Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

When the German put that time down, l thought there is no way anyone would match that.

Jess just came out and blew it away.
Total clutch, she is the antithesis of the womens rugby team.

Bloody judges taking forever to find a penalty.
That shit me. Almost as if they were trying to find a way to give her a missed gate and then begrudgingly downgrade to a 2 sec penalty.

When it takes that long with all the technology they have, you think the benefit of the doubt goes her way.

Also you would think they would wait until the penalty is confirmed before sending the next person down so that they know what they are chasing. Thats the advantage you get by posting the fastest semi time and going last.

Seemed to be a shambles.

The women are carrying the nation.

The men so far have contributed 3 silvers and a bronze out 14 medals. Need Kyle and co to do something special tonight.

Elijah Winnington in 400m Free, Men's 4x100m Free and Equestrian Chris Burton for silver and the men's 4x200m Free last night won the bronze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you cross words out? I’m new at typing haha

Do you see the bar that has the bold text option?

Click the three dots. Strikethrough is on the bar that will pop up.

The slaloms are the most nerve racking event to watch there is. Can't imagine what it's like to compete on the big stage in them! For Fox to achieve what she has after previous Olympic heart breaks is staggering. Her legacy sits where it deserves to now.
I was discussing this the other day. It’s not an enjoyable watch so to say, because it’s just so nerve-racking. Every turn, every gate, you feel the worst will happen. It’s an incredible sport.

Amazing family. Her old man has finally made me like a Pom, is there anything they can’t do?
I'm amazed how calm he is during commentary when she is on. I go troppo when my 9 year old daughter does a cartwheel in her dance routine, let alone if she was jostling for a gold medal at the Olympics.

I just read that Diehm has had five knee reconstructions. My goodness. What a story to win an Olympic medal!
I read 3 the other day, maybe 3 in one knee and 2 in the other one.

I don't know how sports historian Greg Blood got hold of them, but this is Gracenote's medal predictions for Oz by event

https://x.com/gregblood posted on July 23.

View attachment 2057923

Maybe you have to pay for the list. SMH article by Chip Le Grand yesterday also has the list.

So far Gracenote has picked 6 of the 7 gold winners correctly;

Fox x 2, Cycling Grace Brown, Swimming W 100m back, W 400m, W 4x100m Free,
Got MOC and Titmus in 200m Free round the wrong way
Got Logan Martin wrong - he crashed out today, other 7 still to be decided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back