Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we can

Even with all our injuries we were hesitant to pick him and even when we did give him that lifeline against the Dogs(?) he did absolutely zero.

It's quite possible he's content being an ok VFL player and isn't interested in the discipline and sacrifices required to be an AFL player.
Yes, it was the Dogs. I was at that game and was keen to see AJ's running patterns and positioning live (off camera work). Apart from one kick which hit its target he did SFA. His effort - or lack thereof - was appalling. I wanted so much for him to develop into the talent he obviously has but he clearly does not have the willingness to do what is required.
I feel his time has been and gone. Waste.

Yes, it was the Dogs. I was at that game and was keen to see AJ's running patterns and positioning live (off camera work). Apart from one kick which hit its target he did SFA. His effort - or lack thereof - was appalling. I wanted so much for him to develop into the talent he obviously has but he clearly does not have the willingness to do what is required.
I feel his time has been and gone. Waste.
Agree with this. First seen Ash in a VFL game against Cats and I thought at time this kids got so much talent and if he applies himself, has the makings of a really good AFL footballer. So yeah, he's become such a laconic waste of talent, imagine if he had the dedication, application and 'heart' of a Brody Mihocek, the guy would never get dropped from playing AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back