Multiplat Assassin's Creed - Shadows - coming soon

Remove this Banner Ad

We are getting a recruiting system again. I am stoked since I loved it in Brotherhood and have been wanting it in the newer games.

pujr9amof13d1.jpeg

Looks good to me. As someone who likes playing the AC games with as much stealth as possible, it looks like it is going to be a blast. Heaps of people are saying it looks like Ghost of Tsushima but I have never played it so I don't know if that is the case or not.

Looks good to me. As someone who likes playing the AC games with as much stealth as possible, it looks like it is going to be a blast. Heaps of people are saying it looks like Ghost of Tsushima but I have never played it so I don't know if that is the case or not.

The comparisons are always going to happen when they're both third person action games with a similar setting. If you ever get a chance to play GoT though then do it. It's an amazing game. Many of the moment to moment gameplay parts will be similar to the newer AC games and you'll find them familar, but the world crafting, combat, story and acting shits on AC and that's no disrespect to the better parts of AC.

that has got me so much more excited for it than the 1st trailer.

I don't see why they bothered. If any Japanese fans have an issue then it is their own problem. When the game launches it literally says it is a work of fiction so getting angry about it is just moronic. Not once in any of the games have Ubisoft claimed any kind of historical accuracy.

Besides some loud and obviously motivated voices, the early criticism from Japanese from what I saw was every game had a fictional protagonist from the nationality of the setting and they wanted to know why that changed this time. I've watched enough street talks with Takashi from Japan to get a vibe as to how Japanese feel about being judged by westerners and understand why they have bit back as hard as they have on this whether I agree or not. Nobody is going to win this argument. Ubisoft will obviously push on and we'll accept it while the criticism from Japanese is too deeply in their culture to do the same. The game releases, Ubi take a loss in one market, we all move on.

The defence that it's fiction is fair unless I've missed the magical golden spheres at the museum but Ubisoft do still employ historical consultants so they are picking and choosing the bits they want. I don't mind creative license though as long as it's made clear (and it clearly is). There is way more wrong with the movie Gladiator 2 already but I still can't wait to watch it lol (and see how they butchered the timeline of my boy Severus).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knew watching straight away the Olympic torchbearer at the opening ceremony had Assassins creed Unity vibes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Assassin's Creed - Shadows - coming soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back