Ask, help, advice

Remove this Banner Ad

If you have any questions or want advice or help in say areas of where to build, cars, home maintenance or anything that doesn't already have a thread, post in here.

I have one that I would love some advice on.

I have lived in my unit for about 4 years (built in 2017) and in that time my Braemar gas ducted heating and cooling has broken down twice and it isn't inexpensive to fix. The unit has died again and at the moment I am using a couple of cheap heaters until I decide what to do.

I have been checking out split system air conditioners, one big one and two smaller for bedrooms.

After ringing around I have three quotes and I was told that because of my current system, rebates are available.

Rebates already deducted cost tom will be:.

One quote is for TCL brand name and will be $2999
Next quote is for Midea brand name and will be $3700
Final on Mitsubishi Electric brand name and will cost $5724.40

No-one quotes on the same brand although I have found one that does with Mitsubishi and is coming around today.

Anyone familiar with these systems, hard to compare and product review don't really help that much.

Maggie5 I personally wouldn't rely on a split system for warmth, ducted heating is miles head imo.
Depending upon the size of your unit maybe go for a couple of Nobo panel heaters.
If you are keen on a split system, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries or Panasonic would be my choice.
I'd stay away from Midea and TCL.

If you have any questions or want advice or help in say areas of where to build, cars, home maintenance or anything that doesn't already have a thread, post in here.

I have one that I would love some advice on.

I have lived in my unit for about 4 years (built in 2017) and in that time my Braemar gas ducted heating and cooling has broken down twice and it isn't inexpensive to fix. The unit has died again and at the moment I am using a couple of cheap heaters until I decide what to do.

I have been checking out split system air conditioners, one big one and two smaller for bedrooms.

After ringing around I have three quotes and I was told that because of my current system, rebates are available.

Rebates already deducted cost tom will be:.

One quote is for TCL brand name and will be $2999
Next quote is for Midea brand name and will be $3700
Final on Mitsubishi Electric brand name and will cost $5724.40

No-one quotes on the same brand although I have found one that does with Mitsubishi and is coming around today.

Anyone familiar with these systems, hard to compare and product review don't really help that much.
We have ducted gas for heating, and swampy for cooling.
But due to the issue of gas being possibly no longer a reliable source we installed two split systems last summer.
They certainly are value when the sun is shining and they cost zero to run.
But I agree with Maggie that as heating goes they are not a patch on the gas ducted. I hate the type of heat they produce and I feel that where I sit I get a cool breeze.
Having said that, for the three systems you have quoted do not go the TLC. Never heard of Midea. But Mitsubishi have a great reputation so if you can get the dollars together then go for it.
You can of course look around for deals on the units and then get quotes for installation. Should save you some dollars.
This is worth reading.

IMG_7620.jpeg

Thank you Anzacday and Black_White

I have just received the last quote (Mitsubishi Electric) and it is even higher.

At this stage, I think I will stay away from split system as an electrician I know said if it goes wrong (one) the others don't work either.

Think I might just go for one single unit in family/kitchen room Mitsubishi Bronte (has won award from Choice and Canstar) and a ceiling fan to spread the air. $2500. If I find it isn't enough, can always go back and get smaller ones for bedrooms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask, help, advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back