Atkinson

Remove this Banner Ad

MachoRandySavage

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2010
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok... Out of left field. But. This bloke Jarrod Atkinson) holds the record for 20 meter sprint at Essendon. Is super quick. Exciting with the ball. Remember his smotheer on Jonathon Brown in 09? Not sure why he didn't play more 1's at Essendon. Personality clash maybe? All i know is, players like him are ALWAYS better in a winning/good side. I reckon his pace off half back would be a real asset to us. Still only 25. Any thoughts?

Only 25? i see that as pretty old for someone who has been on the list of a bottom 4 side and not been a regular senior player.

Reported that he failed to turn up to training on a couple of occasions and that yesterday called the club to tell them he didn't have the desire to continue playing AFL.

Enough said.

Not what I heard. I heard (from his cousin) he is in the best shape of his life and keen... Essendon spin doctors at work maybe?

Wojo only has a season left, so a very fast half back flanker would be handy as a replacement. Who can really say with regard to the players 'attitude problems'. It could be a beat up. There would be no harm in the GFC at least having a look at him. That said, still being a fringe player at 25 isn't a great sign.

Man , these guys that have done it easy at lower levels due to their extra talent , it seems every year some of them wash out for some flakey reason. The kid at Richmond is another one.

If he wants it bad , bad enough to do it like Pods then bring him to the club , play in the VFL and show us your serious. Geelong don't need any moths draw to bright light that then can't handle the heat.

I'm one of the few Essendon supporters who didn't mind this guy as a depth player. Always looked a class above in the VFL games he played. Can break lines. Has faults of course.

But if it's true he said he hasn't got the heart to keep training, steer well away. If he was just saying that to ditch us, maybe look into

terrible player

can run, but can't play football

he may look good in a winning side, but we won't BE a winning side with hacks like him in the team

To clear up, he never played any elite level juniors, just country stuff before starting to take it seriously; had a connection to one of our assistants through rumbalara which got him into bendigo reserves, then firsts, then rookie list at about age 23, then main list. So he has had to work.

Is Wojak going around again??? Straight replacement, if he was committed.
tbh I was a bit surprised he wasn't cut already. 25 & not locked into the first side, in a bottom side = pretty shaky ground.
But he can play a bit, and he would fit into the Geelong rebounding type gameplan. Not a good defender, but decent skills & bit of talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

terrible player

can run, but can't play football

he may look good in a winning side, but we won't BE a winning side with hacks like him in the team

Disagree. His highlight reel is pretty damn good. Check out his smother on Jonathon Brown or some of the goals he has kicked. Can play. Once he i s"De-Essendon'd, he'd be a great pick up.

Disagree. His highlight reel is pretty damn good. Check out his smother on Jonathon Brown or some of the goals he has kicked. Can play. Once he i s"De-Essendon'd, he'd be a great pick up.

we just delisted kane tenace, and he was a way better player than atkinson

we didn't become a great team by picking up delistees from bottom 4 sides

I liked Atko and I'm sad to see him go.

Defensively he had a tendency to find himself out of position but rebounding from half-back he was a gem. Very quick, decent by foot and hand and some terrific running goals from 50. I don't know if there's footage available on YouTube of his tap out (to Davey?) at ground level v. Bulldogs in Round 10 that resulted in a goal. He's clever. He'd be a decent pick up for any club and I reckon can improve.

I think he would go around alright at the cats . I think he looked even worse in a side like the bombers and would add some pace to our list .

Remove this Banner Ad

Atkinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back