Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

How would that work with national teams, unless you have dinky one-make classes like Formula Fords or hotted up production cars.
You're better off going to your local track to see those. Yes it's popular, doesn't mean it should be at the Olympics
Just have qualifications and race like a normal weekend.

How would that work with national teams, unless you have dinky one-make classes like Formula Fords or hotted up production cars.
You're better off going to your local track to see those. Yes it's popular, doesn't mean it should be at the Olympics

Every country gets a few hours to construct a vehicle from raw materials they find on the streets.

End of the hour, everyone meets at the top of the hill, fastest to the bottom wins.

1723217029364.png

-----------

Opals vs US

US haven't lost since 1992

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Why do the breakdancers get to use their nicknames in official Olympic competition?
Best of luck to 8===Dtation tomorrow anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind some of the breakers.
Some of them certainly have plenty of talent.
You can perhaps compare it to rhythmic gymnastics, synchronised swimming and ice dancing/figure skating in respect to it's use of music and dance.

And - lighting the flame in Brisbane - it's that legendary Australian athlete Ray-gun.

Oh no, she was breaking but seems to have fallen in to the Brown Snake...

And is that a croc or a shark heading her way?

It's honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't stop laughing.

It's like a comedy bit where some random drunk Aunt from the crowd walks up on stage and everyone thinks she's part of the competition.
Reminds me of this guy.

Record golds and potentially highest finish on the table ever and all anyone will remember in 20 years is RAYGUN

She's the Eddie the Eagle of breaking, no one remembers the great gold medallists from ski jumping, everyone remembers Eddie.

There might be a movie about her in about 20 years time, the brave underdog of breaking that had a crack despite being hopeless

They are 'sports' (lol) powered by machinery & fuel. The Olympics should be about human effort.

Picking your nose is probably very popular in every country over the world.
They are sports, also there are skills in both Motogp and F1. (Human effort included). Could you race tracks up to 200-300kms?

Anyway we disagree and aren’t getting anywhere. We’ve both had our say, just leave it at that.

Time to watch the Basketball…

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back