seems unfathomable that any kind of re-examination would lead to anything. All our evidence is still there and possible evidence from any other club has had another 10 years to disintegrate. We were the ones that had the cowboys around the joint when the **** hit the fan and the phones could be seized, the invoices gathered up & the players forced to do interviews. It is what it is. Two years earlier, two years later, things are maybe different. (As it is, Geelong's records were already looked at in 2013, so again it just seems unfathomable that anything new will be discovered)

as far as I'm concerned, we threw the toys out of the pram during the last year of Knights' reign and allowed a bunch of legends and mates of the blokes to come into the club with minimal oversight and then Dank mixed up which thymosin's were legal [I do believe that Dank probably did just make a mistake, and because the whole place was incompetent and/or scared of speaking up, no-one noticed] and so 34 players got banned because a bunch of idiots were running a sloppy shop

to a certain extent, it doesn't matter if the the other clubs were doing it or not. People in the club believed they were and that started the chain of events. That's why Hird asked ASADA in 2011 if any clubs were using peptides and that's why we pushed ahead with it even after ASADA was concerned enough to call a meeting with the AFL and Hird/Corcoran/Hamilton and the AFL basically said please do not go down that path.
Robson got off a bit too lightly as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

Back