Racing August Punting Thread: Birthday carrots for the nags

Remove this Banner Ad

V'landys saying at the parliament enquiry that owners fund the industry, not punters, sums that slimeball up.

Actually he's been tactful. This enquiry was supposed to be about the sale of Rosehill yet the snippets I've seen it appears to have been hardly discussed. Punting as an activity is frowned upon more than Heroin. The last thing you want to say out loud is 'Our Industry can't survive without Gambling', even if that may well be the case.

Actually he's been tactful. This enquiry was supposed to be about the sale of Rosehill yet the snippets I've seen it appears to have been hardly discussed. Punting as an activity is frowned upon more than Heroin. The last thing you want to say out loud is 'Our Industry can't survive without Gambling', even if that may well be the case.
PVL doesn't know tact
Meanwhile NZ no fox given
Gil watching closely
Screenshot_20240810_234207_Samsung Internet.jpg
Anzac spirit alive and well

He's a campaigner of a bloke. Treats punters like absolute shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad, the mighty black caviar died.. still the greatest horse I’ve seen seen up close. She was magical.
I'm been privileged enough to see some good ones in my time, but she was different gravy. Still maintain Makybe winning 3 Melbourne Cups is the greatest racing feat ever and Takeover Target is the greatest racing story ever though

He's a campaigner of a bloke. Treats punters like absolute shit.
I’m not passing judgment on his character. I’m merely saying that horse racing is extremely unpopular, (see Black Caviar discourse over the weekend) that you need to be tactful when discussing an industry with people who aren’t the biggest fans.

I’m not passing judgment on his character. I’m merely saying that horse racing is extremely unpopular, (see Black Caviar discourse over the weekend) that you need to be tactful when discussing an industry with people who aren’t the biggest fans.
2 people in this world punters and non punters that's it

Eliyass has real Just Fine upside for me this prep. Expect he will win well tomorrow and go around pretty short in the Metrop

Happy to risk Manaal first up. A lot of guesswork with how any of them have come back from 2 to 3 and not many fillies carry 58 in this race

Couldn't have a bet in the Winx. Fangirl the obvious but returning after almost dying from injury not a trend im keen to follow. Via Sistina the best horse but couldn't back it to win here over this trip. Just hand her the Cox Plate now if she does. Riff Rocket disgustingly short. If I have any interest in the race it will be a small quaddie with Zougotcha and Tropical Squall hoping punters go heavy through the big names.

Asfoora had every chance to run on and win and didn't...she wasn't good enough. Simple as that. It's been a big campaign for her. She ran 4th in Nunthorpe Stakes (G1).

4 starts outside Aust for 1 win, 1 2nd and two 4ths. Good effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing August Punting Thread: Birthday carrots for the nags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back