Ashley Mcgrath - Absolutely Discusting Act

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll explain it for those who are a bit empty upstairs.

- 2 weeks ago Scott Thompson bumps Hall while Hall tried to do up his laces.

- Thompson was then labeled as a disgusting footballer and a thread was made on big footy where anyone and everyone added their hatred toward him.

- Last night a similar thing happened to Lindsay Thomas by Ashley McGrath yet nobody labels Ashley as disgusting and the media aren't going crazy over it.

- theduckfan creates a thread expressing the joke that was the Hall and Thompson incident by using sarcasm to express his view.

The End

It just proves that the whole thing was a MASSIVE over reaction by all of you who participated in the assault on Scott's character, and that the media just wanted some Hall headlines.

I hope you all feel really stupid for being lead so easily by the media into believing it was a disgusting act instead of realising it goes on every week and nobody cares. The sad thing is that most of you probably don't even realise you've been lead like sheep.

Agreed that nobody should have assassinated Thompson's character over that incident, but there are two sides to this.

There were many North supporters who were assassinating Barry Hall's character (further) for reacting to Thompson. If Thomas had reacted to McGrath's baiting, would North fans be calling his a thug and talking about how poor McGrath's life was in danger and suggesting Thomas should be suspended?

This thread definitely calls out the hypocrisy of those who bagged Thompson, but also questions those who had a go at Hall.

My opinion has always been the same. Thompson tried to get Hall off his game, more power to him. If he gave away a free kick, then fair enough too. Doesn't make him a lowlife, does the crime, does the time, play on. Hall for his part was made to look a bit silly getting knocked around by a smaller guy like that, could have lost a bit of face, but showed his physical superiority without completely losing it. Question asked, question answered. Thompson got under his skin - big tick for him. Hall took back the ascendancy without getting suspended - big tick for him.

Seriously, what Scott Thompson did was nothing and was actually funny. The same goes for McGrath, both boys are probably having a beer right now as we speak. McGrath and LT were certainly laughing at it.

BF are a bunch of pussies.

Spot on. But include the media in the pussies comment. :thumbsu:

I wonder if Thomas had put McGrath in a headlock straight after the push, would Brisbane have got a free kick?

Amazing that some of the anti-North flogs have missed the point of this thread. A defender pushes his opponent over while he's doing up his laces? Nothing praiseworthy, but nothing heinous either. Maybe worth a free kick, at best.

2 weeks ago, we had Thompson vilified, we had idiots demanding he be suspended (for what????), we had Gieschen congratulating Hall for 'only' putting Thompson in a headlock, we had Walls calling for someone to break Thompson's jaw (and no, I'm not making that up).

When McGrath does the same thing, these same BF & media flogs have nothing to say. Curious, no?

By the way, points to Fev for showing a sense of humour : at the start of the game, Thompson stood next to him, and he immediately got down on one knee to re-tie his laces. :D

Did McGrath give him about 20 free hits to the kidneys leading up to it, lol at stupid Roo supporters acting like that 1 isolated incident started it all, you know full well it was a culmination of all of Thompsons cheap shots.

Move on, you're just looking foolish now.

Did McGrath give him about 20 free hits to the kidneys leading up to it, lol at stupid Roo supporters acting like that 1 isolated incident started it all, you know full well it was a culmination of all of Thompsons cheap shots.

Hall should've got rubbed out for that headlock though, next player who gets another in a headlock and gets reported will be able to say 'but Bawwy didn't get rubbed out your honour'.
They've set an ugly precedent and the game is poorer for it.

I'll tell you who's looking foolish. A BF poster who makes up stuff that he/she did not even see. Where's your video evidence showing all of these so-called cheap shots by Thompson, and where's your evidence showing McGrath's entire game, where he totally left Lindsay Thomas alone up until that point?

Additionally, since when did niggling by defenders on forwards suddenly become cheap shots, or is that only when North players do it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL what the hell is wrong with doing this???

Nothing. The thread was created in sarcasm, too see what the bf communities reaction is to it this time around that the deed happened to a north player, there shouldn't be a difference but clearly there is... Why?

LOL.

Good thread, should be in the bay though.
Probably, just like the original Scott Thompson/Barry Hall thread should have gone, instead it got blown way out of proportion by BF, media the lot, Scotty was attacked.. Same has not happened with McGrath, and nor should it.

Never gonna happen.

Only the AFL's protected species the Bulldogs get special treatment like that.

Get the most in charity money off the AFL.

Have a special committee set up by the AFL to look after their interests.

Though I suppose when you've only won one flag and that was a million years ago, you need all the help you can get.

Probably, just like the original Scott Thompson/Barry Hall thread should have gone, instead it got blown way out of proportion by BF, media the lot, Scotty was attacked.. Same has not happened with McGrath, and nor should it.

Mods are slipping.
The HUN needs MODS too I reckon.

Love to see a few hack journos get a "red card" for a week or two.

Hall should've got rubbed out for that headlock though, next player who gets another in a headlock and gets reported will be able to say 'but Bawwy didn't get rubbed out your honour'.
They've set an ugly precedent and the game is poorer for it.

How many "headlocks" have caused a suspension in the history of the AFL? maybe 1 or 2?? i'm not sure, a fine, which Hall recieved, is the precedent set for headlocks, the game is better for it.

Forget the headlock, i cant wait for the next 70 odd pages expressing outrage at this incident

But i have a feeling the sequel might only be one piece of popcorn worthy. This is why they never had a TitanicII.

On a similar note, I read today that Eddie Betts was reprimanded by team-mates for giving Aaron Davey a friendly pat on the head at 1/4 time. This was against the team strategy as they had targetted Davey for non-stop niggle. Given the widespread condemnation of Thompson for daring to niggle Hall the other week, I expect the media & BF will be full of outrage directed at the Blues...................:rolleyes:

Seriously, what Scott Thompson did was nothing and was actually funny. The same goes for McGrath, both boys are probably having a beer right now as we speak. McGrath and LT were certainly laughing at it.

BF are a bunch of pussies.

Spot on.

What Thommo did was part of the game - niggling, annoying, distracting. If there's a problem with it then a free kick should suffice.

What McGrath did was part of the game - niggling, annoying, distracting. Again, if there's a problem with it then a free kick should suffice.

Happens every week. Happens to the Judds, Harveys, Abletts, Mitchells of this world and always will.

The thing is most people don't then attempt to strangle the offender. Champions like Judd, Ablett just get on with it. Hall on the other hand has some serious problems. He shouldn't be playing any more.

The hypocrisy is clear - when Thommo did it, BF world went into lord of the flies mode with "weak" "disgusting" "dog" generally being the order of the day.

But when it happens a few weeks later, with no strangling incident to highlight it, no one really cares and the world moves on - which is the way it should.

BF are a bunch of pussies. And so many (from all clubs, certainly including mine) love to jump on the bandwagon and attack someone when the opportunity arises and everyone else is doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashley Mcgrath - Absolutely Discusting Act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back