Ashley Sampi

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys our midfield sucks, small forwards are not what we need. Especially Sampi who to be honest hasnt been that great over his career. Sure he bobs up for the occasional contender for Mark of the year and a couple of goals but he is consistently ordinary. Unless we took him in the PSD I wouldnt want him. He isnt worth a pick at any stage of the draft.

We have to stop looking at recycled players. Youth is the way to go.

We want guys who play contested footy and don't go missing in big games, not small forwards who play a couple of good games a year if their lucky. Sampi doesn't even look interested in playing footy, let alone turning his game around to be a consistent performer.

Medhurst>>>>>>>>T-Lo>>>>>>>>Sampi.

Medhurst>>>>>>>>T-Lo>>>>>>>>Sampi.

Monkey boy would be cherry ripe in 08-09. In fact we could have used him this year.

As for Sampi if we have any money left over and the Club wants to throw a lifeline and possibly get a talented young bloke who has troubles who may turn into a 'man' on a mission then he could be worth a gamble.

Lucky it isn't me who decides.

C'mon dom - credit where it's due... Happy has at least looked like he's busting his gut in the last couple of games he's played...

Yeah fair call. But I prefer big nockers. :D

Gilmore was good in the first quarter yesterday but I can't see what role he plays going forward. Cook and Webster bust their gut too.

Happy Gilmore is one of my favorite movies.
I always cheer when I watch Might Ducks.

....and I'm a Freo supporter.:D

Did we all know if we had of won instead of 'Dynamite' by ACDC, we would have heard 'The Department of Youth' by Alice Cooper.

Oh well. What could have been:(

Buy low, sell high. Sampi's value is at an all time low. Freo is Sampi's only hope. He couldn't make it in another city.
But does he actually want to play football?
Probably not but he might.

I think we should get Farmer and co. to sound him out. If he is desperate for another chance I think its worth the risk. Pre season draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sampi failed to show at WCE last week after his "compassionate leave" in Broome (according to Ch10), and is not returning calls from either the club or his manager.

I seriously don't think we need or want to go down that path...

Good luck to the young fella - I really hope he gets his life sorted, but not at the expense of the drafting and development of a young player at the Freo Footy Club.

Don't be so short sighted.

Aboriginality is celebrated at Fremantle. Thier is a strong brotherhood amongst the players who identify with the Aboriginal people. Fremantle has always taken great care with family customs and respecting their individual needs.

Interestingly, during Worsfold reigns, not one Aboriginal player has been drafted by the Eagles. Culminating in only 2 Aboriginal players (Sampi + Wirrpanda) remaining on the list. The lowest in the AFL.

I wouldn't be surprised 1 bit if Sampi could come to Fremantle and turn it around. He would be a GREAT acquisition, presuming he comes cheaply.

I'm with you rgauci. Sampi would be like a fish out of water over there.

The only thing He and Wirra (a Victorian) have in common is their colour.

He seemed to be enjoying His footy at south's and played quite well when playing with the Wiz and Co.

Our boys would pull him into line quick smart.

i thinks its time we learnt not to take players from others clubs that want to come home or change clubs. this practice has really got us into this position and look at the talent we have missed by trading picks for players.rather have young guys who would give us the something rather than a guy who appears a tad lost . thanks but no thanks for me

Small forward is the most notoriously difficult possie to play. We already have the best and an apprentice. Farmer, Sampi and Collard can only play forward and will all be fighting for one spot. Bulldogs wil be happy though, getting 2 of those 3 guaranteed every week.

Dumb idea ...... imho.

Small forward is the most notoriously difficult possie to play. We already have the best and an apprentice. Farmer, Sampi and Collard can only play forward and will all be fighting for one spot. Bulldogs wil be happy though, getting 2 of those 3 guaranteed every week.

Dumb idea ...... imho.

Bull****. Look at Geelong. Somehow they fit in Ablett, Chapman, Varcoe and on occasion Stokes. Yes Ablett has moved into the midfield and Chapman is more of a HFF. But that is multiple small options in the forwardline.

We have to look at players when their price is low. Sampi is a perfect example. Who thought Rodan would be good value. Their are plenty of stories where players turn things around. Crowley is a good example.

Throw a late round pick at the eagles.

Fact remains ability wise he has it all...Just needs to get his head right.

To those of you reminding us of Polak...How is he going over at the Tigers?

New team , new start.

I wouldn't throw a half eaten Mars Bar at the Weasels for Sampi. I certainly wouldnt waste any picks on him.

If you really, really........... really wanted him, it looks like he'll be delisted so pcik him up in the pre-season... but I personally wouldnt think it would be a great idea considering he isnt interested in playing footy for the reigning premiers ATM.

Polak is in another city, Sampi will still be in Perth.... I just fail to see how he could lift his game & sort his personal issues so he would willingly bleed purple and represent with heart and the soul the purple horde each in every week.

If you can find him you can keep him. We can play a game of Wheres Sampi. Both fly to Broome, Whoever finds him first, gets him. Deal

If you can find him you can keep him. We can play a game of Wheres Sampi. Both fly to Broome, Whoever finds him first, gets him. Deal

So your saying all it will cost us is a return flight to Broome for Jeff Farmer.

McManus offers depth on the list...Sampi offers girth. Learn the difference.

McManus and depth... For ****s sake, can we all just let go already.

Heart and soul of the club... tough and puts his body on the line.

Fantastic. Keep him around as drinks person.

I am as fond as the tortoise and the hare fable as much as the next person. But his errors continue to be costly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashley Sampi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back