Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

The position of Fremantle Forwards Coach would be the kiss of death with our current setup.

WE have only 5 decent forwards - Switta who is injured 60% of the time, Sturt who is injured 100% of the time, Taberner who is injured 50% of time, Lobb who only turns up every other game and Schulz who is ok but is only 4ft tall.

People knock Hale but the club has given him nothing to work with.
Fair enough. But Sumich was given a midfield that headlined by Cousins, Judd and Kerr and it didn't do his career any good. If he built that midfield it is a different story.

Essn improved their scoring massively this year vs last (wouldn't have known it on Sunday) but they let their forward coach go yesterday.
Makes a good case for ball movement coach vs forward coach

IMO, the forward coach should be a former forward, and ideally a former KPF.

Reason being, when you see a KPF roaming up the ground and in a position to deliver a kick inside 50, they usually deliver the ball low and flat to a lead, exactly the way they would like it delivered to them.

When our wingers, midfielders or defenders kick inside 50, it's often a big high bomb to a contest. Sometimes it is the only option, but we seem to do it way too much.

We want to load up on KPFs at the draft, but they will be wasted if we can't get the ball to them in space. We need better connection. A forward coach that was a forward would understand this.

Reason being, when you see a KPF roaming up the ground and in a position to deliver a kick inside 50, they usually deliver the ball low and flat to a lead, exactly the way they would like it delivered to them.

When our wingers, midfielders or defenders kick inside 50, it's often a big high bomb to a contest. Sometimes it is the only option, but we seem to do it way too much.

We want to load up on KPFs at the draft, but they will be wasted if we can't get the ball to them in space. We need better connection. A forward coach that was a forward would understand this.

Ash Hansen?

Like David Hale?

Let's be honest, Hale could be a gun or a hack and we wouldn't know. Delivery into the forward line is garbage and not enough draft capital has been invested in the forward line.

Hale is getting out at the right time if he is going to Box Hill/Hawthorn. Hope the next guy is at least given a chance.

Like David Hale?

Let's be honest, Hale could be a gun or a hack and we wouldn't know. Delivery into the forward line is garbage and not enough draft capital has been invested in the forward line.

Hale is getting out at the right time if he is going to Box Hill/Hawthorn. Hope the next guy is at least given a chance.

Spot on. But the fact that we gave him the stand in head coach gig in front of more experienced people like Rock and Prior says a bit I reckon. So too getting the Box Hill job which the Hawks obviously put a lot of importance to, possibly points to him being well thought of at the very least.

Justin Leppitsch didnt coach this year, I reckon he would be a good get. Has always had good wraps on him as an assistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Leppitsch didnt coach this year, I reckon he would be a good get. Has always had good wraps on him as an assistant.
Word is he's in the door at Cottonwool with Macrae. Also word is that he doesn't necessarily want to be just an assistant anymore and is looking for a career progression type role.

Word is he's in the door at Cottonwool with Macrae. Also word is that he doesn't necessarily want to be just an assistant anymore and is looking for a career progression type role.
List manager I think

I would love to get Choco Williams in to help out, wherever he goes they seem to win flags, brilliant with the young kids. Will never happen but that is the sort of person I would love to see floating in the background so not only Longmuir but all our inexperienced assistants can bounce things off. If Carlton making a play for Brian Cook, why couldn't we?? I would love to see some big strong football names involved. If we are building the young list we need to throw the kitchen sink at all the backroom stuff to capitalise on it.

I would love to get Choco Williams in to help out, wherever he goes they seem to win flags, brilliant with the young kids. Will never happen but that is the sort of person I would love to see floating in the background so not only Longmuir but all our inexperienced assistants can bounce things off. If Carlton making a play for Brian Cook, why couldn't we?? I would love to see some big strong football names involved. If we are building the young list we need to throw the kitchen sink at all the backroom stuff to capitalise on it.

Choco got the flick from the Tigers just before they went on their premiership run if my memory serves me. The word was that he cbf. Slack as all get out but did do a good job of keeping Martin motivated and on the right track. Maybe he's got his mojo and appetite back now?

Jaymie Graham supposedly leaving West Coast, reckon we make a play for him? Forwards coach for WC and has been close to a number of senior jobs

With this talk that Jarrad Schofield is about to join WC, is there a reason why we
wouldn’t have made a play for him.

I imagine he would be ideal as a senior assistant/midfield coach has quite a record.

Jaymie Graham supposedly leaving West Coast, reckon we make a play for him? Forwards coach for WC and has been close to a number of senior jobs

Says the West Coast media - seemed to me he is the first rejected (certainly for the Collingwood job) - nah there has to be better applicants and we really shouldn't need WC intell anymore.

According to 7news, Jaymie Graham is set to leave WCE and go to either us or the Hawks
hope so, hawks can **** off

With this talk that Jarrad Schofield is about to join WC, is there a reason why we
wouldn’t have made a play for him.

I imagine he would be ideal as a senior assistant/midfield coach has quite a record.

He's still under contract and I don't think is suited to be a forward line coach. WC need a mid assistant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back