Attending Games - The compulsary chore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this code for the 'I don't care if we lose by 10 goals as long as we play attacking football' theory. My fave in 2006.

We handled the footy just over 300 times for nearly 50 forward 50m entries. That's very efficient use of the footy.

Maybe you're talking about our attack on the footy. ****ed if I know what Dean was talking about with regard to our intensity around the ball - it was abysmal.

Add the fact that we couldn't hit the side of a ****ing barn and one of our key forwards was trotting around like he had a whale sized anvil attached to his ankle (insert ripping Leigh Brown gags here) and you get a sense of where we were at last night.

Replace the work 'attacking' with 'purposeful' or 'logical' or 'pro-active' and you'd just about be on the money.

I don't mean that I don't mind kicking 15 goals a week even if the opposition kick 25. I mean play a style of football that
a) allows players to play and take risks
b) gives you a chance of winning as opposed to a style that at best will get you 10 goals a match and hope the opposition scores 8
c) isn't picked apart by the opposition as easily and makes them think about what we might do next.

On the thread title, I know that when the siren went in 1996 lots of memories of rubbish days spent at the footy in the 1980s and early 90s came flooding back and it all seemed worthwhile. Watching your team get smashed on a cold Friday night with 10K other diehards makes you worthy of enjoying it as much as the players IMO.

BTW someone told me we had about 11 players with under 50 games experience last night.

The under 50 players were better than the over 100 players imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Attending Games - The compulsary chore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back