Racing August Punting Thread: Birthday carrots for the nags

Remove this Banner Ad

Fangirl is overrated

Frustrated Head GIF

Hope its got plenty of toe. Kilcoy has a 200m straight and its very tight turning.
Itā€™s over 800m, sheā€™s a really quick jumper and has a lot of speed, sheā€™s never been under race pressure, but has had 3 jump outs winning 2, no trials though.
Loken will improve with she should be in the finish.
Spewing she opened at $8.50, though weā€™d get 12-15s easily

Hey guys, Iā€™ve got a filly (mare now) going around at Kilcoy tomorrow.
First start, Race 3 Loken.
We expect her to run top 3, sheā€™s opened at $8.50, too short for mine but sheā€™s got some talent.
Congratulations

Easy win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Que Tempesta into $5.50 in the Heatherlie is not making much sense to me but surely if you think he is that sort of price here the $201 in the Caulfield Cup over a much more suitable trip is worth a bet

Que Tempesta into $5.50 in the Heatherlie is not making much sense to me but surely if you think he is that sort of price here the $201 in the Caulfield Cup over a much more suitable trip is worth a bet
They always keep Ex European horses very safe first up here.
It has a nice record and obviously has talent, but yeah $5.50 is way too short but I will take something in the Caulfield Cup at those odds.

They always keep Ex European horses very safe first up here.
It has a nice record and obviously has talent, but yeah $5.50 is way too short but I will take something in the Caulfield Cup at those odds.

Saint George opened 50-1 and is still more than double the price. I don't think either will win but he brings in better European form.

But yeah anyway if you like the Italian mile and a half form and want to be on him at 5-1 the $201 in the CC seems overs. If he wins at that sort of SP he will come in to 20-1 or less I'd imagine

Saint George opened 50-1 and is still more than double the price. I don't think either will win but he brings in better European form.

But yeah anyway if you like the Italian mile and a half form and want to be on him at 5-1 the $201 in the CC seems overs. If he wins at that sort of SP he will come in to 20-1 or less I'd imagine
The issue is now these European horses are a dime a dozen, they quite often donā€™t carry their form it over here either.
I wouldnā€™t own one for quids, they cost too much as well, my mate just went in one with Neesham called Leaders Listen. Cost him 14k for 5%

The issue is now these European horses are a dime a dozen, they quite often donā€™t carry their form it over here either.
I wouldnā€™t own one for quids, they cost too much as well, my mate just went in one with Neesham called Leaders Listen. Cost him 14k for 5%
Those overseas horses tend to either go absolutely shit or like the bomb first up and then go shit. Could not take 5.5 for the Italian horse myself. Thought Jimmy The Bear represented a little value. Argubly could have beaten GR last strat and its 9s v POJ and co in a G1, but his risk is the trip and deep prep.

She can win tomorrow, but knowing how the stable are thinking Coco Sun in the last will probably be a good barrier trial watch so she doesn't get penalised for the Caulfield Cup. I'm taking some of the 50s and better her for that race. All in all thought Caulfield was a tough day tomorrow. If its mad leaders i thought that Astapor was a massive price for Pride in Race 5 or 6, but happy to sit back and watch most of that card unfold.

Get the feeling POJ could end some preps tomorrow really bust a field open

Just got an update from Trent Bussutin about Craig.
Best horse in the race but today probably not the best day to bet in him.
Only 80% fit, bigger plans for him in the spring, will be rocketing home but Trentā€™s not as confident as he normally is as the horse has other goals.

What app does everyone use to blackbook horses? Have used SB but it has become glitchy. Can only scroll down from A to C, isnā€™t showing all my horses running today, scrolling down from A to Z to find a horse is tedious too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing August Punting Thread: Birthday carrots for the nags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back