Podcast Ask Schoey: Will Schofield joins the BigFooty Eagles Pod

Remove this Banner Ad

1. What's the funniest chirp you've ever heard from an opponent on the field?
  2. What's the weirdest pre-game ritual you've ever witnessed from a teammate?
  3. If you were to write a self-help book for aspiring defenders, what would the title be?
  4. If you could switch lives with any ex teammate or current day player for a day, who would it be and why?
  5. What is the rule you'd get rid of or add to make the game better?

Would be cool if he could shed any light on the media strategy that the club has, and whether there's been an effort to change approach recently.

It's been a pretty consistent gripe on this board for many years that we get less actual footy content than other clubs, training footage etc.

Let him know he's under notice while you're there

Would love Schoey to discuss Eddie McGuires suggestion on mini gather rounds in Perth and Melbourne that reduces travel for WA teams.

Really good idea.

Eddie suggesting two Melbourne teams travel and stay a week in Perth. Their fans come across to watch two games in two rounds against the WA clubs.

Later both WA teams spend a week in Melbourne and play two games away.

Reduces travel all round for everyone and footy tourism gets a big boost.

Really good suggestion from McGuire and logical. Everyone wins. Everyone makes more money. Win win win.

Would love Schoey to discuss Eddie McGuires suggestion on mini gather rounds in Perth and Melbourne that reduces travel for WA teams.

Really good idea.

Eddie suggesting two Melbourne teams travel and stay a week in Perth. Their fans come across to watch two games in two rounds against the WA clubs.

Later both WA teams spend a week in Melbourne and play two games away.

Reduces travel all round for everyone and footy tourism gets a big boost.

Really good suggestion from McGuire and logical. Everyone wins. Everyone makes more money. Win win win.

Perth hubs ❌

East coast hubs ✅

I don't see why we would give any concessions to the Vics to reduce two possible trips to Optus by allowing them to button them up into one mobilization of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth hubs ❌

East coast hubs ✅

I don't see why we would give any concessions to the Vics to reduce two possible trips to Optus by allowing them to button them up into one mobilization of the club.

It reduces travel by two interstate trips per season allowing better recovery for our players.

We go away for 6 - 7 days on a trip which would be great for the lads to spend a week in Melbourne. Vic lads catch up with family and friends.

Non Vic players could take their partners or family for a little trip away.

Good bonding opportunity.

Lots of positives for us.

It reduces travel by two interstate trips per season allowing better recovery for our players.

We go away for 6 - 7 days on a trip which would be great for the lads to spend a week in Melbourne. Vic lads catch up with family and friends.

Non Vic players could take their partners or family for a little trip away.

Good bonding opportunity.

Lots of positives for us.

Absolutely get the benefits of staying over East to play back to back away games. Love that idea.

Just wouldn't be opening it up as a possibility for other clubs flying into WA to play.

This season there are 4 teams travelling to WA twice. Lions, Suns, Tigers, Demons

Perth hubs ❌

East coast hubs ✅

I don't mind it, would be a good spectacle and a good excuse for fans of the Vic team to come visit WA.

I don't mind it, would be a good spectacle and a good excuse for fans of the Vic team to come visit WA.

Only way I would support it is if two Vics flew here to hub. Each plays a WA team, then play each other, then home. No travel concessions to avoid multiple trips to Perth to play both teams.

If Yeo is staying, how crucial would he be to help guide and develop the likes of Reid, Ginbey, Hewitt, Chesser, Hall and 2024 midfield draftee?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back