Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Are people upset with a Bronze medal? I’d be proud just to make it to the Olympics once.
Yes, when they have been the quickest all regatta, saw the tactics the Germans used in the 4 and still seemed surprised by it.

Are people upset with a Bronze medal? I’d be proud just to make it to the Olympics once.
It's all relative, they were defending champs and just set an Olympic best time in the semis. They'll no doubt be disappointed.

The women's pair were happy just to make the final.

Last edited:

Yes and they will be too.

Bronze is a great effort and they’ll look back on it with pride, but tactically they were poor.

Especially after the great form in the lead up to the final.

Sadly our teams on the water just haven’t got it right this meet.

The semi-final times in the K2 and K4 would have won the finals. Didn't get the tactics right. Both in the final, and perhaps using up too much energy in the semi finals where they went considerably quicker than the finals. Bloody Germans knew what they were doing and went considerably quicker in the finals than semis.

I think the K4 would sting more because the semi final time would have won by a significant margin and they were clearly making ground late but ran out of distance. The K2 they would have only won by a bee's dick with their semi final time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The semi-final times in the K2 and K4 would have won the finals. Didn't get the tactics right. Both in the final, and perhaps using up too much energy in the semi finals where they went considerably quicker than the finals. Bloody Germans knew what they were doing and went considerably quicker in the finals than semis.

I think the K4 would sting more because the semi final time would have won by a significant margin and they were clearly making ground late but ran out of distance. The K2 they would have only won by a bee's dick with their semi final time.
Yep ... poor tactics all round

So with that medal, given we have a guaranteed medal in the Water Polo to come we now go past Tokyo and Beijing for total medals won (we won 46 at both). We are currently at 46 plus the Water Polo medal not yet in our tally. The only two Games where we won more were Sydney with 58 and Athens with 50.

I'd say there goes any chance of maybe getting to 20 gold
Since we have already got record Gold, we shouldn't stress about getting any more - though I still back Mackenzie Little in the javelin.

A good target for the last few days would be more medals of any colour to try and beat Sydney's 58.

I'd say there goes any chance of maybe getting to 20 gold

Yeah, needs something unexpected.

Women's water polo best chance but that is a toss of a coin. Won't surprise if it is a penalty shoot out.

Cycling sprint. But the Dutch would be favourite. Maybe there's something else on the track?

Hull would be an outside chance, but you never know. It happened in the men's race. Women's javelin an outside chance too.

We have a lady in the weightlifting 81kg who is in the mix for a medal, but probably not quite gold material. She would need to bump her PB of 263kg up to 270kg.

Not sure if there is anything else?

So with that medal, given we have a guaranteed medal in the Water Polo to come we now go past Tokyo and Beijing for total medals won (we won 46 at both). We are currently at 46 plus the Water Polo medal not yet in our tally. The only two Games where we won more were Sydney with 58 and Athens with 50.
We should get to 50 at least. We have at least 6-7 decent medal chances left

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back