AUKUS

Remove this Banner Ad

Former foreign Affairs Minister Gareth Evans damning assessment of the AUKUS deal and the lack of proper process that tied Australia's immediate and long term strategic and security interests to it - not to mention billions of taxpayers' dollars.

Former foreign Affairs Minister Gareth Evans damning assessment of the AUKUS deal and the lack of proper process that tied Australia's immediate and long term strategic and security interests to it - not to mention billions of taxpayers' dollars.

Australia is a USA vassal state.

That is all. We do what they tell us to do. Including giving them our resources for free. And supporting their weapons industry.

Yep lets get rid of Aukus and the 20,000 jobs created for Australians do you even think before you post.
Sometimes - do you?

For the record your 20,000 jobs is costing $18,400,000 per job - assuming everything stays on budget. :drunk:

$18.4m each job - that is an astoundingly bad deal even for the Liberals

Sometimes - do you?

For the record your 20,000 jobs is costing $18,400,000 per job - assuming everything stays on budget. :drunk:

$18.4m each job - that is an astoundingly bad deal even for the Liberals
It’s a great deal for 20,000 people over the next 30 years, you keep on sooking about people being employed though, it seems to escape you that this deal is a joint venture with the Labor party yeah.

Last edited:
It’s a great deal for 20,000 people over the next 30 years, you keep on sooking about people being employed though, it seems to escape you that this deal is a joint venture with the Labor party yeah.
Did they say what these 20,000 people would be doing?

yep! we are funding the yanks. as turnbull has said, the tin tanks will get priority on all the subs and at the rate they are being built we are likely to get none.

yep! we are funding the yanks. as turnbull has said, the tin tanks will get priority on all the subs and at the rate they are being built we are likely to get none.

That is only partly fair. Morrison had entered into the AUKUS agreement and Albo inherited it.

I doubt Albo wanted an East-West link type controversy and subsequent settlement to be his first point of business.

The real question is how do we live in a country where something this monumental can happen without any consultation, with out any political debate, without any political mandate, and without any political consequences?

That is on the Australian people.

That is only partly fair. Morrison had entered into the AUKUS agreement and Albo inherited it.

I doubt Albo wanted an East-West link type controversy and subsequent settlement to be his first point of business.

The real question is how do we live in a country where something this monumental can happen without any consultation, with out any political debate, without any political mandate, and without any political consequences?

That is on the Australian people.

as the tweet acknowledges, it was a scummo 'brain fart' but they were suggesting albo should have negotiated an ‘out’. it would have been expedient to do so.

Orrrrrrr those subs are the best deterrent to any potential invasion / blockade in the entire defence armoury and both sides of politics grabbed it with both hands…..
Something that sprang from the minds of among others Linda Reynolds, Scott Morrison and Bruce Lehrmann is unlikely to have our country's best interests at heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orrrrrrr those subs are the best deterrent to any potential invasion / blockade in the entire defence armoury and both sides of politics grabbed it with both hands…..
“Potential invasion” is an imagined threat.

These subs are Australia’s contribution to USA Imperialism.

They have nothing to do with “jobs” and nothing to do with (imagined) “potential invasion”.

You can argue if Australia should do it to maintain our security ties with the USA and to a lessor extent the UK. But again, that would have nothing to do with jobs and potetial invasion.

Surely it is enough that we give the USA all our resources for free so they can sell them to China?

They have nothing to do with “jobs” and nothing to do with (imagined) “potential invasion”.

You can argue if Australia should do it to maintain our security ties with the USA and to a lessor extent the UK. But again, that would have nothing to do with jobs and potetial invasion.

Surely it is enough that we give the USA all our resources for free so they can sell them to China?
You should get a job in our intellectual agency you seem to be all over it , and while you’re at it tell those people employed by the Aukus deal they need to find another job, the three thousand where i work will happy to here your expert opinion as well.

You should get a job in our intellectual agency you seem to be all over it , and while you’re at it tell those people employed by the Aukus deal they need to find another job, the three thousand where i work will happy to here your expert opinion as well.
As usual that reply does not address a single point I posted.

As usual it is just a Me Me ME sook.

Building our own capability. What a great idea, who would have thought? Probably a better idea than waiting 30 years for US Congress to confirm or deny our access to 2nd hand submarines.

As usual that reply does not address a single point I posted.

As usual it is just a Me Me ME sook.
you’ve been sooking about this deal since in was announced because you reckon we don’t need it , and i just gave you a clue about the 3000 jobs because of the Aukus deal and that’s one facility , so i did address that point it was in the post you obviously didn’t read.

you’ve been sooking about this deal since in was announced because you reckon we don’t need it , and i just gave you a clue about the 3000 jobs because of the Aukus deal and that’s one facility , so i did address that point it was in the post you obviously didn’t read.
How many jobs do you think you could generate with $400,000,000,000 if all of it was spent locally? How many of Australia's massive infrastructure and social issues do you think you could solve?

You could set Australia up forever.

But instead we are going to get (maybe) a handful of submarines that will probably be easily sunk by a drone by the time they are available to protect Australia against a threat that is entirely imagined by idiot politicians who want a job after politics.

The missile factory in Newcastle is 500 jobs for $850m. But we also have to stop talking about jobs when it comes to massive government spending.

How many jobs do you think you could generate with $400,000,000,000 if all of it was spent locally? How many of Australia's massive infrastructure and social issues do you think you could solve?

But instead we are going to get (maybe) a handful of submarines that will probably be easily sunk by a drone by the time they are available to protect Australia against a threat that is entirely imagined by idiot politicians who want a job after politics.
Well if you think its only Subs i can’t help you.

Needs repeating over and over. By the time the subs arrive the country will have the population to have considerable self sufficiency in power, fuel, manufacture etc etc.

More self sufficient less reliant on sea trade when a crunch comes

Of course we won’t be cos we continually seem to be short sighted, even after the pandemic giving us a wake up call

The missile factory in Newcastle is 500 jobs for $850m. But we also have to stop talking about jobs when it comes to massive government spending.
1/How many missiles do we now fire per year.
2/Will the factory need overhauling once the F35s are obsolete and those missiles become obsolete.
3/Where do we get rockets now?
4/Will a future government sell these rockets to a foreign force to be used against civilians.
5/will this just be an American factory for the US regime?
So many questions and nobody to answer or take responsibility for future actions that may come from these rockets.
Still it's work for Newcastle kids I spose.

1/How many missiles do we now fire per year.
2/Will the factory need overhauling once the F35s are obsolete and those missiles become obsolete.
3/Where do we get rockets now?
4/Will a future government sell these rockets to a foreign force to be used against civilians.
5/will this just be an American factory for the US regime?
So many questions and nobody to answer or take responsibility for future actions that may come from these rockets.
Still it's work for Newcastle kids I spose.
Our current naval stockpile is currently being supplied to Israel. Washed through an intermediary of course :rolleyes:

We give the USA all our resources for free to sell to China….. that’s about as far as I can be bothered engaging….

Remove this Banner Ad

AUKUS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back